by Simon's Church » 27 Jan 2012 10:08

TBM

:lol: :lol:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: redknapp tax evasion - trial begins january

by Mr Angry » 27 Jan 2012 11:14

Hoop Blah
Zammo Lester Piggott went down for a similar offence. Don't think it matters how famous you are if you start fcuking over the Inland Revenue.

Had completely forgotten about that! Did he use his accent as a defence too?

Mr A, thanks for the details provided. It doesn't sound good for him does it!

As I said, the wife works in Tax Accounting; even her Spurs-mad colleague reckons 'Arry is going down for this.

What everyone has to realise is that HMRC are relentless; if you have been evading tax and they fiund out, they will put together an utterly water-tight case BEFORE presenting in to the CPS, In other words, if the case comes to trial, they are as positive as they can be of their data and evidence and, whilst I can't find the figures to back this assumption up, I suspect that the % success rate of court cases that they bring is very, very high.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Jan 2012 11:26

Can I be the first to Dodd this thread?

(he got off with a similar plea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Dodd#T ... court_case )

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 27 Jan 2012 11:27

Simon's Church
TBM

:lol: :lol:

In tears here. This is fantastic. :D

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 27 Jan 2012 11:32

yep, lol

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Jan 2012 11:55

Hoop Blah
Zammo Lester Piggott went down for a similar offence. Don't think it matters how famous you are if you start fcuking over the Inland Revenue.

I remember this one. The IR were desperate for Lester to pay anything what with him being the Queen's jockey. Sadly for Lester, he sent them a cheque but from an account the IR knew nothing about. They had no choice but to prosecute :lol:

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 27 Jan 2012 12:38

The nail in the coffin for tears was when i read 'Rushin Bloke' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 27 Jan 2012 14:48

Genius

"Bail (yes pleez)" :lol:

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 27 Jan 2012 16:11

Proper lolzathon that...

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 27 Jan 2012 17:23

Uke "You talk to anybody at the football club. I don't write. I couldn't even fill a team sheet in."

Only been a football manager for 29 years though Harry...

I've always thought Harry wasn't that bright on paperwork. Anyone remember when he played a player in the FA cup who had played in an earlier round while on loan? That was bad enough, but Harry blamed the player for not telling him and kicked him out of the club. I would have expected the manager to know, and if he didn't know, to check.

On a different point, one thing I'm wondering is if Harry got a sell-on fee from players he bought for Portsmouth even after he left the club. Because I remember he bought Defoe, Crouch and Krancjar for Spurs, saying that he was "helping them out"--them being Pompey, whom it was already clear he'd let in the lurch. Could he actually have been helping himself out?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Jan 2012 18:26

Portsmouth are pretty famous - shouldn't they go down

Gillian Taylforth ............

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 27 Jan 2012 19:36

Mr Angry
Hoop Blah

As I said, the wife works in Tax Accounting; even her Spurs-mad colleague reckons 'Arry is going down for this.

What everyone has to realise is that HMRC are relentless; if you have been evading tax and they fiund out, they will put together an utterly water-tight case BEFORE presenting in to the CPS, In other words, if the case comes to trial, they are as positive as they can be of their data and evidence and, whilst I can't find the figures to back this assumption up, I suspect that the % success rate of court cases that they bring is very, very high.

Plus HMRC are absolutely out to get football and everyone in it. They hate the Football Creditors Rule and the sums they've lost to football clubs, so agree with all of that - they'll be ruthless and relentness.

And good luck to them - it's our money we're talking about.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Jan 2012 21:02

Svlad Cjelli
Mr Angry As I said, the wife works in Tax Accounting; even her Spurs-mad colleague reckons 'Arry is going down for this.

Plus HMRC are absolutely out to get football and everyone in it. They hate the Football Creditors Rule and the sums they've lost to football clubs, so agree with all of that - they'll be ruthless and relentness.

And good luck to them - it's our money we're talking about.

Which is why Harry's lawyers are using essentially the same defence as Doddy did, while shafting Mandaric

However, when Mandaric's lawyers present their case expect them to shaft Harry...

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 27 Jan 2012 21:27

facaldaqui I've always thought Harry wasn't that bright on paperwork. Anyone remember when he played a player in the FA cup who had played in an earlier round while on loan? That was bad enough, but Harry blamed the player for not telling him and kicked him out of the club. I would have expected the manager to know, and if he didn't know, to check.

Samassi Abou I believe?

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 27 Jan 2012 22:59

lol @ arin lenin and ger mane

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 28 Jan 2012 00:07

handbags_harris
facaldaqui I've always thought Harry wasn't that bright on paperwork. Anyone remember when he played a player in the FA cup who had played in an earlier round while on loan? That was bad enough, but Harry blamed the player for not telling him and kicked him out of the club. I would have expected the manager to know, and if he didn't know, to check.

Samassi Abou I believe?

Close but it was Emmanuel Omoyinmi
http://thefcf.co.uk/2011/12/15/on-thisday-west-ham-aston-villa-1999/6762/

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 30 Jan 2012 12:13

I think he'll get off.

His lawyers are playing a very clever game where they are triangulating every element of this case between Harry, his accountant and Mandaric.

Be difficult to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt of his guilt.

Also bear in mind this jury will be bored to tears by now. The longer these cases go on, the harder it is to get a conviction from a jury.

Selfishly I want him to get off as he's the best choice for next England manager we have!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 30 Jan 2012 13:06

Seal I think he'll get off.

His lawyers are playing a very clever game where they are triangulating every element of this case between Harry, his accountant and Mandaric.

Also bear in mind this jury will be bored to tears by now. The longer these cases go on, the harder it is to get a conviction from a jury.

Selfishly I want him to get off as he's the best choice for next England manager we have!

1. Did Mr Redknapp set up an offshore account named Rosie47? YES
2. Did Mr Redknapp put money to the value of approx. £300K into this account? YES
3. When did Mr Redknapp declare this account to HMRC? 2 Months AFTER being arrested for tax evasion
4. Did Mr Redknapp pay income tax on the money deposited into this account? NO

Open and shut.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2012 13:07

'zackly, all the moving of the blame to Mandaric will do is help the prosecution get him aswell

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 30 Jan 2012 13:08

Mr Angry
Seal I think he'll get off.

1. Did Mr Redknapp set up an offshore account named Rosie47? YES
2. Did Mr Redknapp put money to the value of approx. £300K into this account? YES
3. When did Mr Redknapp declare this account to HMRC? 2 Months AFTER being arrested for tax evasion
4. Did Mr Redknapp pay income tax on the money deposited into this account? NO

Open and shut.

But he can't read, write, count? It's all his accountants fault. Admin error.

226 posts