The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8696 posts
Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Donny Ironside » 23 Nov 2021 10:24

Orion1871
Donny Ironside
Brogue rumour gathering pace that steve bruce will be given the interim job till the summer. :shock: they wouldn't? would they?

Wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world. Former player and iirc the one who scored the winner in the 97th minute to win the Premier league for fergie?

And it would be funny as oxf*rd because Newcastle were dickhead to him

Surely your sources have confirmed whether this is genuine or not.

this one needs to be kept under wraps at the moment due to NDA

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 23 Nov 2021 11:43

SSN aren't normally so secretive about idle gossip.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Nov 2021 12:08

Looking more and more likely that it'll be Poch.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Nov 2021 12:10

Pepe the Horseman Looking more and more likely that it'll be Poch.

Makes sense. If he gets the funds I think he will do a great job there. People seem to forget the job he did in the first few seasons with Spurs, turned them into a really good club, the 2nd best team in England at one point.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Nov 2021 12:14

NathStPaul

Makes sense. If he gets the funds I think he will do a great job there. People seem to forget the job he did in the first few seasons with Spurs, turned them into a really good club, the 2nd best team in England at one point.

Yeh, got a lot of time for him. Will suit all parties as well. He clearly isn't having a great time in Paris, and it opens the door for Zidane.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Nov 2021 12:16

NathStPaul

That’s all true, but the only trophy he’s picked up as a manager is one French Cup, despite having easily the best team, on paper, in the Ligue 1.
He’s clearly a very good manager but, for whatever reason, seems to not have the little extra it takes to get the silverware.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Nov 2021 12:19

Franchise FC
NathStPaul

That’s all true, but the only trophy he’s picked up as a manager is one French Cup, despite having easily the best team, on paper, in the Ligue 1.
He’s clearly a very good manager but, for whatever reason, seems to not have the little extra it takes to get the silverware.

Think he is the wrong man for PSG, that job is made for Zidane imo. Poch comes across as needing players who will run through brick walls for him and as talented as that PSG squad are, they are a bit lightweight and do down tools on a regular basis. I also think his particular style of play is far more suited to the Premier League. He will have similar issues at United in terms of lightweight players but I would think he will get a certain amount of money to fix that next summer, United are a better long term project for him imo. I'd imagine he has little/no control over transfers at PSG where as he will probably get free reign at United.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Nov 2021 12:21

NathStPaul
Franchise FC
NathStPaul Makes sense. If he gets the funds I think he will do a great job there. People seem to forget the job he did in the first few seasons with Spurs, turned them into a really good club, the 2nd best team in England at one point.

Think he is the wrong man for PSG, that job is made for Zidane imo. Poch comes across as needing players who will run through brick walls for him and as talented as that PSG squad are, they are a bit lightweight and do down tools on a regular basis. I also think his particular style of play is far more suited to the Premier League. He will have similar issues at United in terms of lightweight players but I would think he will get a certain amount of money to fix that next summer, United are a better long term project for him imo. I'd imagine he has little/no control over transfers at PSG where as he will probably get free reign at United.

That makes a lot of sense. Not absolutely convinced he’ll have free reign, but certainly a major influence

JackRussel

by JackRussel » 23 Nov 2021 13:28

NathStPaul
Franchise FC
NathStPaul Makes sense. If he gets the funds I think he will do a great job there. People seem to forget the job he did in the first few seasons with Spurs, turned them into a really good club, the 2nd best team in England at one point.

It actually sounds creepy: a head coach has no control over transfers on his team. Maybe at Man U. he will really reveal himself to the fullest extent. All the more so because there are some replacements and acquisitions there.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 23 Nov 2021 17:38

My sources tell me Ernesto Valverde is in talks to become interim Man United manager.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 23 Nov 2021 20:13

Orion1871 My sources tell me Ernesto Valverde is in talks to become interim Man United manager.

Who are your sources? Must be the same person who works there as my mate I used to work with

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Nov 2021 02:20

NathStPaul
Franchise FC

Tbh I’d be all for it just so as to stop the dull Poch to United rumour every time the position opens up

As you say, I think Pochettino needs players committed to the project to succeed. Given the United players downed tools on LVG, Mourinho and now Ole, there’s clearly a recurring theme going on. If he’s allowed to stamp his own authority on the team, it’ll be a good appointment but considering the amount they’ve spent in recent years, they’d probably have to shift a lot of three deadwood first. Ironically one of those teams who spend more and more summer and yet somehow find themselves with more questions than answers each time

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 24 Nov 2021 13:34

Manchester United interested in Ralf Rangnick as interim manager.

Lucien Favre & Rudi Garcia are two more candidates for the interim post. No enquiry to PSG over Pochettino. My source says that United focused totally on appointing an interim.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Nov 2021 18:29

Orion1871 Manchester United interested in Ralf Rangnick as interim manager.

Lucien Favre & Rudi Garcia are two more candidates for the interim post. No enquiry to PSG over Pochettino. My source says that United focused totally on appointing an interim.

I need to know which of you is the Aldi Own Brand Sauce and which is the HP ?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 24 Nov 2021 22:53

Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has turned down the manager vacancy at Manchester United to focus on World Cup qualification with Italy according to my Source.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Nov 2021 09:47

Jokanovic leaving Sheff Utd.

Warnock's available... :?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 10:00

Pepe the Horseman Jokanovic leaving Sheff Utd.

We need Warnock, Sheffield United can have Paunovic.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Nov 2021 11:33

We are so bad that managers now get sacked after beating us. :shock:

Still, I suppose it was only 1-0.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Nov 2021 11:57

From what I can gather, this has been on the cards for a couple of weeks, was close to going in the international break. Something to do with transfers

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 25 Nov 2021 12:07

Royal Rother

We are so bad that managers now get sacked after beating us. :shock:

Still, I suppose it was only 1-0.

tbf any team with play-off ambitions this season not beating us at least 3-0 at the moment should be disappointed.

8696 posts