The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8688 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Aug 2020 14:08

Jason Tindall announced as the new Bournemouth manager. Tells me they aren't expecting anything next season and probably won't have any players left.

Hope the disgusting cnuts fold!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Aug 2020 16:05

Old Man Andrews Jason Tindall announced as the new Bournemouth manager. Tells me they aren't expecting anything next season and probably won't have any players left.

Pray for Reading4Eva

In all seriousness, can see them still doing OK, reckon players like Stacey, Brooks, Cook, Solanke can be all decent players

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Aug 2020 16:07

Sarri sacked at Juventus after losing to Lyon in the last 16

I rate Sarri as a manager but I think he does better at lower expectation clubs

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 08 Aug 2020 16:18

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Jason Tindall announced as the new Bournemouth manager. Tells me they aren't expecting anything next season and probably won't have any players left.

Pray for Reading4Eva

In all seriousness, can see them still doing OK, reckon players like Stacey, Brooks, Cook, Solanke can be all decent players

Who the oxf*rd is Jason Timdall? Didn't he play rugby?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Aug 2020 20:06

URZZZZ Sarri sacked at Juventus after losing to Lyon in the last 16

And is replaced by Pierlo.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Aug 2020 20:08

Hendo
URZZZZ Sarri sacked at Juventus after losing to Lyon in the last 16

And is replaced by Pierlo.

Who is Pierlo?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Aug 2020 20:16

Simmops
URZZZZ

Pray for Reading4Eva

Jason Tindall was Eddie Howe’s assistant manager. No-one’s heard of him outside of Bournemouth as he has more or less exclusively been with that club as a player and then been Eddie’s no2 everywhere Eddie’s been (so just Burnley and Bournemouth then).

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Aug 2020 11:18

Sutekh
Simmops
URZZZZ
Pray for Reading4Eva

Jason Tindall was Eddie Howe’s assistant manager. No-one’s heard of him outside of Bournemouth as he has more or less exclusively been with that club as a player and then been Eddie’s no2 everywhere Eddie’s been (so just Burnley and Bournemouth then).

Is a very shrewd appointment. Gives continuity but a different voice at the top.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 09 Aug 2020 13:45

Stranded
Sutekh
Simmops

Is a very shrewd appointment. Gives continuity but a different voice at the top.

Continuity?
Continuity of failure having just been relegated , conceded more goals than anybody else and about to sell their 4 best players.
I often find it odd that a no.2 , who has been very much part of success and then failure, takes over when the no.1 gets the sack.

Incidentally I heard from a very good source that Howe went to the board demanding an even bigger say in transfers etc and was told to get stuffed and that the owners wanted to get back to a more attacking style of play on the front foot rather than the shambles of most of this season when so often they just let the other teams play, e.g. making teams like Palace and Newcastle look like Barcelona.

Also you wouldn't believe what some of the hangers-on are being paid.

I think they will do ok in The Championship because there will be enough of the squad left that are just below Premier League standard.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 09 Aug 2020 16:50

South Coast Royal
Stranded
Sutekh

Continuity?
Continuity of failure having just been relegated , conceded more goals than anybody else and about to sell their 4 best players.
I often find it odd that a no.2 , who has been very much part of success and then failure, takes over when the no.1 gets the sack.

Incidentally I heard from a very good source that Howe went to the board demanding an even bigger say in transfers etc and was told to get stuffed and that the owners wanted to get back to a more attacking style of play on the front foot rather than the shambles of most of this season when so often they just let the other teams play, e.g. making teams like Palace and Newcastle look like Barcelona.

Also you wouldn't believe what some of the hangers-on are being paid.

I think they will do ok in The Championship because there will be enough of the squad left that are just below Premier League standard.

I agree

Think it was time for the club to be moved in a different direction, new faces, new ethos and ideas

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Aug 2020 18:27

Dean Holden takes over at Bristol City.

Championship clubs getting less and less ambitious with their appointments. Sign of the times.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Aug 2020 18:53

Old Man Andrews Dean Holden takes over at Bristol City.

Championship clubs getting less and less ambitious with their appointments. Sign of the times.

Saw this doing the rounds on Twitter a few days ago, safe to say their fans aren’t happy.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 11 Aug 2020 10:11

There you go.Big rumour Chris Hughton was on his way there.Hopefully he is still available when MB gets the P45.But maybe when push came to shove;Hughton thought he was worth more than a £300k salary,and a non existent transfer budget.So unless he wakes up and smells the coffee;no chance of him coming here anyway.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Aug 2020 13:03

Hendo

Saw this doing the rounds on Twitter a few days ago, safe to say their fans aren’t happy.

Yes, very odd decision. If Reading had done that there’d be a meltdown on this board. Dean’s managerial experience from what I can see amounts to 3 months as Oldham boss from February 2015. No clue what he’s been up to since then but if it all works out for Bristol then what a masterstroke of an appointment it is.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Aug 2020 13:09

Sutekh
Hendo

Yes, very odd decision. If Reading had done that there’d be a meltdown on this board. Dean’s managerial experience from what I can see amounts to 3 months as Oldham boss from February 2015. No clue what he’s been up to since then but if it all works out for Bristol then what a masterstroke of an appointment it is.

We did do this, we hired Mark Bowen. We seemingly set a trend for clubs hiring coaches rather than a club manager, seems like the owners want full control at this time of uncertainty.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Aug 2020 13:54

Tim Flowers - Maccslefield

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Aug 2020 17:33

Winston Biscuit Tim Flowers - Maccslefield

Great album.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Oct 2020 18:24

Lamouchi.....gone!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Oct 2020 18:55

Chris Hughton takes over. Surprisingly sensible and obviously very good appointment.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Oct 2020 19:34

Pepe the Horseman Chris Hughton takes over. Surprisingly sensible and obviously very good appointment.

Look forward to seeing him get them promoted before he gets sacked shortly afterwards

8688 posts