West Ham v Birmingham

305 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: West Ham v Birmingham

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Apr 2012 18:44

Platypuss
MmmMonsterMunch I would rather see us win tomorrow night than on Friday to be honest. Being 6 clear of WHU with 4 games left would be nice. I'm sure knowing they've dropped points again tonight will spur us on.

How do 3 points against Brighton put us further ahead of West Ham than 3 points against Southampton? :|

I didn't actually say that though did I? I just think a win tomorrow means less pressure on the Saints game. We can relax, play some football & hopefully get a point at St Marys. Where as if we lose, there is all of a sudden huge pressure to get something at St Marys.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 09 Apr 2012 18:45

At this stage of the season, home draws are little better than a defeat; if we draw our last 3 away games and win our last 2 home games, IF West Ham win their last 4 games, it will come down to GD...tonight was a nightmare for West Ham (even though they will see it as some sort of "victory" cos they were 3-1 down at ht) as it makes their job so much harder than it would have done (look at tonights table, then look at it with WHU having an extra 2 points from a win tonight.......).

A win tomorrow night for us and then 6 points clear with 4 games to go......frankly, the way we are playing and getting results and that makes it nigh on impossible for WHU to catch us; seriously, could anyone see them gaining 1.5 points a game on us till the end of the season??
Last edited by Mr Angry on 09 Apr 2012 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Apr 2012 18:46

Mr Angry At this stage of the season, home draws are little better than a defeat; if we draw our last 3 away games and win our last 2 home games, IF West Ham win their last 4 games, it will come down to GD...tonight was a nightmare for West Ham (even though they will see it as some sort of "victory" cos they were 3-1 down at ht) as it makes their job so much harder than it would have done (look at tonights table, then look at it with WHU having an extra 2 points from a win tonight.......).

A win tomorrow night for us and then 6 points clear with 4 games to go......frankly, the way we are playing and getting results and that makes it nigh on impossible for WHU to catch us.

Which is fine, unless we lose tomorrow. If that happens tonight's point for West Ham will be massive for them.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Apr 2012 18:48

MmmMonsterMunch
Platypuss
MmmMonsterMunch I would rather see us win tomorrow night than on Friday to be honest. Being 6 clear of WHU with 4 games left would be nice. I'm sure knowing they've dropped points again tonight will spur us on.

How do 3 points against Brighton put us further ahead of West Ham than 3 points against Southampton? :|

I didn't actually say that though did I? I just think a win tomorrow means less pressure on the Saints game. We can relax, play some football & hopefully get a point at St Marys. Where as if we lose, there is all of a sudden huge pressure to get something at St Marys.

But you assumed we would win at St Mary's. :|

Given a choice of 3 points in the next 2 games, only a moron would prefer it would come against BHA rather than Saints.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 09 Apr 2012 18:49

Avon Royal
Mr Angry At this stage of the season, home draws are little better than a defeat; if we draw our last 3 away games and win our last 2 home games, IF West Ham win their last 4 games, it will come down to GD...tonight was a nightmare for West Ham (even though they will see it as some sort of "victory" cos they were 3-1 down at ht) as it makes their job so much harder than it would have done (look at tonights table, then look at it with WHU having an extra 2 points from a win tonight.......).

A win tomorrow night for us and then 6 points clear with 4 games to go......frankly, the way we are playing and getting results and that makes it nigh on impossible for WHU to catch us.

Which is fine, unless we lose tomorrow. If that happens tonight's point for West Ham will be massive for them.

No, it won't.

Had they won, it would have been massive for them if we were to lose, but the fact is that even if we do lose, we will still be 3 points ahead of them with 4 to play.

Of course, you could turn around and worry that we are going to lose all of our remaining games; if that happened, we won't get automatic promotion, and you would be able to justify yourself.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 09 Apr 2012 19:01

4 points behind and I would have been laying out the party poppers.

I am nervous

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Apr 2012 19:04

Ok let me re-phrase:

Win tomorrow.....more likely to have positive result on Fri

Lose tomorrow....more likely to have negative result on Fri

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 09 Apr 2012 19:05

MmmMonsterMunch Ok let me re-phrase:

No

Shit

Sherlock

Thanks for the devastating insight. :|

"Hey, would you rather have 3 points on Tuesday, with the chance of 0, 1, or 3 on Friday, or would you rather have 0 on Tuesday, with the chance of 0, 1 or 3 on Friday?"

Not enough :| 's in the world......

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 09 Apr 2012 19:07

soggy biscuit 4 points behind and I would have been laying out the party poppers.

I am nervous

Me too

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Apr 2012 19:08

Mr Angry
Avon Royal

No, it won't.

Had they won, it would have been massive for them if we were to lose, but the fact is that even if we do lose, we will still be 3 points ahead of them with 4 to play.

Of course, you could turn around and worry that we are going to lose all of our remaining games; if that happened, we won't get automatic promotion, and you would be able to justify yourself.

I'm not saying that we will do anything, just pointing out that at this stage of the season a result can only be viewed in the context of the results of competing teams. If we lose tomorrow then West Ham's point tonight will be extremely valuable as it means that we would need to go to Southampton and get at least a point, otherwise West Ham could overtake us by winning their game in hand. Had West Ham lost tonight then Tomorrow would have been a "free game" for us.

I just know that there will be a whole host of people who are deriding West Ham's draw tonight and who will also be proclaiming that a draw for us tomorrow will be a good result.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Apr 2012 19:11

Platypuss

No

Shit

Sherlock

"Hey, would you rather have 3 points on Tuesday, with the chance of 0, 1, or 3 on Friday, or would you rather have 0 on Tuesday, with the chance of 0, 1 or 3 on Friday?"

You're a narky old git ain't ya?! :lol:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 09 Apr 2012 19:11

Avon Royal I just know that there will be a whole host of people who are deriding West Ham's draw tonight and who will also be proclaiming that a draw for us tomorrow will be a good result.

It would be. WHU would still need to make up 4 points on us, but with 1 game fewer.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 09 Apr 2012 19:12

MmmMonsterMunch
Platypuss

No

Shit

Sherlock

You're a narky old git ain't ya?! :lol:

Oi, less of the old. :wink:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Apr 2012 19:22

Platypuss
Avon Royal I just know that there will be a whole host of people who are deriding West Ham's draw tonight and who will also be proclaiming that a draw for us tomorrow will be a good result.

It would be. WHU would still need to make up 4 points on us, but with 1 game fewer.

I agree it would be, as would a draw on Friday. Just like a draw against an in-form Birmingham team was a good result for West Ham.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Apr 2012 19:32

Each game becomes more huge than the last - nature of the beast I guess. We in theory have 2 more 'tricky' hurdles to get over. If we did get 4 points from the next 2, I just can't see how the home fans wouldn't spur us on for a decent win in one of those 2 games against Forest/Palace and 7 points would more than likely do it.

At this moment in time I think promotion will be decided before the final game of the season.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Apr 2012 19:39

If we get 4 points from the next two games we will be in a very, very strong position.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Apr 2012 19:45

Big point that for West Ham. 2 slip ups out of 5 and that lets them in and with away games against Brighton, Southampton and Birmingham they have a sniff!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 09 Apr 2012 19:47

Shouldn't be greedy I suppose but with Birmingham 3-1 up at half-time I can't help but be disappointed that West Ham got a draw. Could have been worse mind you as thye were piling on the pressure by all accounts.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 09 Apr 2012 19:53

We'd have all be overjoyed with a draw before kick off. At the end of the day our boys know they can increase the gap with a win tomorrow. Come on URZ!

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 09 Apr 2012 20:01

Franchise FC
Vicky Pollard Birmingham showing how not to play out a 2 goal lead, completely dominated in the air were never gonna hold on. Is Zigic the slowest footballer ever? Not a bad result though. Point tomorrow and think we are still in good shape

Point tomorrow and we're in the same place, but with less games to go - I'll settle for that.

Amen to that.

305 posts