We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5752 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 08:42

Hendo I seem to remember him having a purple patch a couple of years ago where he scored a few games in a row, but has gone well off the boil since then.

Didn't realise he was 27, thought he was a few years younger than that.

From the outside looking in it is one of those cases of someone thinking they had made it and stopped working hard, the elite players never stop doing the hard yards or take shortcuts. Liam Kelly syndrome.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2020 08:56

I think he does need to leave Utd to maybe kickstart his career and Everton wouldn't be bad place for him to go, or somewhere like Newcastle.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 30 Jan 2020 09:27

My favourite bit of commentary last night was "United are struggling to get Lingard into the game" was quite surprised that Neville didn't follow up with "as they have been for about 3 years". There's a decent player there just not a top class one. Strip away the premium that seems to get attached to any player that comes through the United academy and you'll see what he is someone that would do a really good job at a mid-table* team.

* so he's already at the right club etc etc

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jan 2020 10:06

Hendo I think he does need to leave Utd to maybe kickstart his career and Everton wouldn't be bad place for him to go, or somewhere like Newcastle.

Lingard has been so poor for so long now I don’t even think Everton and Newcastle and co would take him. He’d be under pressure to hit it off straight away IMO

We’ve seen players who jump down from the “big 6” to teams like that fail already, such as Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin etc

I just think he should move abroad and start again where he’s not really heard of

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2020 10:23

URZZZZ
Hendo I think he does need to leave Utd to maybe kickstart his career and Everton wouldn't be bad place for him to go, or somewhere like Newcastle.

Lingard has been so poor for so long now I don’t even think Everton and Newcastle and co would take him. He’d be under pressure to hit it off straight away IMO

We’ve seen players who jump down from the “big 6” to teams like that fail already, such as Walcott, Iwobi, Schneiderlin etc

I just think he should move abroad and start again where he’s not really heard of

Hmmm, I don't think he has been overly terrible, especially when you consider Utd's overall situation.

5 goals and 4 assists from 36 games last season and 13 goals and 7 assists from 48 games the season before.

I agree he has been poor this season and probably the back end of last season but to say he has been so poor for so long would be slightly harsh.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 10:31

Hendo
URZZZZ

Hmmm, I don't think he has been overly terrible, especially when you consider Utd's overall situation.

5 goals and 4 assists from 36 games last season and 13 goals and 7 assists from 48 games the season before.

I agree he has been poor this season and probably the back end of last season but to say he has been so poor for so long would be slightly harsh.

Think it is more a case of at the time they needed someone to stand up and be counted he has done the complete opposite, he has more or less gone into hiding and not taken a great opportunity to shine at a time when nobody else at the club has (other than Rashford maybe).

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jan 2020 10:35

Hendo
URZZZZ

I think the majority of those goals came in the era where Ole just came in (so around Dec 18)

So if you exclude those 4 or 5 games, he hasn’t really had any goals or assists in 18 months now

He runs around a lot and works hard but United need more than that

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jan 2020 12:00

6ft Kerplunk My favourite bit of commentary last night was "United are struggling to get Lingard into the game" was quite surprised that Neville didn't follow up with "as they have been for about 3 years". There's a decent player there just not a top class one. Strip away the premium that seems to get attached to any player that comes through the United academy and you'll see what he is someone that would do a really good job at a mid-table* team.

who is going to pay the inflated wages of all the very average United players

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 12:01

BR0B0T
6ft Kerplunk My favourite bit of commentary last night was "United are struggling to get Lingard into the game" was quite surprised that Neville didn't follow up with "as they have been for about 3 years". There's a decent player there just not a top class one. Strip away the premium that seems to get attached to any player that comes through the United academy and you'll see what he is someone that would do a really good job at a mid-table* team.

who is going to pay the inflated wages of all the very average United players

Everton. They are the biggest mugs in English football.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 11 Feb 2020 10:04

It'll likely get rejected, but I like this, anyway. On the back of the Sports Grounds Safety Authority issuing a report emphasising the safety benefits of standing areas in stadiums, United have applied to install 1,500 rail seats for safe-standing in part of their upper tier for a trial period.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Feb 2020 18:16

A fair amount of chat on TalkSport and some of the papers over the last few days, and last week, about Pochettino taking over in the summer and a number of young players on their wanted list.

Seems to be a concerted effort to link the likes of Grealish, Maddison (albeit less than previously) and now Sancho to a summer rebuild.

I'd quite like to see Grealish and Sancho spearheading a resurgent United, maybe with Declan Rice behind them, as I think it would be good for the Premier League and good for England.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Feb 2020 19:59

Hoop Blah A fair amount of chat on TalkSport and some of the papers over the last few days, and last week, about Pochettino taking over in the summer and a number of young players on their wanted list.

Seems to be a concerted effort to link the likes of Grealish, Maddison (albeit less than previously) and now Sancho to a summer rebuild.

I'd quite like to see Grealish and Sancho spearheading a resurgent United, maybe with Declan Rice behind them, as I think it would be good for the Premier League and good for England.

Theres no way any of those players go to United if Ole is in charge imo.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Feb 2020 09:13

Old Man Andrews
Hoop Blah A fair amount of chat on TalkSport and some of the papers over the last few days, and last week, about Pochettino taking over in the summer and a number of young players on their wanted list.

I’m not so sure. I think that really under estimates the draw of United, and the money they’re willing to pay.

Having said that, part of the conversation/coverage, was also about the potential for Poch to be put in place over the summer. I agree that would make it even more attractive, especially for young British players who might’ve paid more attention to his impact at Spurs.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 14 Feb 2020 09:38

Old Man Andrews

Ole has to go in the summer...way out of his depth!

Would quite like to see Julian Nagelsmanm come in. Poch would likely get them organised and into the top 4 tho...who knows!

Doesn't matter anyway if Woodward is making football decisions

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Feb 2020 09:41

Anyone who is anyone is after Nagelsmanm. he only joined them in the summer on a 4 year contract and is doing really well though

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Feb 2020 09:43

BR0B0T
Old Man Andrews

Ole has to go in the summer...way out of his depth!

Would quite like to see Julian Nagelsmanm come in. Poch would likely get them organised and into the top 4 tho...who knows!

Doesn't matter anyway if Woodward is making football decisions

Isn't Nagelsmann going to Bayern in the next couple of years?

Agree he would be ideal for United. Bring in the mentioned young English players and Werner, you'd have some side.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 14 Feb 2020 22:02

Have a friend who gets the occasional inside scoop from utd, he’s been right a couple of times in the past. Apprently Woodward’s preference is Wenger and extended talks have already taken place.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Feb 2020 09:36

WoodleyRoyal Have a friend who gets the occasional inside scoop from utd, he’s been right a couple of times in the past. Apprently Woodward’s preference is Wenger and extended talks have already taken place.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Mar 2020 14:15

There are not enough :shock: ‘s or :lol: ‘s for David De Gea

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Mar 2020 18:06

WoodleyRoyal Have a friend who gets the occasional inside scoop from utd, he’s been right a couple of times in the past. Apprently Woodward’s preference is Wenger and extended talks have already taken place.

Wenger?

5752 posts