The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8696 posts
6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by 6ft Kerplunk » 13 Oct 2020 10:25

Old Man Andrews This is the man who walked out on Ireland during the World Cup because the facilities weren't good enough for him. How much is he going to enjoy Harrogate away?

I reckon a visit to the Turkish baths and an afternoon tea at Betty's would chill him out nicely.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Oct 2020 10:26

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit
Ah, you didn't mention your idea was timescale dependant.

That is when he was last successful as a manager. You clearly have some sort of hard on for Roy Keane that has clouded your judgement of his managerial ability.

is that really how discussion works for you? someone shows your theory may have a hole in it and so you just insult them?

Where is the insult? I am a fan of Roy Keane as a pundit, just pointing out his managerial success came 14 years ago so wouldn't be a good choice to be the manager of a League 2 side who have inferior players to the ones he was used to in his playing days and inferior ability to the players he has managed previously.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Oct 2020 10:30

6ft Kerplunk
Old Man Andrews This is the man who walked out on Ireland during the World Cup because the facilities weren't good enough for him. How much is he going to enjoy Harrogate away?

I reckon a visit to the Turkish baths and an afternoon tea at Betty's would chill him out nicely.

Indeed, Harrogate is a lovely place. However, Barrow away is less appealing

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Oct 2020 10:33

WestYorksRoyal
6ft Kerplunk

I mean if Salford do employ Roy Keane I want Amazon or Netflix to through every bit of money they have at Salford to film it for a season. It would be absolute comedy gold to watch Roy in action in League 2.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Oct 2020 11:11

WestYorksRoyal
6ft Kerplunk

Only around the dockyard bit.
A couple of miles out of town and the whole of the Lake District awaits which is my favourite place in England.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Oct 2020 11:27

Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews That is when he was last successful as a manager. You clearly have some sort of hard on for Roy Keane that has clouded your judgement of his managerial ability.

is that really how discussion works for you? someone shows your theory may have a hole in it and so you just insult them?

Where is the insult? I am a fan of Roy Keane as a pundit, just pointing out his managerial success came 14 years ago so wouldn't be a good choice to be the manager of a League 2 side who have inferior players to the ones he was used to in his playing days and inferior ability to the players he has managed previously.

I reckon Keane would be one of those managers who may be a good option as a quick fix, could imagine him scaring the players into actions, hence the quick success at Sunderland

Over the long term, those methods won’t work though as the players will eventually just give up

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Oct 2020 14:46

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit

That is when he was last successful as a manager. You clearly have some sort of hard on for Roy Keane that has clouded your judgement of his managerial ability.

It's how the thick discuss things these days

Keane would do a good job there, command immediately the respect of players and has years of knowledge to impart on them. I can see them doing a Yeovil but without the going down bit

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Oct 2020 15:29

Simmops
Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews That is when he was last successful as a manager. You clearly have some sort of hard on for Roy Keane that has clouded your judgement of his managerial ability.

Keane would do a good job there, command immediately the respect of players and has years of knowledge to impart on them. I can see them doing a Yeovil but without the going down bit

Roy Keane has become a parody of himself. Can't see him ever going back into management as no one will take him seriously. See also Paolo Di Canio.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Oct 2020 16:01

Pepe the Horseman
Simmops
Winston Biscuit

Roy Keane has become a parody of himself. Can't see him ever going back into management as no one will take him seriously. See also Paolo Di Canio.

Nah. I think he's good. He isn't in ZoLOLa territory that's for sure.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Oct 2020 16:36

:roll:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Oct 2020 16:46

GIMP

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Oct 2020 16:58

If Olé loses against Newcastle his job will be hanging by a thread

As he faces PSG, RB Leipzig, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton afterwards

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Oct 2020 17:33

BR0B0T If Olé loses against Newcastle his job will be hanging by a thread

As he faces PSG, RB Leipzig, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton afterwards

United normally perform better against the top teams don’t they?

Did the double over City last year, first team to stop Liverpool’s 100%, did well at Anfield, double over Chelsea etc. I feel your team is geared more towards counter attacking with the pace of Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, James to a lesser extent

Granted, you lost heavily to Spurs but the normality seems to be that you’re stronger against the top teams and struggle against the likes of Newcastle, Palace and West Ham

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Oct 2020 18:29

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit

Are you new to HNA ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Oct 2020 09:08

Unsurprising rumours that Cocu will be gone at Derby if they lose tomorrow to be replaced by Rooney.

Rooney doesn't have his badges so will likely have Mike Phelan as #2 as he does.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Oct 2020 09:13

Stranded Unsurprising rumours that Cocu will be gone at Derby if they lose tomorrow to be replaced by Rooney.

Rooney doesn't have his badges so will likely have Mike Phelan as #2 as he does.

Didn't they just have a decent result at Norwich? Seems extremely knee jerk to sack him so soon into the season. He did a decent job last season too.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Oct 2020 09:18

Pepe the Horseman
Simmops
Winston Biscuit

You can tell him that. We’ll watch.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Oct 2020 10:18

Old Man Andrews
Stranded Unsurprising rumours that Cocu will be gone at Derby if they lose tomorrow to be replaced by Rooney.

Didn't they just have a decent result at Norwich? Seems extremely knee jerk to sack him so soon into the season. He did a decent job last season too.

Any excuse to get Rooney in charge, him becoming manager at some point is inevitable

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 15 Oct 2020 12:18

Old Man Andrews

Genuinely can't remember - did something happen at Derby to adjust expectations downward from Lampard getting them to the play-offs? They finished 10th last season, and never threatened to repeat that play-off showing. They were briefly 7th in April after a good run but then lost four of their last five - spent most the season near Reading in lower mid-table.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Oct 2020 12:20

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews

Genuinely can't remember - did something happen at Derby to adjust expectations downward from Lampard getting them to the play-offs? They finished 10th last season, and never threatened to repeat that play-off showing. They were briefly 7th in April after a good run but then lost four of their last five - spent most the season near Reading in lower mid-table.

They were under financial embargo at some point weren't they? I know they had a quiet season but they have invested recently and although their start has been slow their last game was a big improvement.

8696 posts