We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5752 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by BR0B0T » 20 Dec 2017 16:10

Royal Rother Ok ok, but the point I am making is that, like WBA Under Pulis, nobody enjoys watching them. Not even Man Utd fans.

i enjoy watching them...in fact will do so tonight

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Dec 2017 21:17

One of the very few times I have literally leapt up off the sofa at a goal being scored in a match not involving my team.

#Scenes

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 Dec 2017 21:17

I think we’ve uncovered another glory boy.

But it might have to be FACup glory this season

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Dec 2017 22:46

BR0B0T
Royal Rother Ok ok, but the point I am making is that, like WBA Under Pulis, nobody enjoys watching them. Not even Man Utd fans.

i enjoy watching them...in fact will do so tonight

Jolly good.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Dec 2017 09:36

Winston Biscuit One of the very few times I have literally leapt up off the sofa at a goal being scored in a match not involving my team.

#Scenes

Yep, that was pretty damn awesome.
And that first goal was a worldie.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Dec 2017 09:21

It's normally two and a half years for Mourinho to have a massive flounce against the owners and get the sack, isn't it?

Less than a year to go. I'm going for November 19th.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Dec 2017 11:34

The meltdown is coming..... :lol: :lol:

Mourinho as quoted on the BBC website....

“We are in the second year of trying to rebuild a football team that you know is not one of the best teams in the world," said Mourinho.

He added: "Manchester City buy full-backs for the price of strikers."

Mourinho was appointed United boss in May 2016 and broke the world record that summer to sign £89m midfielder Paul Pogba. He also recruited £30m defender Eric Bailly, and midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan for £26.3m.

This year, United spent £75m on striker Romelu Lukaku, as well as £31m on defender Victor Lindelof and £40m for midfielder Nemanja Matic.

Title rivals City, meanwhile, bought three defenders - Kyle Walker from Tottenham for an initial £45m, Benjamin Mendy from Monaco for £52m and Danilo from Real Madrid for £26.5m - as part of a summer outlay that topped £200m.

"[Spending £300m] is not enough," said Mourinho. "The price for the big clubs is different than for the other clubs. The big historical clubs are normally punished in the market because of that history.

"The boys are doing what they can and they are doing fine."

Mourinho was asked if eight points from the past five games was good enough for a club like United.

In his response he cited Italian giants AC Milan, who sit 11th in Serie A, and European champions Real Madrid, fourth in La Liga and 14 points behind leaders Barcelona.

"When you tell a club like Man Utd, do you think Milan is not as big as us? You think Real Madrid are not as big as we are?" said Mourinho.

"I know what a big club is. One thing is a big club and another thing is a big football team. They are two different things.

"When you speak about responsibilities to win the Premier League, Tottenham doesn't have that responsibility because they are not a club with the same history as us.

"Arsenal don't have the responsibility to win it. Chelsea don't have the responsibility to win it. When you speak about big football clubs, you are speaking about the history of the club."

Utter bollox. :lol: :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 27 Dec 2017 11:48

I'm not sure how he gets away with this. Surely the board will go mentalz at these sorts of comments. Especially so public.

He seems confused as he is comparing spending to other clubs.

Forget that, it you've soent £286m you'd expect to be able to convincly beat teams like Burnley and also play far better football than they have played.

He's opening himself up more to these kind of analysis and counter arguments by blaming lack of funding (literally laughable)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 27 Dec 2017 14:58

bobby1413 I'm not sure how he gets away with this. Surely the board will go mentalz at these sorts of comments. Especially so public.

He seems confused as he is comparing spending to other clubs.

Forget that, it you've soent £286m you'd expect to be able to convincly beat teams like Burnley and also play far better football than they have played.

He's opening himself up more to these kind of analysis and counter arguments by blaming lack of funding (literally laughable)

Burnley and Leicester are only 5 places below United and tbf they both got battered...'should' have been convincing wins.

City have outspent everyone and are reaping the rewards (i'm sure we can all adjust time frames to suit our args so lets not)

Man Utd have spent a lot and are top of the chasers

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Dec 2017 18:09

bobby1413 I'm not sure how he gets away with this. Surely the board will go mentalz at these sorts of comments. Especially so public.

Lol yeah, if other clubs weren't overcharging United, they certainly will now

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Jan 2018 19:31

Good to see that horrible cheat of a diver Ashley Young get his comeuppance today with a 3-match ban for his sneaky elbowing off the ball (which would have led to a penalty if the ref had seen it) against Southampton which followed a blatant push which was also unpunished in another recent game.
The shame of retrospective decisions is of course that the wronged team gets no benefit.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Jan 2018 15:27

I know it’s all about money (mainly) but I wonder whether the really top players in the world will be thinking twice about joining Man Utd because of Mourinho’s sour countenance / outlook and style of play.

If say Griezmann became available and all 4 of Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea made similar offers, I have a feeling Man Utd might be the first option discarded.

They need to get shot sooner rather than later. He is so NOT what Man Utd want / expect from a manager.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Jan 2018 15:47

Jesse Lingard has taken the place of Harry Kane in my doing-ok-but-for-some-reason-doesn't-convince-me player

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 02 Jan 2018 16:02

+1 Winnie. I always think he looks a good prospect who'll develop into a really good player in his mid-20s and forget he's already in his mid-20s.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Jan 2018 16:31

Winston Biscuit Jesse Lingard has taken the place of Harry Kane in my doing-ok-but-for-some-reason-doesn't-convince-me player

Agreed. I'm slightly biased as I just don't like him, but he just looks like he's riding the wave of some good form and a bit of luck along the way even though that form is lasting longer than I thought.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Jan 2018 16:33

Royal Rother They need to get shot sooner rather than later. He is so NOT what Man Utd want / expect from a manager.

If he wasn't still alive Sir Bobby would be spinning in his grave at what Mourinho is doing to his club.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Jan 2018 20:29

Hoop Blah
Winston Biscuit Jesse Lingard has taken the place of Harry Kane in my doing-ok-but-for-some-reason-doesn't-convince-me player

Agreed. I'm slightly biased as I just don't like him, but he just looks like he's riding the wave of some good form and a bit of luck along the way even though that form is lasting longer than I thought.

Another +1. He's one of those players who when he does something really good, it half looks like an accident.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 02 Jan 2018 22:41

Sanguine
Hoop Blah

Another +1. He's one of those players who when he does something really good, it half looks like an accident.

I'm a United fan so glad he's found some form but not good enough...neither is Rashford

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jan 2018 08:46

Yep, Mourinho has well and truly fcuked up Rashford. Cnut.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Jan 2018 09:08

Royal Rother Yep, Mourinho has well and truly fcuked up Rashford. Cnut.

Yep, I called this when Mourinho came in and he had on his hands an exciting and natural striker. I bemoaned at the time the signing of Zlatan, as he would take that forward berth. And lo and behold we have now a run of the mill (albeit pacy with moments of brilliance) winger, or wide-forward.

5752 posts