NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Manager Sack Race/Merry-go-Round

by NathStPaul » 29 Jun 2021 13:28

Stranded
NathStPaul
Stranded
That would be strangely beautiful.

It is going to be a left field appointment isn't it?

I assumed Pepe was joking?

Yes I know. It is such a bizarre likelihood to it, that it would be strangely beautiful to see it happen.

I would assume the reason Spurs are being turned down by everyone is because there isn't any money to spend. They will end up having to go for someone grateful such as Woodgate. Unless there are significant funds available Spurs could end up having a very difficult season. They essentially need a whole new defence and central midfield.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 29 Jun 2021 13:36

Spurs aren't being turned down by everyone. They're choosing not to pursue targets and for some reason every single candidate is being handed to the press which is making the whole situation seem way more farcical than it actually is. I think there's someone at the club who is leaking absolutely everything.

Conte, Fonseca, Gattuso, and Nuno were all considered by the club and they didn't pursue it.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 29 Jun 2021 16:33

Hmmm. Maybe. But doesn't really wash with me. Spurs 'considered' Antonio Conte, the guy with four Serie A titles and a Premier League to his name, who just ended Juventus' near decade-long dominance in Italy, and decided against him? I don't buy it.

Either they wanted him but couldn't get him, or he was never considered at all.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Jun 2021 20:04

Sanguine Hmmm. Maybe. But doesn't really wash with me. Spurs 'considered' Antonio Conte, the guy with four Serie A titles and a Premier League to his name, who just ended Juventus' near decade-long dominance in Italy, and decided against him? I don't buy it.

I am ITK at Spurs

I have been told what has happened by somebody who works there at the club with the 1st team IN MY FAMILY but not allowed to say

Let just say one thing......

Spurs will NOT have Knae next season and will NOT finish TOP 10 and will NOT have a good manager!!!!! THIS IS EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Jun 2021 22:40

Sanguine Hmmm. Maybe. But doesn't really wash with me. Spurs 'considered' Antonio Conte, the guy with four Serie A titles and a Premier League to his name, who just ended Juventus' near decade-long dominance in Italy, and decided against him? I don't buy it.

Probably a bit of both. Conte may have turned them down, but they may have turned the others down. Maybe nearly getting Conte raised the bar.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jun 2021 09:32

Conte apparently wanted to join but Levy didn't want to pay him the wage he was demanding/the transfer budget he wanted. So a bit of both on that one.

Fonseca was apparently done and the contract was ready to be signed but Levy pulled out last minute to go for Gattuso who they then decided against after fan backlash. :roll:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jun 2021 09:33

NathStPaul
Stranded
NathStPaul I assumed Pepe was joking?

Yes I know. It is such a bizarre likelihood to it, that it would be strangely beautiful to see it happen.

I would assume the reason Spurs are being turned down by everyone is because there isn't any money to spend. They will end up having to go for someone grateful such as Woodgate. Unless there are significant funds available Spurs could end up having a very difficult season. They essentially need a whole new defence and central midfield.

Lot of deadwood they can clear out to generate funds, players that have been there too long and contribute very little, looking at Aurier, Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Alli and Lamela in particular here. Obviously the potential sale of Kane too

Been said for a few seasons now but Spurs really do need to rip their squad up and almost start again rather than relying on distinctly average (at best) players. A younger manager with the chance to rebuild may suit best

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jun 2021 09:35

Apparently Spurs are still in for Nuno after all by the way :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jun 2021 09:37

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
Stranded

Lot of deadwood they can clear out to generate funds, players that have been there too long and contribute very little, looking at Aurier, Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Alli and Lamela in particular here. Obviously the potential sale of Kane too

Been said for a few seasons now but Spurs really do need to rip their squad up and almost start again rather than relying on distinctly average (at best) players. A younger manager with the chance to rebuild may suit best

Who is going to be spending money on them though? And if somebody does come in for them how much money are Spurs actually going to recoup? Not a lot.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jun 2021 09:45

NathStPaul
URZZZZ
NathStPaul I would assume the reason Spurs are being turned down by everyone is because there isn't any money to spend. They will end up having to go for someone grateful such as Woodgate. Unless there are significant funds available Spurs could end up having a very difficult season. They essentially need a whole new defence and central midfield.

Who is going to be spending money on them though? And if somebody does come in for them how much money are Spurs actually going to recoup? Not a lot.

Yes - I understand it’s a lot simpler said than done. We saw it first hand trying to shift Gunter, McCleary and Baldock a couple of summers ago and none ended up leaving. But then we’re mostly comparing international players here who have played at the highest level. Sure most would generate interest and even if it’s not a substantial transfer fee, would be handy to get them off the wage bill

Also, according to reports, Alli was the subject of bids in January, Mourinho wanted it done, Levy refused it because he still sees Alli as a “valuable” asset to the squad. The whole process of retaining players who aren’t actually very good isn’t very efficient at all

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jun 2021 10:07

Benitez to be unveiled as Everton manager today. I really hope he does well and gets off to a good start. Would love to see the Everton supporters eat humble pie.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jun 2021 12:36

Whilst I think Everton are a fantastic club who an absolute ton of good work in the city, their fans do seem to have a fcuking massive collective chip on their shoulder.

Jinx

by Jinx » 30 Jun 2021 14:31

Whenever you watch Everton on TV their fans come across as the whingiest whiniest bunch in the League. Every decision that doesn't go their way is wrong.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Jun 2021 17:12

Everton meltdown incoming

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Jun 2021 17:38

Spurs on the verge of appointing Nuno according to the Beeb

Would lol if he kicked it off with some kind of:
"I am honoured to be Spurs 14th choice for manager..."

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 30 Jun 2021 18:42

Surprised Wilder gone odds on for the Fulham job. It's well know he doesn't want to work with a DOF and Tony Kahn is very hands on in that role.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jun 2021 20:31

Nuno..... How Spurs have fallen. Oof.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jun 2021 20:32

RG30 Surprised Wilder gone odds on for the Fulham job. It's well know he doesn't want to work with a DOF and Tony Kahn is very hands on in that role.

Tony Khan is also a complete cnut.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jun 2021 20:38

NathStPaul Nuno..... How Spurs have fallen. Oof.

Dunno... obviously not a big name like Mourinho but it might be shrewd. His stock was super high until last season when things went a bit stale at Wolves. Gonna be very interesting to see how it plays out.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 30 Jun 2021 20:41

genome
NathStPaul Nuno..... How Spurs have fallen. Oof.

Dunno... obviously not a big name like Mourinho but it might be shrewd. His stock was super high until last season when things went a bit stale at Wolves. Gonna be very interesting to see how it plays out.

Well I guess they tried to move forward with a big name manager in Mourinho and it didn't work so why not try a different approach. Just can't see the Spurs supporters getting on with his style of play. Nuno might also be a bit underwhelming for the likes of Kane and Son.

8696 posts