TO GOOGLE

How did you not know about it?

It is oxf*rd golden.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Royal Rother » 23 Dec 2018 12:19

Can’t believe what Roy Keane was saying about the situation this week.

He absolutely lambasted the players for “throwing Mourinho under the bus”.

WTAF has that Portuguese oxf*rd been doing to his players for the last 2 years?

And now some tossers in the media are suggesting that yesterday’s 5-1 win is an indication that they really weren’t giving their best under Mourinho.

Unbelievable.

They have been playing to his plans and his instructions under threat of being dropped and named and shamed if they didn’t do as told.

The shackles were off yesterday and they must have felt brilliant. And it showed.

Looks like now that Mourinho has gone the whole narrative is changing to paint him as a victim. Hilarious really.

The guy is a dinosaur, a once brilliant manager but now lightyears behind the progressive managers occupying the Top 5 places in the PL. Can’t see anyone wanting him but more fool any club side in the upper echelons of any decent league that do appoint him - unless it’s on a 1 year non-renewable contract, regardless of the apparent success in that year.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2018 12:34

It's telling that both Chelsea and Utd instantly improve on binning him isn't it. Very much cases where the manager really is the problem.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Dec 2018 16:12

Shaw told Sky Sports: "I think you can see from the outside how much he has changed things in such a short space of time.

"He is just a really positive manager, he knows what the club needs and also what the fans want in the way we are playing.

"He's bringing that attacking, quick play back to Old Trafford.

"I'm sure the fans are going to appreciate that as much as we [the players] do."

Oooof.

The difference in their play is amazing. What a relief. I should imagine some of the players can’t take the smile of their faces even when asleep.

And Rashford’s dribble creating Pogba’s 1st yesterday..... Brilliant!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 31 Dec 2018 17:45

Can a new manager have ever had an easier set of fixtures for his first 3 games, especially at home to Bournemouth who had lost 9 of their last eleven.
And after yet another easy one in Newcastle it is then the FA Cup and we all know about that one.
Let's see how they do away at Spurs before suggesting that the team and manager are special.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 31 Dec 2018 18:21

Well yes, but it’s surely fair to say that they’ve looked better in the last 3 games than at any stage during the last 2 years, (apart from brief spells when desperation took over and I suspect they decided to dispense with Mourinho’s instructions and just go out and attack, attack, attack).

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Jan 2019 09:08

Victor Meldrew Can a new manager have ever had an easier set of fixtures for his first 3 games, especially at home to Bournemouth who had lost 9 of their last eleven.
And after yet another easy one in Newcastle it is then the FA Cup and we all know about that one.
Let's see how they do away at Spurs before suggesting that the team and manager are special.

I wouldn't be surprised if the run of easier fixtures was at least a factor in the timing of Mourinho's sacking, in two ways. Firstly it gives the new dawn a good chance of proving the decision right by having an easier start, but also imagine how negative it would've been for the club to go into that run of fixtures under Mourinho and struggle to beat those same teams. It wouldn't have been good for the squad, the share price or their reputation amongst potential transfer targets for January.

The difference in the way they're playing is massive though, regardless of the opposition. Did Mourinho get anywhere near this during his easier run of fixtures? In September they played Wolves, Derby, West Ham, Valencia and Newcastle. They scored 7 goals, got stuffed 3-1 at West Ham, and only won the home game against Newcastle.

People seem to be blaming the players in some quarters, but it seems pretty clear to me that it was Mourinho's tactics and man-management that were the problem. He created the environment that caused the players to fail.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Jan 2019 23:23

Was Alan Shearer doing the editing on MoTD tonight?

Gave the impression that Newcastle were running the game despite Utd's 65% possession and twice as many shots on target

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Jan 2019 14:04

BR0B0T Was Alan Shearer doing the editing on MoTD tonight?

Gave the impression that Newcastle were running the game despite Utd's 65% possession and twice as many shots on target

I watched the game live and Newcastle, despite being a little too defensive for my taste, more than held their own. United were the better side yes, but Newcastle made a game of it until the last 20 minutes.

Such a change in form for United. I can't quite put my finger on how it's happened...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jan 2019 14:07

Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit Solskjaer gets it for the remainder of the season

Really poor decision for me. They needed a guy in there who would get the best out of Pogba, Martial and Sanchez, don't think that is OGS.

:?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jan 2019 14:52

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit Solskjaer gets it for the remainder of the season

Really poor decision for me. They needed a guy in there who would get the best out of Pogba, Martial and Sanchez, don't think that is OGS.

Let's see what happens when they play decent sides. Says a lot about your life that you even remember things like that. You clearly need to get laid.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Jan 2019 14:57

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews

Let's see what happens when they play decent sides. Says a lot about your life that you even remember things like that. You clearly need to get laid.

Lol. Was merely reading the last couple of pages and noticed the comment. Don't need to get so defensive m9.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Jan 2019 16:16

Royal Rother Can’t believe what Roy Keane was saying about the situation this week.

He absolutely lambasted the players for “throwing Mourinho under the bus”.

WTAF has that Portuguese oxf*rd been doing to his players for the last 2 years?

And now some tossers in the media are suggesting that yesterday’s 5-1 win is an indication that they really weren’t giving their best under Mourinho.

Unbelievable.

They have been playing to his plans and his instructions under threat of being dropped and named and shamed if they didn’t do as told.

The shackles were off yesterday and they must have felt brilliant. And it showed.

Looks like now that Mourinho has gone the whole narrative is changing to paint him as a victim. Hilarious really.

The guy is a dinosaur, a once brilliant manager but now lightyears behind the progressive managers occupying the Top 5 places in the PL. Can’t see anyone wanting him but more fool any club side in the upper echelons of any decent league that do appoint him - unless it’s on a 1 year non-renewable contract, regardless of the apparent success in that year.

Not sure where I saw or heard it but a take I didn't disagree with was:

Mourinho's shtick in the past was to create a siege mentality - his team vs the world. It worked best when his team was the underdog or relatively disliked (see Inter Milan CL win, and his entire Chelsea reign) but works less well when its one of the biggest teams in the world, or where the board and fans expect better football (see Real and, indeed, United).

If you've ever seen his football manifesto, its the definition of anti-football.

1) The game is won by the team who commits fewer errors.

2) Football favours whoever provokes more errors in the opposition.

3) Away from home, instead of trying to be superior to the opposition, it’s better to encourage their mistakes.

4) Whoever has the ball is more likely to make a mistake.

5) Whoever renounces possession reduces the possibility of making a mistake.

6) Whoever has the ball has fear.

7) Whoever does not have it is thereby stronger.

But in addition to this, he's clearly brought the siege closer and closer in, until its just him vs the world.

Sad, as I genuinely think he was one of the first, good tactical innovators in English football. That first Chelsea team was genuinely exciting.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Jan 2019 16:28

stealthpapes Sad, as I genuinely think he was one of the first, good tactical innovators in English football. That first Chelsea team was genuinely exciting.

Do you mean the first ever? Or the first of his generation?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Jan 2019 16:54

Hoop Blah
stealthpapes Sad, as I genuinely think he was one of the first, good tactical innovators in English football. That first Chelsea team was genuinely exciting.

Well, they're basically the same thing, but more the latter.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 03 Jan 2019 16:55

yeah, tbf, there's a modern missing in there.

Herbert Chapman needs props.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Jan 2019 16:58

Hoop Blah

I think he has joined those who believe that football only started with the Premier League. :wink:

Although even before my time I gather that Herbert Chapman at Arsenal was quite an innovator as were Bill Nicholson at Spurs and also in my lifetime Don Revie and Malcolm Allison
IIRC Revie used a false no. 9 under what was known as the Revie plan.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 03 Jan 2019 17:00

stealthpapes yeah, tbf, there's a modern missing in there.

Herbert Chapman needs props.

Was writing mine before you posted again m'lud.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 03 Jan 2019 19:47

Anyone got a link to a free streaming site? I'm bed ridden with a stomach bug so can't watch it down the local.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Jan 2019 19:54

St Pauli Anyone got a link to a free streaming site? I'm bed ridden with a stomach bug so can't watch it down the local.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/ ... liverpool/

load of links on there

5763 posts