We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5762 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by genome » 18 Oct 2016 12:17

It was an absolutely turgid match (4 shots on target?!) but I couldn't help but feel a little satisfaction that it was utterly shit after Sky Sports had been wetting themselves over it.

Unbelievable save from De Gea from Coutinho btw.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 18 Oct 2016 13:10

No Fixed Abode I thought Zlatan (although not his best game last night) is starting to look pretty sharp now. He's been a decent signing so far. Pogba has been a disappointment though.

Still, the English El Classico on Sunday. Chelsea v United. Will be an interesting game and hopefully much better than that last night.

Difficult game for you next Sunday Kes with both of your teams playing each other.
Perhaps one of your many m8s who actually go to games can buy you one of those scarves with both teams on it.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Oct 2016 13:13

BR2
No Fixed Abode I thought Zlatan (although not his best game last night) is starting to look pretty sharp now. He's been a decent signing so far. Pogba has been a disappointment though.

Still, the English El Classico on Sunday. Chelsea v United. Will be an interesting game and hopefully much better than that last night.

Difficult game for you next Sunday Kes with both of your teams playing each other.
Perhaps one of your many m8s who actually go to games can buy you one of those scarves with both teams on it.

Bless you for getting slightly aggressive over football. How's your season going with Twyford Comets under 11s?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 18 Oct 2016 13:57

No Fixed Abode
BR2

Bless you for getting slightly aggressive over football. How's your season going with Twyford Comets under 11s?

Can't see any aggression there, just bants between non-m8s.
Not sure where the Twyford bit comes from -the involvement I have had with junior football has been down South where the likes of Rideout, Redknapp and Howe were young players so you must be confusing me with somebody else.
Incidentally there is a Twyford in Hampshire not far from Winchester and I think it is one of the most common place names in England.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Oct 2016 14:00

Obviously rattLOLed by trying to turn things personal Calm down to a panic m8. Football is only a game.

If you want to get rattLOLed, do it about something more important, like World famine.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 18 Oct 2016 14:00

genome but I couldn't help but feel a little satisfaction that it was utterly shit after Sky Sports had been wetting themselves over it.

guilty 'greed.

Thank God I don't follow a gloryboy team.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Oct 2016 14:20

No Fixed Abode Obviously rattLOLed by trying to turn things personal Calm down to a panic m8. Football is only a game.

If you want to get rattLOLed, do it about something more important, like World famine.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Oct 2016 14:24

No Fixed Abode
Sanguine Nice description of Pogba from the Guardian comments section.

....flailing around like a Carlton Palmer marionette with a couple of cut strings.

:)

Disagree on Ibrahimovic, Kesmond. He's always been strong, that won't change, and he won a decent amount of the balls pumped up to him despite the attentions of Matip, who himself is a big lump. But most of Zlatan's touches went to no-one in particular, and that header was poor.

Didn't read my post then.

I did read it. You said he was looking pretty sharp, I disagreed, unless by 'sharp' you meant 'won a lot of headers', I thought he was erratic with the ball at his feet, and shit in front of goal.

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 18 Oct 2016 14:28

Sanguine
No Fixed Abode

....flailing around like a Carlton Palmer marionette with a couple of cut strings.

Disagree on Ibrahimovic, Kesmond. He's always been strong, that won't change, and he won a decent amount of the balls pumped up to him despite the attentions of Matip, who himself is a big lump. But most of Zlatan's touches went to no-one in particular, and that header was poor.

I did read it. You said he was looking pretty sharp, I disagreed, unless by 'sharp' you meant 'won a lot of headers', I thought he was erratic with the ball at his feet, and shit in front of goal.

His general level of football hasn't been that great* all season but he's banging the goals in

Hold up play was poor and passing was poor last night. If he'd have put the header away it
would be the classic 'Jose playing a decent team away smash-n-grab-dull-as-fcuk' masterclass

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 18 Oct 2016 14:39

yep, that's what he/they are paid to do. But they didn't and it was shite.

I was wanting United to win, just to see the Liverpool balloon burst.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Oct 2016 14:57

And have to put up with unbridled Mourinho worship and that smug Cnut's face smirking wherever you look for the next week?

No thanks. Bad enough after a poxy 0-0 draw FFS.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 18 Oct 2016 15:15

I actually thought squaring it was the best option for Ibrahimovic. Any decent midfielder should have been following that up.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Oct 2016 15:37

Sanguine
No Fixed Abode

So you just interpreted 'sharp' which way you wanted to interpret it. :|

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Oct 2016 15:40

Royal Rother And have to put up with unbridled Mourinho worship and that smug Cnut's face smirking wherever you look for the next week?

No thanks. Bad enough after a poxy 0-0 draw FFS.

When Liverpool were going for the league under Brendan, c'mon, that was gr8 when Liverpool thought it was already in the bag and a patched up Chelsea went there and won and the fall guy being Gerrard. Mourinho banging his chest down the touchline much to the astonishment of the eggy Liverpool fans. 8)

He's good entertainment in an entertainment business.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Oct 2016 16:00

No Fixed Abode

So you meant his ponytail was on point?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 18 Oct 2016 16:03

No Fixed Abode When Liverpool were going for the league under Brendan, c'mon, that was gr8 when Liverpool thought it was already in the bag and a patched up Chelsea went there and won and the fall guy being Gerrard. Mourinho banging his chest down the touchline much to the astonishment of the eggy Liverpool fans. 8)

That patched up Chelsea team in full.........

Schwarzer - FREE TRANSFER
Azpilicueta – 7m
Cole – 5m
Mikel – 16m
Ivanovic – 9.7m
Kalas - 5.2m
Matic - 21m
Lampard – 11m
Ba – 7m
Salah – 11m
Schürrle 18m

Torres – 50m
Willian – 30m
Cahill – 7m

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Oct 2016 16:10

Sanguine
No Fixed Abode

You tell me as you seem to interpret things the way you want.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Oct 2016 16:10

Zammo
No Fixed Abode When Liverpool were going for the league under Brendan, c'mon, that was gr8 when Liverpool thought it was already in the bag and a patched up Chelsea went there and won and the fall guy being Gerrard. Mourinho banging his chest down the touchline much to the astonishment of the eggy Liverpool fans. 8)

That patched up Chelsea team in full.........

Schwarzer - FREE TRANSFER
Azpilicueta – 7m
Cole – 5m
Mikel – 16m
Ivanovic – 9.7m
Kalas - 5.2m
Matic - 21m
Lampard – 11m
Ba – 7m
Salah – 11m
Schürrle 18m

Torres – 50m
Willian – 30m
Cahill – 7m

Yep - cheers for doing that homework for me. 8)

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 18 Oct 2016 16:21

Quite enjoyed that, tbf. Funny that your patched up and our (RFCs) interpretation of patched up could not be any more different. Worlds apart. Who was missing that night ?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Oct 2016 16:28

No Fixed Abode
Sanguine
No Fixed Abode

You tell me as you seem to interpret things the way you want.

How about you explain which part of his game looked sharp?

5762 posts