How much do you dislike West Ham

151 posts
Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: How much do you dislike West Ham

by Ark Royal » 21 Mar 2012 18:47

Totally indifferent. To me, just a second-rate London club.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 21 Mar 2012 18:50

I definitely think we should determine which is the better club by counting the number of supporters who have degrees.
Everyone put your hands up if you've got a degree...

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Mar 2012 18:52

LOL at the bloke on the WHU forum replying to my earlier wind up comment by indignantly claiming he had a 2:1 in sociology.

Oooo, get her, he'll be claiming he split the atom next.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 21 Mar 2012 18:57

mr_number I definitely think we should determine which is the better club by counting the number of supporters who have degrees.

yupp

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 21 Mar 2012 19:06

Norfolk Royal LOL at the bloke on the WHU forum replying to my earlier wind up comment by indignantly claiming he had a 2:1 in sociology.

At my school 2:1 in sociology was known as roasting.

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 21 Mar 2012 19:14

I loathe them and pretty much agree with the sentiments in the original post. We sell our best player to break even while they spend £6 mill on a single signing despite having a £30 mill plus debt - how do you compete with a club like that? Being a pessimist when it comes to footy I expect them to go up at our expense but if there's any justice it'll be the other way round.

I also hate the way the media say, 'no genuine fan wants to see another club go bust' - bollocks! If West Ham and Pompey went under I'd piss myself! It's not as if either club would die anyway - they'd just have to stick AFC at the start of their name and work their way up from the bottom. If God forbid it ever happened to us there'd still be 3,000 hardcore fans watching us at Palmer Park or wherever every other week.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 21 Mar 2012 19:16

I'd just like to point out that, like the vast majority of Reading fans, i do in no way consider WHU to be our rivals. That doesnt stop me wanting to beat them to the Prem more than any other team in the league.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Mar 2012 19:28

mr_number I definitely think we should determine which is the better club by counting the number of supporters who have degrees.

Once again we are at a distinct disadvantage.

Quite a number of their fans get the opportunity of a totally free degree. No fees, no student loans and free accommodation, food and entertainment for the duration -

courtesy of HMPS!

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 21 Mar 2012 20:29

I h8 them

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Mar 2012 21:02

Massively arrogant, poorly run and don't care, Fat Sam, admitted cheating live on air, Tevez.

Not an awful lot to like about them really.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 21 Mar 2012 21:05

To be fair, they seem to dislike themselves more than anything. Especially at home.

I don't dislike them. I've enjoyed the wins we've had at their expense (reminds me of the little grudge we had with Wolves for a time after Fatso's travails), but then as much as we've given them a bit of a raping on the park in the past few years, one should recall that when they had the homunculus Bellamy scampering across the pitch at Smallmead in the year Reading were relegated from the Prem, they gave us a bit of a spanking that day.

These matters have a way of coming back to bite you when the posturing starts up.

Have met some knobs who follow the Irons, but also know some who are very decent types. Depends on your outlook. During the game I'll be shouting rabid anti-Cockney diatribes. Afterwards I'm more likely to be thinking about pie and mash.

Like many a club on leaner times, a lot of their fans seem to hark back to better days and see themselves as still 'belonging' at those levels. Not a bad mark that your club has some history, at least.

Not like me to post football-related stuff, nor with any sense or reason. Apologies for such reasoned nonsense.

I have to say I like Sam Allardyce a great deal less than I do West Ham. Shady, wheedling, dour Northern twat.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 21 Mar 2012 21:18

Ian Herring To be fair, they seem to dislike themselves more than anything. Especially at home.

I have to say I like Sam Allardyce a great deal less than I do West Ham. Shady, wheedling, dour Northern twat.

Agree on the self loathing and Allardyce. I'm sure he leaves a slugs trail behind him.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 21 Mar 2012 21:46

IIRC it was the Premier League that gave West Ham the green light to move to the Olympic Stadium, but of course while they are in the Championship they are no longer members of that particular club. The Football Leagues rules would indicate they wouldn't be so keen to sanction the move due to the impact it would have on Leyton Orient as the incumbent club in the area.

As such keeping them down could throw a real spanner in the works, so perhaps you could argue the pressure is really on them this season. Fingers crossed we and Southampton beat them too it and the billy big bollocks are left in the Championship to rot!

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 21 Mar 2012 21:55

Norfolk Royal LOL at the bloke on the WHU forum replying to my earlier wind up comment by indignantly claiming he had a 2:1 in sociology.

I do have to admit, that did rather make me laugh!
I am ashamed to admit on here that my 2:1 is only from Nottingham. How many Oxbridge graduates do we have- not to mention more doctorates than an average NHS hospital.
Whilst I would hesitate to stereotype WHU fans as knuckle-dragging, racist, skin-head thugs, for them to describe posters on this fair portal as "trainee joiners and litter-pickers" is somewhat, err, inaccurate. For those visiting from KUMB, perhaps you might benefit from understanding that we have, in addition to the academics, some quite senior people from pharma, publishing, Public Health, Law and not least of course IT. Indeed I believe there is nowhere else on the entire Internet one can experience England’s finest carrot producer honing his rapier wit in scintillating banter.

One can only imagine their ignorance says more about them than us.

To address the original question- quite a lot.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Mar 2012 22:06

Don't really care about West Ham or any other team and especially don't care about what they think of RFC. Seems a bit ghey to worry about what people who you've never met think of you tbf.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Mar 2012 22:26

exileinleeds

I do have to admit, that did rather make me laugh!
I am ashamed to admit on here that my 2:1 is only from Nottingham. How many Oxbridge graduates do we have- not to mention more doctorates than an average NHS hospital.
Whilst I would hesitate to stereotype WHU fans as knuckle-dragging, racist, skin-head thugs, for them to describe posters on this fair portal as "trainee joiners and litter-pickers" is somewhat, err, inaccurate. For those visiting from KUMB, perhaps you might benefit from understanding that we have, in addition to the academics, some quite senior people from pharma, publishing, Public Health, Law and not least of course IT. Indeed I believe there is nowhere else on the entire Internet one can experience England’s finest carrot producer honing his rapier wit in scintillating banter.

One can only imagine their ignorance says more about them than us.

To address the original question- quite a lot.

don't forget the stella drinking meteorologists.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Mar 2012 22:30

The fact they think we are either A) chelsea fans or B) we all suddenly emerged in 2005/2006 tells you all you need to know about the stupidity and arrogance of their support.

If only KUMB showed the IP location of all their posters. It would be interesting to see how many of their fans were actually based anywhere close to upton park :lol:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 22 Mar 2012 00:47

West Ham fans Russell Brand Ray Winstone Danny Dyer
Reading Chris Tarrent Sam Mendis Micheal Parkinson

I rest my case.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 22 Mar 2012 07:39

Did anyone see them play against Boro?

No wonder the fans are getting worried. :wink:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 22 Mar 2012 15:31

don't go when they lose a couple in a row

Had to :lol: at this. We didn't win a home game for 9 months and our attendances stayed the same. West Ham don't win a game in 90 minutes and they boo there team off the pitch.

151 posts