Luis Suarez - scumbag

1239 posts
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Luis Suarez - scumbag

by LUX » 12 Jul 2014 11:04

Usual Daily Mail style overreactions on this thread.

Gr8 player. Probably best striker in the world. Also does stoopid things/ has issues.

Good business for Liverpool, especially as he wanted to leave anyway.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Jul 2014 18:08

LUX Usual Daily Mail style overreactions on this thread.

Gr8 player. Probably best striker in the world. Also does stoopid things/ has issues.

In fact the Daily Mail did a piece today (in the style of the Sun) listing his transgressions, good riddance etc.
It made no play of the fact that in his time in England he hasn't been sent off which, for a player supposedly so bad for our game, is quite surprising.
BTW as he will now be playing in Spain that means star players Ronaldo, Bale and now Suarez (3 of the best in the world) are no longer playing in our overhyped Premier League which many still refer to as the best in the world.
Still, never mind we can enjoy watching classy England internationals like Milner, Downing, Smalling et al gracing our top league.

Taffster

by Taffster » 12 Jul 2014 19:09

Victor Meldrew

In fact the Daily Mail did a piece today (in the style of the Sun) listing his transgressions, good riddance etc.
It made no play of the fact that in his time in England he hasn't been sent off which, for a player supposedly so bad for our game, is quite surprising.
BTW as he will now be playing in Spain that means star players Ronaldo, Bale and now Suarez (3 of the best in the world) are no longer playing in our overhyped Premier League which many still refer to as the best in the world.
Still, never mind we can enjoy watching classy England internationals like Milner, Downing, Smalling et al gracing our top league.

You could say that the prem is selling all the best stars, but equally the Prem teams have been buying La Liga stars for years for instance this season - Costa, Herrera, Fabregas on top of the previous years of Aguero, Silva, Mata, Carzola etc etc

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jul 2014 19:26

Victor Meldrew

He doesn't do nasty obvious fouls though does he? He's too clever for that.

He deliberately increases his stride length to step on an opponent's Achilles.

He racially abuses a black man when the ref and every other player is well out of ear shot.

These things are very hard to detect / take action against during a game.

When he really boils over he uses his teeth but again will disguise it by faking a stumble.

Crackpot.

He will of course do something similar next season in Spain.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jul 2014 19:27

Good luck trying to bite Pepe ya toothy wee bastard.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Jul 2014 20:12

Taffster
Victor Meldrew

You could say that the prem is selling all the best stars, but equally the Prem teams have been buying La Liga stars for years for instance this season - Costa, Herrera, Fabregas on top of the previous years of Aguero, Silva, Mata, Carzola etc etc

True but they are never the top players even though they look special in our Premier League where Carzola, Silva (in particular) and Mata have looked a cut above but (like Fabregas) are only fringe players when it comes to the Spanish side.
Aguero is a terrific player and there has been some talk of him going back to Spain to play in what I have felt for some years is the best league around and last year with Athletico, Real and Barcelona all vying for home and European honours that surely was the case.

With Neymar, Suarez and Messi on one side and Bale and Ronaldo on the other for two of the top teams this is the top league in the world isn't it?

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 12 Jul 2014 21:19

Agree there were(are) stronger teams in Spain last season but don't think there is a huge difference in the leagues

All-time top 25 Champions League table
The following is a list of the top twenty-five clubs with the most points gained in the UEFA Champions League, since the introduction of the new format in season 1992–93. The clubs are primarily ranked by their points gained, on a basis of two points for a win, one for a draw and no point for a loss. The results from the qualifying rounds are not included.

This list is current as of 25 May 2014

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jul 2014 23:08

I wonder how it looks for the last 10 years.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Jul 2014 23:15

PieEater And a scumbag player who's done detestable things ends up getting rewarded for it.

*Conspiracy theory claxon*

Was the 'bite' a deliberate ploy to make Liverpool more open to the idea of letting him go?

philM

by philM » 14 Jul 2014 12:36

winchester_royal
PieEater And a scumbag player who's done detestable things ends up getting rewarded for it.

*Conspiracy theory claxon*

Was the 'bite' a deliberate ploy to make Liverpool more open to the idea of letting him go?

Warnock said that on Talksport the day it happened. He reckoned Liverpool were going to do everything they could to try and stop him going and so Suarez did it to force the move. Seems unlikely really but I suppose it's just about possible.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 14 Jul 2014 20:02

Royal Rother I wonder how it looks for the last 10 years.

Pretty strong i'd imagine as UK have fielded 8 teams in the final

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Jul 2014 22:21

Yep, that's what I was thinking.English teams have been very consistent in the last 10 years, more so than the previous 10 (I'd have thought).

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 15 Jul 2014 09:22

Suarez will struggle at Barcelona as he strikes me as the sort of player who has to feel he is the main man wherever he plays; having people telling him all the time how brilliant he is massages his ego, prevents his lack underlying lack of self respect from coming to the fore, and keeps his ever present chip's on both shoulders in check.

At Barcelona, he won't get that; Messi is THE number 1 there, followed by Neymar. (Visiting the Nou Camp a few weeks ago, I was amazed at the Messi/Neymar cult of personality that is there - there is virtually no other Barca player who gets a look in). Suarez isn't even guaranteed a starting spot as Messi plays down the middle (Suarez's preferred area of operation) and the only available place for him is out wide to replace Sanchez.

Also, what happens if Barcelona have a great start to the season before his ban is finished? It will be difficult for him to get into the side.

When that happens, he will be discontented and we all know what that means, as his 3 biting incidents have all occurred when he was looking to move from his club. I wouldn't be surprised if his stay at the Nou Camp is considerably less than his contract length....

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Jul 2014 10:45

Plus Messi throws a wobbler and threatens to leave every time they bring someone in to play down the middle

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Jul 2014 10:53

Good points all round.

The stress on Scumbag and resulting feelings of inadequacy and resentment could produce some interesting results.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 15 Jul 2014 14:22

I think they'll do pretty well.

tbf...Messi, Suarez and Neymar seems pretty hard to defend against

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 08 Aug 2014 13:43

Suarez at an appeal today

I am sticking with my prior prediction as he is a Barcelona player

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 08 Aug 2014 16:48

Mr Angry Suarez will struggle at Barcelona as he strikes me as the sort of player who has to feel he is the main man wherever he plays; having people telling him all the time how brilliant he is massages his ego, prevents his lack underlying lack of self respect from coming to the fore, and keeps his ever present chip's on both shoulders in check.

At Barcelona, he won't get that; Messi is THE number 1 there, followed by Neymar. (Visiting the Nou Camp a few weeks ago, I was amazed at the Messi/Neymar cult of personality that is there - there is virtually no other Barca player who gets a look in). Suarez isn't even guaranteed a starting spot as Messi plays down the middle (Suarez's preferred area of operation) and the only available place for him is out wide to replace Sanchez.

Also, what happens if Barcelona have a great start to the season before his ban is finished? It will be difficult for him to get into the side.

When that happens, he will be discontented and we all know what that means, as his 3 biting incidents have all occurred when he was looking to move from his club. I wouldn't be surprised if his stay at the Nou Camp is considerably less than his contract length....

I posted a while back that Suarez’s choice (or at least one of his considerations) was between becoming a Liverpool legend for eternity, up with the likes of Rush and Dalglish – or chasing more likely trophies at Barca or Real or wherever. I don’t necessarily blame him for his decision. It’s just a shame there are few players like Gerrard, Giggs etc in the game for the passion they feel for their clubs.

Real have about the best attack in world football now – yet it doesn’t stop Falcao going to the Bernabeu to make 15-20 starts a season, when he’d be the main man at Liverpool.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Aug 2014 14:29

Match ban upheld but can now attend training

1239 posts