The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

8695 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by Hoop Blah » 20 Nov 2019 10:10

Old Man Andrews
Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews Mourinho is a great manager and good for the English game. I think he will be a roaring success.

You misspelt was OMA...

Think we will only know for sure when we see what he does at Spurs, there is no reason that squad shouldn't be doing well. United are clearly a basketcase and he wasn't backed properly. We have seen how Ole has struggled to get a tune out of them so I don't think it was just a Mourinho issue at United, it was the club as a whole.

You're right that only time will tell, but I disagree that he wasn't backed at United. He didn't get Maguire when he wanted him no, but he did spend over £350m plus got Zlatan and Sanchez on effectively free transfers (the latter being a swap deal so I'm counting as a free).

He threw his toys out of the pram when he didn't get Maguire, which is ridiculous behaviour when you'd just finished 2nd and brought in two centre backs the season before. It was just bringing forward the traditional Mourinho fall out followed by exit which has followed him everywhere since he left Porto.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Nov 2019 10:13

Not a surprise, tbh. Poch has been walking around with a dark cloud above him since the start of the season.

Jose has one job and that’s get ‘em up that table this season. They are three points behind Sheff Utd, who are fifth. Simples.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Nov 2019 10:18

Hoop Blah
Old Man Andrews
Hoop Blah
You misspelt was OMA...

Think we will only know for sure when we see what he does at Spurs, there is no reason that squad shouldn't be doing well. United are clearly a basketcase and he wasn't backed properly. We have seen how Ole has struggled to get a tune out of them so I don't think it was just a Mourinho issue at United, it was the club as a whole.

You're right that only time will tell, but I disagree that he wasn't backed at United. He didn't get Maguire when he wanted him no, but he did spend over £350m plus got Zlatan and Sanchez on effectively free transfers (the latter being a swap deal so I'm counting as a free).

He threw his toys out of the pram when he didn't get Maguire, which is ridiculous behaviour when you'd just finished 2nd and brought in two centre backs the season before. It was just bringing forward the traditional Mourinho fall out followed by exit which has followed him everywhere since he left Porto.

I posted this on the Man Utd thread 2 years ago. I think it neatly sums up my thoughts.

From Despair To Where? It's not even the fact he's a lying, cheating, obnoxious propagator of anti football who publicly demeans his own players for his own gratification that really gets my goat, it's the way he strolls about thinking he's bigger than the club, only to disappear off after 30 months, tail between his legs because everyone has finally got sick of his utter pcuntery that really bugs me.

What he is very good at is building an expensively assembled squad of superstars and getting them to play like Sam Alardyce's Bolton.

The sooner he fcuks off to the Algarve with a sex doll made in his own image, the better football will be.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Nov 2019 11:36

Great-Johnson on the front pages and Mourinho on the back pages again.

A bit of a surprise as Poch has been the pundits' and media darling for some time and he seemed unsackable.
Will be interesting to see how much money the club spends in January as , ever since his time in Portugal, he has been the biggest spend, spend, spend manager in world football.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Nov 2019 18:16

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews Mourinho is a great manager and good for the English game. I think he will be a roaring success.

rare agreed

This from supposed Reading fans is frankly a disgrace.

The man’s a lying cnut who will doing anything to get a competitive advantage or to justify his actions. Just ask Berkshire ambulance service.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Nov 2019 18:56

leon
WoodleyRoyal

rare agreed

The man’s a lying cnut who will doing anything to get a competitive advantage or to justify his actions. Just ask Berkshire ambulance service.

I think the previous two may have had at least a soupçon of sarcasm

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Nov 2019 19:05

leon
WoodleyRoyal

rare agreed

100% this
Spurs and this twat deserve each other. Matic will probably get recruited and drop into spurs midfield. LOLZ

I would suggest that Poch will go to Manure now.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Nov 2019 20:08

leon
WoodleyRoyal

rare agreed

That doesn't mean he isn't a good manager though. At no point did I say he wasn't a massive bellend.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Nov 2019 21:15

Old Man Andrews
leon
WoodleyRoyal
rare agreed

That doesn't mean he isn't a good manager though. At no point did I say he wasn't a massive bellend.

You said he was good for the English game?!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Nov 2019 21:41

This is going to be an almighty disaster.

Looking forward to it.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Nov 2019 22:40

leon
WoodleyRoyal

rare agreed

Well quite

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Nov 2019 12:29

Royality creeps In
leon
WoodleyRoyal
rare agreed

100% this
Spurs and this twat deserve each other. Matic will probably get recruited and drop into spurs midfield. LOLZ

Why do you hate Spurs so much?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Nov 2019 12:31

genome
Royality creeps In
leon

100% this

He’s Jeremy Corbyn.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 21 Nov 2019 19:27

leon
genome
Royality creeps In
100% this

He’s Jeremy Corbyn.

Nope hate him as well :twisted:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Nov 2019 22:16

leon
genome
Royality creeps In
100% this

He’s Jeremy Corbyn.

He's a fcuking idiot!

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Nov 2019 22:17

Royality creeps in that is

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Nov 2019 22:53

I'm gonna guess he has Arsenal family connections

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Nov 2019 01:50

Royality creeps In
leon
genome

He’s Jeremy Corbyn.

Nope hate him as well :twisted:

Ultimate proof that you really are Jeremy Corbyn...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2019 11:52

Royal Rother This is going to be an almighty disaster.

Looking forward to it.

I like Spurs. Feel sorry for them.

At best they'll win a minor trophy next season and then by the one after they'll be worse off and less competitive than now.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Nov 2019 20:41

Snowflake Royal
Royal Rother This is going to be an almighty disaster.

Looking forward to it.

I like Spurs. Feel sorry for them.

At best they'll win a minor trophy next season and then by the one after they'll be worse off and less competitive than now.

I like Spurs generally, hope they do well more often than not but I’m not a fan of Mr Mourinho despite his successful record as a manager so now not sure what I want for them....

8695 posts