The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8696 posts
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Silver Fox » 20 Jul 2020 09:01

There has to be more to Pearson's sacking surely? Who has he chinned?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Jul 2020 12:20

Silver Fox There has to be more to Pearson's sacking surely? Who has he chinned?

Maybe he has some huge bonus if keeps them up. Sacking him now might save them a few bob ?

Nah, you're right, he probably decked someone.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Jul 2020 12:25

Franchise FC
Silver Fox There has to be more to Pearson's sacking surely? Who has he chinned?

Maybe he has some huge bonus if keeps them up. Sacking him now might save them a few bob ?

Surely if that was the case, he could sue them for wrongful dismissal.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Jul 2020 13:25

Hendo
Franchise FC

Surely if that was the case, he could sue them for wrongful dismissal.

There is more to it. Deteriorating relationship between management and board and there was a reported verbal altercation with the owner, Gino Pozzo, on Friday that presumably brought it to a head.

Former Reading loan midfielder Hayden Mullins is now caretaker manager.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/nigel- ... 00542.html

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Jul 2020 17:22

looking at the results before and after Pearson went to Watford it was actually the first 6 games (4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss) which got them out of trouble, after those 6 games they pretty much reverted back to the pre Pearson form

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Aug 2020 21:05

Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2020 21:24

Old Man Andrews Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth!

No real shock. Guy has looked done for ages. Needs a break.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Aug 2020 21:33

Stranded
Old Man Andrews Eddie Howe leaves Bournemouth!

No real shock. Guy has looked done for ages. Needs a break.

Wonder where he will end up next? Think it might be a lower end Premier League side who are struggling next season. Could see Newcastle or Villa having possible vacancies next season.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Aug 2020 21:53

Howe now free to take up his rightful place as England manager, as the media have told us for 5 years he is about to do

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Aug 2020 19:15

Bournemouth will get relegated from the championship next season.......all the factors are there.
Spine of the team leaves, owners cautious with money, wrong manager appointment thinking they can turn the clock back.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Aug 2020 19:38

Well, let’s hope so?

With all of the potential punishments and points deductions that are bandied about on here..we are already safe :lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Aug 2020 19:43

Or maybe next season is the one to own up and take the points deduction with spa serious chance of getting away without going down.

Assuming we’ve got something to be worried about

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Aug 2020 08:33

For the record, the current top 10 longest serving managers in the Premier and Football League are now :

1. Simon Weaver (Harrogate Town) - 11 years, 73 days
  2. Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe) - 7 years, 313 days
  3. Sean Dyche (Burnley) - 7 years, 277 days
  4. John Coleman (Accrington Stanley) - 5 years, 319 days
  5. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) - 4 years, 299 days
  6. Mark Cooper (Forest Green) - 4 years, 85 days
  7. Chris Wilder (Sheffield United) - 4 years, 82 days
  8. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) - 4 years, 32 days
  9. Paul Warne (Rotherham) - 3 years, 248 days
  10. David Artell (Crewe) - 3 years, 207 days

Unless a bigger club comes calling for him, it may take a while to displace Simon Weaver as his dad is Harrogate’s chairman.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 10:27

Ascotexgunner Bournemouth will get relegated from the championship next season.......all the factors are there.
Spine of the team leaves, owners cautious with money, wrong manager appointment thinking they can turn the clock back.

With Wednesday on -12, Derby potentially too and the likes of Rotherham, Luton, Barnsley and Wycombe who are all prime relegation candidates, they'll have to really go some to achieve a double relegation.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2020 10:37

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner Bournemouth will get relegated from the championship next season.......all the factors are there.

With Wednesday on -12, Derby potentially too and the likes of Rotherham, Luton, Barnsley and Wycombe who are all prime relegation candidates, they'll have to really go some to achieve a double relegation.

Stoke must be delighted tbf, although I think they'll do a lot better with MO'N in charge.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Aug 2020 11:38

Hendo
Snowflake Royal

Stoke must be delighted tbf, although I think they'll do a lot better with MO'N in charge.

Think he’s a decent manager to get teams out of trouble but personally don’t think he can make the next step and get teams promoted

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2020 11:45

URZZZZ
Hendo
Snowflake Royal With Wednesday on -12, Derby potentially too and the likes of Rotherham, Luton, Barnsley and Wycombe who are all prime relegation candidates, they'll have to really go some to achieve a double relegation.

Think he’s a decent manager to get teams out of trouble but personally don’t think he can make the next step and get teams promoted

Based on what? His club managerial career where he guided Shamrock Rovers to win the 2010 League of Ireland title, their first league championship since 1994 and then made history by being the first manager of a League of Ireland team to reach the group stages of a European competition. Or joining Stoke who were bottom of the league and managing them to 15th place?

Or based on his International experience managing Northern Ireland to their first ever Euros and first major tournament for 30 years?

I think he is a lot better than you give him credit for and I wouldn't be surprised to see Stoke making a decent fist of it going for the play-offs next year.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Aug 2020 12:17

Hendo
URZZZZ
Hendo

Based on what? His club managerial career where he guided Shamrock Rovers to win the 2010 League of Ireland title, their first league championship since 1994 and then made history by being the first manager of a League of Ireland team to reach the group stages of a European competition. Or joining Stoke who were bottom of the league and managing them to 15th place?

Or based on his International experience managing Northern Ireland to their first ever Euros and first major tournament for 30 years?

I think he is a lot better than you give him credit for and I wouldn't be surprised to see Stoke making a decent fist of it going for the play-offs next year.

Based on gut feeling :)

I dunno, I always got the impression he was a defensive manager, I remember watching NI that Euros and they were well organised without any real attack up top

Guess that could be construed as an unfair judgement given the attacking prowess at his disposal compared to other nations!

Guess time will tell but can see Stoke ending up 10th to 14th - that sort of range. Not saying he’s a bad manager either, just have reservations over how far he can take a club forward

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 12:52

Good lord I'm out of date.

I saw MO'N and thought we were talking about Martin. Glad I didn't join in on that one before I figured out it was Michael.

:oops:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 03 Aug 2020 15:39

Snowflake Royal

Much as I would like to see them sliding down to Div 1 it is IMHO most unlikely.
Not only will they have massive funds for our level after selling Ake for over £40million plus 2 or 3 others they are left (without any further signings) with a squad good enough for at least mid-table in the Championship and possibly much higher.

On top of the money from transfers out they of course have the little matter of the enormous parachute payments.

Looking at the clubs that made the play-offs this season, and those not far behind, the quality in the Championship next season will most likely be quite poor so there will be a great opportunity for a number of clubs who get a decent squad put together to challenge for promotion especially as Norwich and Watford are not that special and are likely to lose their players that are any good.

Incidentally the Bournemouth owner is extremely wealthy so I think he will let players go that want to stay in the Premier League but will not be slow to invest just as he has for the past 5 years to replace them.

8696 posts