ArsenaLOL

2279 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: ArsenaLOL

by Franchise FC » 06 Dec 2019 16:40

Hoop Blah
Franchise FC
Hoop Blah I don't think it'll take half that amount to fix it IF they get in a manager who can organise and put the structure in place to provide a half decent platform for their attacking players to perform from..

You only have to look at how Rodgers turned round Leicesters form, or Hasenhüttl sorted out Southampton (at least to start with), to see how small tweaks or a couple of players here or there can make such a difference.

They do need to have a bit of a clear out and bring in one or two defensive players, but imagine what someone like Rafa would be able to do to make them 10 times harder to score against without too much investment.

But does that get them close to the top four, or just arrest the current slide to get 6th to 10th ?

They're probably too far behind the top 4 to get close to them this season, if that's what you mean (ten points to close the gap on Chelsea). But I doubt that any amount of investment or managerial magic is going to get them into the top 4, this season, realistically.

Starting from scratch with some small tweaks to the squad and some proper defensive organisation and I'd say Rafa would be able to get Arsenal into the top 4 with (largely) what they have now. If not he'd have them challenging at least.

You may be right, and I wasn't thinking this season particularly, but I can't see Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea dropping off (with respect to Leicester I hope they aren't but they could be transient in the top four). However, Man Utd & Tottenham are both going to be striving for the top four. I just can't see how a few 'tweaks' would be enough to get a top four next season.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 06 Dec 2019 22:37

Terrible thing to say but Allardyce would improve them.

Surprised Benitez isn’t shorter than 16/1 though.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Dec 2019 00:46

Stranded West Ham (a)
Man City (H)
Everton (a)
Bournemouth (a)
Chelsea (H)

left this year. Need to pick up a win or two there else they could be in trouble esp if Everton and West Ham beat them.

I think West Ham will do them on Monday. Pellegrini is under enormous pressure and these are the sort of games West Ham have a habit of winning

They could feasibly be a couple of points away from the relegation zone by 2020

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Dec 2019 20:52

Arsenal are pathetic. Not a big club anymore.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Dec 2019 23:51

Another fantastic performance from Ozil changed the second half

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 10 Dec 2019 12:13

URZZZZ A fantastic performance from Pepe changed the second half

Corrected for you.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Dec 2019 12:46

Zammo

Corrected for you.

Ozil was non existent. Urzzzz just doesn't get football.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Dec 2019 13:10

Old Man Andrews
Zammo

Corrected for you.

Pinpoint pass into Aubameyang which started the move for the third goal. West Ham simply couldn’t deal with his movement and passing around the pitch

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Dec 2019 13:10

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
Zammo
Corrected for you.

Pinpoint pass into Aubameyang which started the move for the third goal. West Ham simply couldn’t deal with his movement and passing around the pitch

He didn't move.......... He is too lazy for that.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Dec 2019 13:17

Zammo

Corrected for you.

Id say Masuaku coming on changed it more than Pepe, Cresswell has him in his back pocket. When you put together Ozil’s creativity and the liability Masuaku as a FB, you know you’re in danger

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Dec 2019 17:11

LOL

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 15 Dec 2019 17:22

As prolly the biggest Arsenal h8er on here, I preferred it when they were “good”, enjoying it when they then inevitably lost to anybody decent.

This is just boring now.

Ditto Chelsea tbf.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Dec 2019 09:53

LUX As prolly the biggest Arsenal h8er on here, I preferred it when they were “good”, enjoying it when they then inevitably lost to anybody decent.

This is just boring now.

Ditto Chelsea tbf.

Chelsea have been decent this season but they have fallen away badly in the last 5 games W1 L4 - seems like they have been sussed a bit and in massive need for a rebuild. A month ago looked like they had 4th spot nailed but lose to Spurs on Sunday and they will drop out of the top 4 completely.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Dec 2019 10:13

Arsenal baffle me. Still no manager, and even Ljungberg is saying that the clubs needs to make a decision. Awful planning.

Look at Spurs - sack Pochettino, Mourinho is in a matter of hours later, and they've gone from 14th to 5th in less than a month.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Dec 2019 10:24

genome Arsenal baffle me. Still no manager, and even Ljungberg is saying that the clubs needs to make a decision. Awful planning.

Look at Spurs - sack Pochettino, Mourinho is in a matter of hours later, and they've gone from 14th to 5th in less than a month.

Makes you wonder why they didn't move heaven and Earth to get Mourinho, even if it was just a contract to the summer. Both sides would win in that scenario. Mourinho would have looked like a hero coming in to save a club going backwards and Arsenal would have instantly become more solid and capable of winning games.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Dec 2019 10:29

They should have got Benitez in after Wenger, now they've been given another chance to get him.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Dec 2019 10:36

Stranded
LUX As prolly the biggest Arsenal h8er on here, I preferred it when they were “good”, enjoying it when they then inevitably lost to anybody decent.

This is just boring now.

Ditto Chelsea tbf.

Chelsea have been decent this season but they have fallen away badly in the last 5 games W1 L4 - seems like they have been sussed a bit and in massive need for a rebuild. A month ago looked like they had 4th spot nailed but lose to Spurs on Sunday and they will drop out of the top 4 completely.

Obviously Liverpool's ridiculous season affects this but Chelsea are currently 4th 20 points from the top and 20 points from the bottom

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Dec 2019 10:43

John Smith They should have got Benitez in after Wenger, now they've been given another chance to get him.

Already ruled himself out and he is on about £10million a year in China. Hard sell to get him to go to Arsenal.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Dec 2019 10:52

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Dec 2019 10:59

Old Man Andrews
John Smith They should have got Benitez in after Wenger, now they've been given another chance to get him.

Already ruled himself out and he is on about £10million a year in China. Hard sell to get him to go to Arsenal.

I know but for context they spent £70 mill on Nicolas Pepe. This next appointment is the most important in their history.

2279 posts