We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5762 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Sanguine » 25 Sep 2019 13:22

BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew
Old Man Andrews The way things are going at Spurs and United only one thing is going to happen here. Poch will be at United by Christmas. Could easily see Jose ending up at Spurs.

Presumably you don't mean our Jose? :wink:
Neville really hammering United in commentary and specifically their transfer record.
Had a decent bet on West Ham at 9/4.

Utd's transfer record has been complete dogshit! Ole has managed to get rid of a lot of deadwood but we've been left with no midfield and a current striker crisis.

Ole's only chance of keeping the fans onside is to play the youth over the experienced players (EP). The EP such as Matic, Young and Mata are shit and we're getting beat anyway so not much downside. At least it would show some direction for the future especially if he establishes a consistent style of play.

I know there is examples of poor transfers across all clubs, but Fred must rank amongst the worst buys in the history of the game.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Sep 2019 13:24

Sanguine
BR0B0T
Victor Meldrew
Presumably you don't mean our Jose? :wink:
Neville really hammering United in commentary and specifically their transfer record.
Had a decent bet on West Ham at 9/4.

Utd's transfer record has been complete dogshit! Ole has managed to get rid of a lot of deadwood but we've been left with no midfield and a current striker crisis.

Ole's only chance of keeping the fans onside is to play the youth over the experienced players (EP). The EP such as Matic, Young and Mata are shit and we're getting beat anyway so not much downside. At least it would show some direction for the future especially if he establishes a consistent style of play.

I know there is examples of poor transfers across all clubs, but Fred must rank amongst the worst buys in the history of the game.

He is the modern day Eric Djemba-Djemba.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Sep 2019 17:42

When was the last time United bought a central midfielder who was a successful buy?

I'm not counting Pogba, for obvious reasons. The only one I can think of, since Carrick, is Herrera, who wasn't exactly an unqualified success.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Sep 2019 22:05

United are woeful. Ole isn't there for a long stay.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 25 Sep 2019 22:55

Old Man Andrews United are woeful. Ole isn't there for a long stay.

they really are...the board didn't back Ole this season, £70M net spend for such a shit squad wasn't enough. Midfield is fooking dreadful and we're left with one 17-year-old kid upfront (who tbf is scoring at least).

all that aside...

Ole's tactics have been shite! Two holding midfielders against weaker teams at home?????!!?!! Do we press, counterattack??? No definitive style of play. Playing Matic and Mata who are both done and defo not the future for United. Persisting with these two (and Lingard) is going to get him the sack. Has to be brave and go back to playing the attacking 4-3-3 he started with rather than bullshit JoseBall defensive 4-5-1

On the positive he's cleared out the deadwood and recruitment so far looks good (AWB, Mags, DJ)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 25 Sep 2019 22:56

oh and Phil Jones just retire m8.

Injured again!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Sep 2019 09:51

Decent result last night, think Chelsea might be a bit tougher mind.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 26 Sep 2019 12:46

AthleticoSpizz Decent result last night, think Chelsea might be a bit tougher mind.

prolly but we did 'em 4-0 last month

with everyone back we're not quite so shit

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Sep 2019 12:54

BR0B0T with everyone back we're not quite so shit

What do you see as United's strongest side BR0B0T? And do you think OGS has any idea of how he sees it?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 26 Sep 2019 13:10

Hoop Blah
BR0B0T with everyone back we're not quite so shit

What do you see as United's strongest side BR0B0T? And do you think OGS has any idea of how he sees it?

Subs: Gomez, Garner, Romero, Lindelof, Rashford, etc.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Sep 2019 13:30

That's a pretty bang average side! I'm surprised to see Fred in any side to be honest.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 26 Sep 2019 13:39

Hoop Blah That's a pretty bang average side! I'm surprised to see Fred in any side to be honest.

good defence, terrible midfield, the attack has a lot of 'potential'

who else do they play instead of Fred? Matic?

...fook dat!

Any injuries and United are totally fooked

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Sep 2019 14:51

BR0B0T
Hoop Blah That's a pretty bang average side! I'm surprised to see Fred in any side to be honest.

...fook dat!

I've not seen a great deal of McTominay, but I'd have imagined a side with him and Matic alongside each other with either Pogba or Lingard (or Mata really) ahead of them (or perhaps McTominay with Pogba and Lingard either side in your formation) before Fred got a serious mention.

I know Mata and Matic are probably 2 years past their best now though, so I'm probably just a bit out of date.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 26 Sep 2019 14:58

Hoop Blah
BR0B0T

...fook dat!

I've not seen a great deal of McTominay, but I'd have imagined a side with him and Matic alongside each other with either Pogba or Lingard (or Mata really) ahead of them (or perhaps McTominay with Pogba and Lingard either side in your formation) before Fred got a serious mention.

I know Mata and Matic are probably 2 years past their best now though, so I'm probably just a bit out of date.

Mata, Lingard and Mata are shite. Gomez is a younger version of Mata in style of play, he represents the future. Mata should go back to Spain or Italy where his talents would be better utilised (slower pace), Matic should retire, Lingard is lower prem level.

Matic takes 5 touches were one and a pass would have sufficed...really slows play down

Fred as the CDM (6) with McTomminay (6/8) and Pogba (8/10) as box to box. Pogba supplying creativity. Essentially go back to what won him 14 games in quick succession rather than playing not to lose

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Oct 2019 08:06

worst start to a season in 30 years

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 08:27

Bit miffed at all the criticsm about the game last night. Yes the quality of football wasn't the best but I thought there was a lot of battling and commitment on show which made for some entertaining scraps and tussles around the pitch.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Oct 2019 08:33

Nothing for Leicester to fear though.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 08:48

Think Leicester are in a great position this season. Really have no pressure on them at all in comparison to Arsenal and Man Utd which lets them play with freedom and they also have a very settled squad which they can no doubt add to in January with the Harry Maguire money. Can see them coming 4th.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Oct 2019 09:05

Good save from Leno towards the end from the FK.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 09:09

Hendo Good save from Leno towards the end from the FK.

You're very easily pleased Hendo. It was his side of the goal and he didn't really have to move much. That being said he did have a good game overall which is a shame as I would really love to see Martinez get the number 1 spot for Arsenal.

5762 posts