England vs Holland

302 posts
YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

England vs Holland

by YateleyRoyal » 23 Feb 2012 10:37

The Squad

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: England vs Holland

by YateleyRoyal » 23 Feb 2012 10:38

Very interesting to see Fraizer Campbell in there, but a mild surprise that there's no Oxlade-Chamberlain. He's only hit form in the same time frame that Campbell has come back from injury, so if Campbell deserves a go, shirley so should he?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 23 Feb 2012 10:43

So Pearce's idea of an experimental squad is to pick all the same players but also include someone who's played 2 or 3 games this season?

QuaLOLity.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Feb 2012 10:46

^This, was pleased to hear Pearce would be 'experimenting', but he hasn't. :|

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 23 Feb 2012 10:48

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United).

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

Unconvinced by these. If we went into the Euro with them then I wont expect much more than getting out of our group.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 23 Feb 2012 10:50

Cleverley is a surprise to me as he’s only played two games, and I also thought that Rooney wasn’t being used as he can’t play – although that may have just been Crapello.. Surprised that Carson is getting a game over John Ruddy as well, as I think he’s been in good form. Also mildly surprised at the exclusion of Crouch and Joleon Lescott. Don’t think Downing deserves his place at all.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Feb 2012 10:52

That squad pretty much proves my point that England don't need a manager, it picks itself bar a couple who prolly won't play in a tournament anyway. Why is Rooney in it when he's banned for the first 2 games of the euros?

Good to see no sign of Fwank mind you

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 23 Feb 2012 10:54

Also glad Rio aint there.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 23 Feb 2012 10:55

YateleyRoyal but a mild surprise that there's no Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Don't think its a bad thing that he's in the U21s where he'll get a full game. Actually who's taking charge of the U21s if Pearce is doing the seniors?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Feb 2012 11:00

Not sure Gerrard should be in there.

No Carrick, Lescott or Lampard....
Last edited by No Fixed Abode on 23 Feb 2012 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 23 Feb 2012 11:00

6ft Kerplunk
YateleyRoyal but a mild surprise that there's no Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Don't think its a bad thing that he's in the U21s where he'll get a full game. Actually who's taking charge of the U21s if Pearce is doing the seniors?

The U20s coach, Brian Eastick.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Feb 2012 11:21

Yeah Campbell is a bizarre one, always somebody that's been well thought of but he has literally played 3 games all season. I can't stand Gareth Barry so he'd be gone from any squad I'd pick but the rest is fine by me.

I'd take Ferdinand to the Euros, I'd try and see if Scholes would go. I'd also try and get Foster and Robinson to be the other 2 keepers with Hart. No to Terry, Lampard and Barry and also Downing. I'd take the rest of them.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Feb 2012 11:22

It's good to see Micah Richards back in there.......

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 23 Feb 2012 11:24

Anyone going? I have day off following day so thought I'd go along.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by YateleyRoyal » 23 Feb 2012 11:26

Stuka Anyone going? I have day off following day so thought I'd go along.

Thinking about it m9. Where would you be heading from?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Feb 2012 11:37

Such an average squad lol, we really are falling behind the other top nations seriously quickly. How many top euroean match winners are in that team? Rooney and thats when he's not sent off or being an idiot.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Feb 2012 11:46

Gerrard is in to be the skipper, and Pearce is using the game to have a look at some of the younger/less established players; doesn't mean to say that the new Manager (ok, Harry) when he comes in won't select Fwank (in fact, I'd guess his god-son will be the first name on the teamsheet and will end up as captain out in Ukraine/Poland).

As for the Euro's, if England and the FA had any sense, they would be treating the tournament as a stepping stone to Brazil 2014; get tournament experience for younger players who are likely to figure in a couple of Years rather than rely on the "Golden Generation" again in order to try and chase short term glory.

But of course, they won't; as someone posted - "this squad won't win the Euro's" to which the answer SHOULD be, "no, but so what?" but which will instead be "Ooooo lets bring our World Class superstars back in so that we can win the tournament as is our right".

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Feb 2012 11:55

YateleyRoyal

Thinking about it m9. Where would you be heading from?

At a guess, North London

Toon Toon Blue army

by Toon Toon Blue army » 23 Feb 2012 12:48

How much are tickets?

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 23 Feb 2012 12:51

Silver Fox That squad pretty much proves my point that England don't need a manager, it picks itself bar a couple who prolly won't play in a tournament anyway. Why is Rooney in it when he's banned for the first 2 games of the euros?

Good to see no sign of Fwank mind you

Tough job surely?

The next manager has to decide when to end the careers of Terry, Lampard, Gerrard and Cole.

302 posts