We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5762 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Jan 2018 18:49

....nobody really dislikes Man U
.....just like nobody is particularly bothered about Chelsea nowadays

Think people just enjoy Jose’s demise....cannot work out why, mind.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 19 Jan 2018 19:51

AthleticoSpizz ....nobody really dislikes Man U
.....just like nobody is particularly bothered about Chelsea nowadays

Think people just enjoy Jose’s demise....cannot work out why, mind.

I neither like or dislike Man Utd but, Jose is a Cnut!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Jan 2018 19:58

Far better than I could’ve ever said it Pete

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Jan 2018 22:42

Indeed. :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Jan 2018 23:23

I used to detest Utd. But as I grew up, I realised you had to have a grudging respect for the way they played and the sheer magnificence of Ferguson's achievements.

Since he left, with the way their spoilt pompous fans have behaved and the appointment of the utterkunt-in-chief, I'm perfectly happy to go back to detesting them. Alongside Chelsea, who despite escaping Jose, remain the unpleasant bunch of scumbags they've always been.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Jan 2018 08:28

BR0B0T
Royal Rother I wonder how long it will be before Sánchez has most of his flair Mourinhod out of him.

He would have fitted in well with Pep but it is never going to work at Utd.

And £350k pw? :lol: :lol:

Why are you such a bitter old pcunt RR?

You said similar things about Zlatan

Seems I’m not alone.

It’s interesting though isn’t it?

Zlatan scored loads of goals last season yes, but you have to wonder at what cost. Apart from paying him circa £350k pw, bringing him in has completely stunted the development of 2 hugely talented youngsters in Rashford and Martial who should by now have been fully-established super-confident fixtures in the team. By accommodating Zlatan every week they became bit-part players, often in positions to which they were not ideally suited.

Does ANYBODY really think Rashford should be playing as a bloody winger?

His injury should have been a blessing at the end of last season but no, they decided to carry on paying him vast sums of money this season and continue to be the distraction away from where the manager should have been focusing - developing the youngsters.

Not really old Cnuto’s thing though is it?

And now Sanchez will be accommodated in similar fashion and with similar consequences.

Shame.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Jan 2018 11:30

Royal Rother
BR0B0T
Royal Rother I wonder how long it will be before Sánchez has most of his flair Mourinhod out of him.

He would have fitted in well with Pep but it is never going to work at Utd.

And £350k pw? :lol: :lol:

Why are you such a bitter old pcunt RR?

You said similar things about Zlatan

Seems I’m not alone.

It’s interesting though isn’t it?

Zlatan scored loads of goals last season yes, but you have to wonder at what cost. Apart from paying him circa £350k pw, bringing him in has completely stunted the development of 2 hugely talented youngsters in Rashford and Martial who should by now have been fully-established super-confident fixtures in the team. By accommodating Zlatan every week they became bit-part players, often in positions to which they were not ideally suited.

Does ANYBODY really think Rashford should be playing as a bloody winger?

His injury should have been a blessing at the end of last season but no, they decided to carry on paying him vast sums of money this season and continue to be the distraction away from where the manager should have been focusing - developing the youngsters.

Not really old Cnuto’s thing though is it?

And now Sanchez will be accommodated in similar fashion and with similar consequences.

Shame.

But Zlatan has hardly played this year? Lukaku is Utd’s best striker and he, quite rightly, is being played down the middle this year. Martial has done pretty well this season on the wing, his pace is terrifying and looks pretty hand when I have seen him. Rashford should be playing upfront, yes. But it’s hard to make a case of picking him and leaving Lukaku on the bench, because if you were gointo stick one of them on the wing, it’s going to be Rashford.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Jan 2018 12:32

Indeed, re Zlatan.

That was always my point last year that spending all that money on a vanity signing (yes, he did score hatful as well) at the expense of the development of the future stars was the wrong move.

And if Rashford had been given the chance to properly grow into the main striker role last year they might not have felt the need to spend daft money on Lukaku.

Just seems to me that the path they have followed has resulted in unnecessary money spent on Zlatan, Lukaku and now Sanchez.

And that is a whole fcukton of money.

Just my way of looking at it. But still, Jose knows best.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Jan 2018 12:41

Royal Rother Indeed, re Zlatan.

That was always my point last year that spending all that money on a vanity signing (yes, he did score hatful as well) at the expense of the development of the future stars was the wrong move.

And if Rashford had been given the chance to properly grow into the main striker role last year they might not have felt the need to spend daft money on Lukaku.

Just seems to me that the path they have followed has resulted in unnecessary money spent on Zlatan, Lukaku and now Sanchez.

And that is a whole fcukton of money.

Just my way of looking at it. But still, Jose knows best.

No one is prepared to offer the season of mixed performances that is critical to development from promising talent to realised potential. It has to be immediate, near constant success. Jose and the likes aren't there to develop talent , they're there to produce instant results. And who can blame them when fans call for managers to be sacked 8 games into the season and the typical appointment for managers is more accurately measured in months than years.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Jan 2018 13:08

Oh you have a point of course.

Although I am always happy to fire the bullets at Mourinho my gripe really is with the “state of the game”.

Clubs throw huge sums of money into the Academies and, whilst I understand that the benefits of doing so are multi-faceted, the main one surely should be to develop home-grown talent capable of moving into the 1st team.

Because of the supposed status and money within the game over here, the managers feel they can’t afford to risk youngsters for a proper run of games so send them out on loan anywhere and everywhere.

Meanwhile they sign youngsters from overseas with no greater talent than the ones they’ve just sent out on loan but whose original clubs have been able to give them lots of opportunities to grow and mature within their 1st team environment because the pressures are not as great, the squads not as big, the money not as vast....

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2018 13:35

There's an argument that the likes of Pep, Klopp and Pochettino are all giving young players the opportunities and reaping the benefits of doing so.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jan 2018 14:17

There's also the argument that Mourinho is an utter cnut and it's flawless.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Jan 2018 14:18

Hoop Blah There's an argument that the likes of Pep, Klopp and Pochettino are all giving young players the opportunities and reaping the benefits of doing so.

average age of United starting line up today is 27
average age of Liverpool starting line up is about 26

Young is in for Shaw today (32 v 23) or they'd be about identical

Mctominay (21), Rashford (20), Shaw (23) on the bench

Klopp and Poch are below Mourinho in the table.

Their key players are a similar age to Utd

You just want things to fit the narrative

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Jan 2018 14:21

From Despair To Where? There's also the argument that Mourinho is an utter cnut and it's flawless.

see I can buy an argument like ^^^

but saying a player MAY have done better IF 'x' had happened....nope

I watch all the United games, Rashford and Martial highlights look great but they are not consistent enough

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jan 2018 14:21

The narrative being that Mourinho is an utter cnut. And he is.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jan 2018 14:24

BR0B0T
From Despair To Where? There's also the argument that Mourinho is an utter cnut and it's flawless.

see I can buy an argument like ^^^

but saying a player MAY have done better IF 'x' had happened....nope

I watch all the United games, Rashford and Martial highlights look great but they are not consistent enough

Let's be clear I don't hate Utd and I don't hate Chelsea, I just hate any club managed by Mourinho, because he's an utter cnut.

I actually quite like Chelsea at the moment because Conte has publicly called Mourinho out for being an utter cnut.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 20 Jan 2018 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Jan 2018 14:25

From Despair To Where? The narrative being that Mourinho is an utter cnut. And he is.

He speaks very highly of you!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jan 2018 14:26

His opinion means shit because he's an utter cnut.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 20 Jan 2018 14:29

From Despair To Where? His opinion means shit because he's an utter cnut.

:lol:

I haven't disagreed with you once on that point :wink:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jan 2018 14:53

It's not even the fact he's a lying, cheating, obnoxious propagator of any football who publicly demeans his own players for his own gratification that gets my goat, it's the way he strolls about thinking he's bigger than the club, only to disappear off after 30 months, tail between his legs because everyone has finally got sick of his utter pcuntery that really bugs me.

What he is very good at is building an expensively assembled squad of superstars and getting them to play like Sam Alardyce's Bolton.

Actually, people took the piss out of Allardyce when he reckoned he could successfully manage Real or Barcelona but if he'd inherited the squad that Mourinho did at Utd, he'd have won as much whilst not spending £300m and making players like Rashford and Martial central to the team.

The sooner he fcuks off to the Algarve with a sex doll made in his own image, the better football will be.

5762 posts