Dirty LOLeeds

558 posts
SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Dirty LOLeeds

by SLAMMED » 21 Oct 2012 12:47

As posted in the weekend football thread:

Cawley was found on November 6, carrying a train ticket from Cheltenham to Coventry, a Leeds away match ticket and a membership card in his friend's name. Cawley maintained he was going to Birmingham's Bullring shopping centre

:lol: :lol:

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 21 Oct 2012 12:53

Royal Lady
Stuboo Totally agree with RL.

Apparently the police are currently compiling evidence from CCTV etc, not just for that one fan but for all the misbehaving ones, and trying to locate the scummer who struck Kirkland.

FFS - you couldn't make it up - he was all over FB - if the police don't know who it was by now, they need sacking!

I'm not defending the police, but maybe he is lying low at a mates house, where they can't find him. But you're right, if they can't catch him, with his name and a clear picture of him they're useless!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 Oct 2012 14:05

Police have arrested a 21 yr old in Cheltenham this afternoon.

Apparantly it took all the combined resources of Scotland Yard, Morse, The New Tricks team and Poirot to nail this elusive super-criminal.

Royalist

by Royalist » 21 Oct 2012 16:07

The SYP would of been busy looking for who threw the flare on the pitch from the home end, how the advert fell of top tier of away end and landed on a kids head below aswell. It wasn't just one Leeds fan who acted up it was idiots on both sides. Most likely looking for footage of him before and after to strengthen the case

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 21 Oct 2012 16:38

Mr Angry wrote: Police have arrested a 21 yr old in Cheltenham this afternoon.

Apparantly it took all the combined resources of Scotland Yard, Morse, The New Tricks team and Poirot to nail this elusive super-criminal.

Taggert and Bergerac surely!!!

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 21 Oct 2012 17:20

As funny as it would be to see the Leeds twat jailed, you can't really jail someone for a push in the face.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 21 Oct 2012 17:50

TheMaraudingDog As funny as it would be to see the Leeds twat jailed, you can't really jail someone for a push in the face.

Why not?

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 21 Oct 2012 17:57

The return fixture at Elland Rd will be tasty.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 21 Oct 2012 18:04

TheMaraudingDog As funny as it would be to see the Leeds twat jailed, you can't really jail someone for a push in the face.

Depends on previous I would think.

RedRum

by RedRum » 21 Oct 2012 18:32

It's still a criminal offence though (what in particular will be decided I guess). I agree in that it's very unlikely to be jailed, probably community service/ fine - and being banned from every sporting game for the rest of his life would go down well too...

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Oct 2012 19:38

SLAMMED As posted in the weekend football thread:

Cawley was found on November 6, carrying a train ticket from Cheltenham to Coventry, a Leeds away match ticket and a membership card in his friend's name. Cawley maintained he was going to Birmingham's Bullring shopping centre

:lol: :lol:

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... story.html

"I AM not a hooligan, I just want to go back to watching Leeds play."

Those were the words of Aaron Cawley who was found guilty of breaching his football banning order for the third time.

The 20-year-old from Blenheim Square, Cheltenham, was been banned from every football ground in the country when he was 16 after he was caught at the centre of 200-strong riot at Leeds' Elland Road ground.

He was found guilty of breaking his latest two-year ban at Cheltenham Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.

His ban forbids him from travelling on the national rail network to or from any town or city on the day Leeds play a home or away game in that city.

He was charged with breaching the order on November 6 last year when he was found travelling by train to Coventry on the day Leeds were playing in the city. He had previously breached it twice before and so the order had been extended.

Prosecutor Elizabeth Thomas said Cawley was found on November 6, carrying a train ticket from Cheltenham to Coventry, a Leeds away match ticket and a membership card in his friend John Dymock's name. Cawley maintained he was going to Birmingham's Bullring shopping centre

Cawley said: "My banning order was three months from being overturned.

"If I was going to risk it I would have done it years ago. The risk was not worth it. I am not a hooligan. I don't go to cause trouble."

His brother Michael said: "A few years ago he did breach the banning order but he has not done since."

Defending, Gemma Bond said: "It was never his intention to use the ticket. It was his intention to go to the Bullring and meet his friends after the game."

Police were alerted to Cawley's whereabouts when he was discovered being noisy and disruptive in a coffee shop at Cheltenham Spa Railway Station. They found he was the subject of the banning order and officers stopped him at Birmingham New Street station.

Finding Cawley guilty, magistrate Jane Saltmarsh said: "You yourself knew a banning order was in operation. You should not have accepted a ticket that said Coventry on it."

She ordered a probation report on Cawley to be made before sentencing. He was released on unconditional bail to return to Gloucester Magistrates' Court on Monday for sentence.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2012 19:42

Quality bloke, knew what he was doing, has previous....JAIL

Cheltenhams own village idiot

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Oct 2012 20:01

There is a post on the Cheltenham Town message board saying that he went to Cheltenham's game at Wimbledon last weekend, but went in the home end with a CTFC supporting friend because he thought he'd be recognised if he went into the away end. There are claims that he's was spotted at Whaddon Road a couple of times last season but, surprisingly, he doesn't seem to have found any like minded individuals amongst the genteel Robins support.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Oct 2012 20:01

Interesting that despite arresting the scum early this afternoon, police are continuing to question him tonight.

I wonder what they have to chat about.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Oct 2012 20:02

And he's from Hesters Way so is, by definition, a scumbag.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 21 Oct 2012 20:03

Royal Rother Interesting that despite arresting the scum early this afternoon, police are continuing to question him tonight.

I wonder what they have to chat about.

This is Gloucestershire. it never normally gets this exciting. Plod are just enjoying their 15 minutes of fame.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 21 Oct 2012 20:11

I appear to have offended some Leeds fans on Twitter today. Suprisingly enough, I've never been called a prick and a cock so many times in my entire LOLife

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Oct 2012 20:29

who are ya? Suprisingly enough, I've never been called a prick and a cock so many times in my entire LOLife

:shock:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 21 Oct 2012 22:30

You know we live in a country where people can get 8 months in prison for wearing a t-shirt?

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 22 Oct 2012 01:12

who are ya? I appear to have offended some Leeds fans on Twitter today. Suprisingly enough, I've never been called a prick and a cock so many times in my entire LOLife

The things Leeds fans were saying on twitter after Michael Brown broke Karacan's ankle really showed me the type of people many leeds fans are. They were loving the fact they'd seriously hurt one of our players.

558 posts