NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by NathStPaul » 18 Oct 2021 11:52

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
URZZZZ
Again, that isn’t true

Under Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho, they only achieved CL qualification twice in 5 seasons and aside from half a season under Mourinho, weren’t even close to a title race, compared to now where they look a fairly regular top 4 side

Don’t think Solskjaer has the drive/personality to make the final (and most important step) but to say they’ve made no progression doesn’t add up

LOL.

Under Mourinho they finished runners up with an unfancied squad in 2017/18, won the League Cup, won the Community Shield, won the Europa League and made an FA Cup final.

Try again.

Before collapsing in his third season and reverting to square one again

Like I’ve said before, Ole isn’t a winner like Mourinho so you pointing to trophies has no bearing on the conversation. In terms of league positions only, the progression is clear and evident. They finished 2nd with a midfield duo of Fred and McTominay, a duo most have stated aren’t even in the top 10 best in the league

They now have a much stronger squad so should kindly move Ole on but the flak he has gotten is unwarranted

Unless you’re being deliberately obtuse, there really isn’t anything in there which is hard to understand

Genuinely don't think you have a clue what you're talking about on this one, nothing personal.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Oct 2021 11:52

NathStPaul
URZZZZ
NathStPaul LOL.

Under Mourinho they finished runners up with an unfancied squad in 2017/18, won the League Cup, won the Community Shield, won the Europa League and made an FA Cup final.

Try again.

Like I’ve said before, Ole isn’t a winner like Mourinho so you pointing to trophies has no bearing on the conversation. In terms of league positions only, the progression is clear and evident. They finished 2nd with a midfield duo of Fred and McTominay, a duo most have stated aren’t even in the top 10 best in the league

They now have a much stronger squad so should kindly move Ole on but the flak he has gotten is unwarranted

Unless you’re being deliberately obtuse, there really isn’t anything in there which is hard to understand

Genuinely don't think you have a clue what you're talking about on this one, nothing personal.

No change there then :D

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Oct 2021 11:53

NathStPaul
URZZZZ
NathStPaul Yeah they haven't progressed, they have just stayed as they are

Again, that isn’t true

Under Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho, they only achieved CL qualification twice in 5 seasons and aside from half a season under Mourinho, weren’t even close to a title race, compared to now where they look a fairly regular top 4 side

Don’t think Solskjaer has the drive/personality to make the final (and most important step) but to say they’ve made no progression doesn’t add up

LOL.

Try again.

Yep, and under Moyes they were already in need of massive overhaul (Ferguson knew when to quit). Absolutely no surprise that he didn’t ‘succeed’

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Oct 2021 11:55

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
URZZZZ

Mourinho's full season in charge saw him win things plus finish with 7 more points than Ole got last season. I can't see how that can be considered progression? In terms of squad depth they certainly have but nothing more.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Oct 2021 12:07

NathStPaul
URZZZZ
NathStPaul Genuinely don't think you have a clue what you're talking about on this one, nothing personal.

Mourinho's full season in charge saw him win things plus finish with 7 more points than Ole got last season. I can't see how that can be considered progression? In terms of squad depth they certainly have but nothing more.

In terms of where Mourinho left them (11 points off 4th the day he was sacked) to this season, they’ve finished with more points in a higher position each season

Mourinho is (was) a world class manager so it’s no surprise his peaks far outweigh Ole’s. On the other hand, it’s arguable Mourinho left the squad in a worse state that when he took over (awful player morale, poor results etc), whereas the same wouldn’t be said for Ole if he was to be sacked

Rambling on a bit but the point is that Ole took over a disjointed squad with no confidence and has improved the state of the squad each season. Finishing 2nd ahead of Klopp, Tuchel etc is no mean feat, even with some very average players in their squad and isn’t so bad for a “PE teacher” (as some put it)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Oct 2021 12:15

They look like a bunch of overpaid "stars" who are capable of excellence when things fall into place on any given day, but aren't actually doing the graft that is needed when the going gets tough.

This squad under a World Top 30 manager capable of kicking arses (that stay kicked because it hurt) would be better than they are right now.

I do find it surprising that the supposed biggest club in the world have only employed has-beens and merely decent managers rather than a top top manager since Fergie left. In fact I find it bizarre.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Oct 2021 01:32

Temporary reprieve for Ole - would have been under a huge amount of pressure with a defeat tonight. Similar to Mourinho’s win against Newcastle a few years back, that only papered over the cracks

Big period now before the break with Liverpool, Spurs and City to come before the international break. Poor return and that’ll be the end IMO

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Oct 2021 08:20

Next league games are Liverpool, Spurs, City, Watford, Chelsea

oof!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Oct 2021 08:55

Winston Biscuit Next league games are Liverpool, Spurs, City, Watford, Chelsea

oof!

Three genuine toughies and two byes

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Oct 2021 09:35

Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit Next league games are Liverpool, Spurs, City, Watford, Chelsea

oof!

Three genuine toughies and two byes

Spurs are above them in the table now, that's 4 of the top 5 up there

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 21 Oct 2021 09:58

URZZZZ Rambling on a bit but the point is that Ole took over a disjointed squad with no confidence and has improved the state of the squad each season. Finishing 2nd ahead of Klopp, Tuchel etc is no mean feat, even with some very average players in their squad and isn’t so bad for a “PE teacher” (as some put it)

Not sure lumping Tuchel's in there helps Ole at all. Chelsea were ninth in the league and a tactical mess when he took over. Six months later they'd finished in the top 4 and won the Champions League. That's the difference a top class manager can make.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Oct 2021 11:27

Long may Ole stay in charge.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 24 Oct 2021 17:09

Is a Brobot still around? Just wonderin’

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Oct 2021 17:15

I really really hate Liverpool but I have to say, I'm really enjoying this.
Looking at all United fans lovely misery as the third goes in.
Neville being an utter biased pr*ck as usual. Why can't just praise Liverpool, all he does is criticize United rather than just accept Liverpool are playing some lovely stuff.
I'd also add Ronaldo is the worst signing of the season. Yes he has scored goals but work rate is pathetic.
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 24 Oct 2021 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Oct 2021 17:17

And that's a red.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Oct 2021 17:19

Hahahaha 4

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2021 17:21

NathStPaul
URZZZZ
NathStPaul LOL.

Try again.

I look a bit silly now :lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Oct 2021 17:26

Ole will get sacked after this

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Oct 2021 17:27

Ascotexgunner I really really hate Liverpool but I have to say, I'm really enjoying this.
Looking at all United fans lovely misery as the third goes in.
Neville being an utter biased pr*ck as usual. Why can't just praise Liverpool, all he does is criticize United rather than just accept Liverpool are playing some lovely stuff.
I'd also add Ronaldo is the worst signing of the season. Yes he has scored goals but work rate is pathetic.

Because Man Utd have been utterly shit.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2021 17:33

Simmops Ole will get sacked after this

Think he’ll get to the international break but certainly doesn’t have long left

5752 posts