Portsmouth fc

1559 posts
watfordroyal

Re: Portsmouth fc

by watfordroyal » 17 Feb 2012 14:29

I don't see Rangers as any different!
They have been scamming the tax for 10 years or more, to pay for top players that they could otherwise not afford,
so where is the even playing field for the rest of the SPL.
They cheated their way to their tainted trophies. :twisted:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Feb 2012 14:36

watfordroyal I don't see Rangers as any different!
They have been scamming the tax for 10 years or more, to pay for top players that they could otherwise not afford,

Who are these top players. David healy? :lol: :lol:

They've also not been scamming tax for even close to 10 years, they simply had loans set up by murray. Its only since the economy collapse that the situation has arrose.

Aberdeen fans are worsened only by celtic up in scotland, everyone hates their miserable attitude. I for one really hope Rangers come to England and work their way from the lowest league possible, watch the whole of scotland complain when their gone IMO.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Feb 2012 14:38

strap Are you seriously suggesting you want to see the demise of a once proud club just to further OUR status?

Its Portsmouth, so yeah, i couldn't give a fcuk :lol:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Feb 2012 14:45

TBM
strap Are you seriously suggesting you want to see the demise of a once proud club just to further OUR status?

Its Portsmouth, so yeah, i couldn't give a fcuk :lol:

+1 proud club rofl

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 17 Feb 2012 15:23

FiNeRaIn

They've also not been scamming tax for even close to 10 years, they simply had loans set up by murray. Its only since the economy collapse that the situation has arrose.

Aberdeen fans are worsened only by celtic up in scotland, everyone hates their miserable attitude. I for one really hope Rangers come to England and work their way from the lowest league possible, watch the whole of scotland complain when their gone IMO.

I seriously doubt rangers paid £30m+ into offshore accounts for the likes of David Healey,
but more likely Amoruso, Prso, Klos etc.
"miserable attitude" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to see the old firm go to England, would make an even playing field for the rest of Scottish football. Years ago it would have been a disaster financially for all others, but now I think not.
Attendances for games with OF used to be sell-outs, not now, there's much less interest, whereas games between Hibs/Hearts, UTD/us,
Well/Killie etc. would bring back bums on seats if there were REAL chances of winning titles.

Yeah, the standard at present is Division 2 and tv would take the money out, but the Scottish government could subsidise some of the shortfall, but the game would pick up and become vibrant & attractive again.

And don't tell me that some of the OF fans wouldn't pick up "2nd Scottish teams" like Partick Thistle, Hamilton, Airdrie etc. especially if we switch to a Summer Scottish League.
:wink: :wink:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Feb 2012 15:32

watfordroyal
FiNeRaIn

I seriously doubt rangers paid £30m+ into offshore accounts for the likes of David Healey,

I'd like to see the old firm go to England, would make an even playing field for the rest of Scottish football. Years ago it would have been a disaster financially for all others, but now I think not.
Attendances for games with OF used to be sell-outs, not now, there's much less interest, whereas games between Hibs/Hearts, UTD/us,
Well/Killie etc. would bring back bums on seats if there were REAL chances of winning titles.

Yeah, the standard at present is Division 2 and tv would take the money out, but the Scottish government could subsidise some of the shortfall, but the game would pick up and become vibrant & attractive again.

And don't tell me that some of the OF fans wouldn't pick up "2nd Scottish teams" like Partick Thistle, Hamilton, Airdrie etc. especially if we switch to a Summer Scottish League.

What makes you think we English would want the old firm?! There's a lot to be said for letting Scotland have full independence, particularly if we can put the wall back up again! Maybe the Scots could take their fellow celts - Swansea and Cardiff - into their league and free us from them! :wink:

I do understand what you are saying about creating proper and fair competition though.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Feb 2012 15:34

watfordroyal
FiNeRaIn

Agree with a lot of that other than your beliefs on the financial situation at rangers. Prso for example was signed on a free transfer.... :?

Lets wait and see whats happened to all the money. its amazing how many celtic and aberdeen fans know more about where the money has gone than the HMRC :lol:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 Feb 2012 15:35

I fcuking hate Pompey.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 17 Feb 2012 15:39

General football :arrow:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Feb 2012 15:58

Finerain, you seem to be confusing transfer fees and wages. Prso signing on a free transfer has nothing to do with part of his wages possibly being paid in untaxed image rights into an offshore account to dodge taxes.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 17 Feb 2012 16:05

watfordroyal
FiNeRaIn
watfordroyal Who are these top players. David healy? :lol: :lol:

Agree with a lot of that other than your beliefs on the financial situation at rangers. Prso for example was signed on a free transfer.... :?

Lets wait and see whats happened to all the money. its amazing how many celtic and aberdeen fans know more about where the money has gone than the HMRC :lol:

Not saying I know where all the money's gone, but there's no denying paying foreign players via foreign bank accounts to avoid paying tax is a bit of a scam. Could rangers afford the wage bill otherwise is open to question.
It sounds like a number of EPL clubs may have been doing the same, and this could well have cheated Reading out of the prem.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Feb 2012 16:08

Ian Royal Finerain, you seem to be confusing transfer fees and wages. Prso signing on a free transfer has nothing to do with part of his wages possibly being paid in untaxed image rights into an offshore account to dodge taxes.

Key word there.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 17 Feb 2012 16:15

Hopefully the cheating oxf*rd will be non-existent by the end of the season. Send out a message and let proper clubs like Reading thrive!!!

HMRC need to be firmer.
Last edited by rfc2001 on 17 Feb 2012 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

Hemenbruff Royal
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

by Hemenbruff Royal » 17 Feb 2012 16:15

I have a vague recollection of Portsmouth fans coming to Elm Park in the seventies (possibly early eighties) and near killing a Reading fan in the fighting that took place. I've hated them ever since. The sooner they go out of existence the better.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 17 Feb 2012 16:17

Hemenbruff Royal I have a vague recollection of Portsmouth fans coming to Elm Park in the seventies (possibly early eighties) and near killing a Reading fan in the fighting that took place. I've hated them ever since. The sooner they go out of existence the better.

Agreed. I may be wrong but was it last season they kicked off down the Mad Stad!

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 17 Feb 2012 16:26

rfc2001 Hopefully the cheating oxf*rd will be non-existent by the end of the season. Send out a message and let proper clubs like Reading thrive!!!

HMRC need to be firmer.

How often do you imagine they issue a winding up procedure for two missed PAYE/NIC payments?

Payments are due on the 19th of the month following the month they are deducted. Presumably when the payment was missed Dec 19th the WUP proceedings were started immediately- very very little delay considering the Christmas New Year break. My guess is they have a zero tolerance policy now. When month 1 was missed PFC undoubtedly got a letter warning them...

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 17 Feb 2012 16:50

This from down Memory LOLane

Summing up by way of retort on 30 June 2009, Carlin
All is fine at Pompey.

I think it's more of a will Reading or southampton go out of business first?

...and that was just the beginning

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 17 Feb 2012 16:53

Still haven't forgiven them for not beating Fulham and therefore curtailing our time on the big stage.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 17 Feb 2012 16:55

38-pager from the last time PFC went into administr8ion

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 17 Feb 2012 19:02

Yet only 10pts deduction.

1559 posts