by paultheroyal » 01 Jun 2013 18:04

Bored of it all now.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Secret Footballer

by St. Brynjar » 02 Jun 2013 10:59

Ian Royal
St. Brynjar
ZacNaloen http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/12802/agents-stricken-by-delusions-of-grandeur-2/

This could be talking about anyone at the end of their contract really, but if secret footballer is Kitson he'll know a player of ours in a contract dispute who has turned down money in that region....

That's a great read. It has to be Pearce.

It fits, but it could be any number of players and clubs.

As long as that player plays for Stoke or Reading.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jun 2013 13:47

Rather unlikely to be Stoke seeing as a youth player who'd broken through and established themselves in a PL club could reasonably expect £15k - £25k, not £7k - £9k.

It's clearly a player at a Championship club.

Dawn

by Dawn » 03 Jun 2013 10:04

In a recent article TSF talks about slatting Lampard:

I remember getting carried away with myself years ago and having a go at Frank Lampard for something. The moment I stepped on to the pitch for the pre-match handshakes, I knew that I’d made a massive mistake. He looked me dead in the eye and gave me a rock-hard handshake.

Thereafter, I did my best to kick him and he did all he needed to do to make me look ordinary. As my career nose-dived, it became increasingly difficult to get anything out of Chelsea and so I did the only thing that I could do – I engaged him in some fairly unpleasant banter which, much to my surprise, he was equally adept at.

I said some things I shouldn’t have said because I can be a nasty bastard when the mood takes me and he told me some home truths. Many years later, we made our peace, which basically meant I had to get a reality check, grow up and stop hammering players who have achieved so much more than I have.

Kitson criticised Lampard after the 2006 World Cup
http://www.people.co.uk/archive/other/2006/08/13/exclusive-coward-lamps-93463-17554754/

scumbag

The Secret Footballer's new book..

by scumbag » 07 Nov 2013 13:10

I've been a long term reader of The Secret Footballer's online articles and i'm 99% sure it's our bargain that is Dave Kitson.
His second book came out yesterday and i've just been having my first flick through it and i'm quite suspicious over the last part of the chapter 'Charity begins at home' which details an account of a charity created at his club to keep the wives busy (Swings & Smiles?).
The story goes that the club's captain was in his testimonial year yet was being refused one by the chairman due to his opinion that footballer's already earnt enough (familiar?) and it's became clear to many of the players that there were dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes of the charity and he was profiting from it to compensate himself. TSF says this lead to the captain being ostracised and the team fell apart and it can all be pinpointed from this incident.

Could be absolute pie in the sky but it does connect, although i am not sure if this could be our capitulation in 2007/8 or latter of 2008/9?

I'm almost certain this hasn't cropped up before, so if you're in a bookstore have a glance over the second chapter as it's quite interesting albeit disconcerting.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Secret Footballer's new book..

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Nov 2013 13:14

Regardless of who he is, what he has said is accusing someone of illegal actions, so I guess he must of good evidence to back up his claim or he could end up getting sued.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 Nov 2013 13:17

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Nov 2013 13:19

Dave 'Do You Know Who I Am' Kitson. Arch-hypocrite who used to be a reasonably good footballer. I won't be buying his book.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Nov 2013 13:44

Swings & Smiles wasn't the clubs or WAGS charity it's an independant charity that I think the Murty's supported.

I'd be surprised if Murty was skimming money from the WAGS charitable work, but like WR says, it's quite a claim to put in writing if there's nothing to back it up, unless the defence is that he hasn't said he was doing it just that there was a rumour he was and it led to a big fall out.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 07 Nov 2013 14:12

scumbag I've been a long term reader of The Secret Footballer's online articles and i'm 99% sure it's our bargain that is Dave Kitson.
His second book came out yesterday and i've just been having my first flick through it and i'm quite suspicious over the last part of the chapter 'Charity begins at home' which details an account of a charity created at his club to keep the wives busy (Swings & Smiles?).
The story goes that the club's captain was in his testimonial year yet was being refused one by the chairman due to his opinion that footballer's already earnt enough (familiar?) and it's became clear to many of the players that there were dodgy dealings going on behind the scenes of the charity and he was profiting from it to compensate himself. TSF says this lead to the captain being ostracised and the team fell apart and it can all be pinpointed from this incident.

Could be absolute pie in the sky but it does connect, although i am not sure if this could be our capitulation in 2007/8 or latter of 2008/9?

I'm almost certain this hasn't cropped up before, so if you're in a bookstore have a glance over the second chapter as it's quite interesting albeit disconcerting.

Not the first time Kitson has dished dirt on Murty either!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 07 Nov 2013 14:23

Hoop Blah Swings & Smiles wasn't the clubs or WAGS charity it's an independant charity that I think the Murty's supported.

I'd be surprised if Murty was skimming money from the WAGS charitable work, but like WR says, it's quite a claim to put in writing if there's nothing to back it up, unless the defence is that he hasn't said he was doing it just that there was a rumour he was and it led to a big fall out.

The wording must have been put by a lawyer before being published.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 07 Nov 2013 14:28

Wycombe Royal Regardless of who he is, what he has said is accusing someone of illegal actions, so I guess he must of good evidence to back up his claim or he could end up getting sued.
Sued by who? If he named someone they would have to sue to clear their name, As he hasn't named anyone to sue would be to dirty their name by going public in your belief that the secret footballer is referring to you and you would have to prove it, Why would you want to do that when mud sticks? - better to just assume that he's on about someone else.

I imagine the book could be passed off as fiction, the argument in court being that it's written by a fictional character.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 07 Nov 2013 14:31

SPARTA
scumbag I've been a long term reader of The Secret Footballer's online articles and i'm 99% sure it's our bargain that is Dave Kitson.

Say more ...

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 07 Nov 2013 14:31

floyd__streete I won't be buying his book.

I won't be buying your book.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 07 Nov 2013 14:39

Royalwaster
SPARTA

Say more ...

Comments in the previous book. Murty and his ego caused all sorts of rifts in the dressing room, lost all respect for him in our Premier League relegation season. Can't recall what about now, but the team needed to be united (bonus' I think) and Murty wasn't. He was all about himself and the spotlight being on him. They may have refused to take part in a team photo or photos in a new strip because of this, but Murts went ahead and took part anyway, when they were all looking to him to back them up. The picture is out there as well, Murts looking all smug with his hands behind his back in the new strip... alone!

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 07 Nov 2013 14:44

We should be careful, unlike The Secret Footballer's book, this board isn't proof read by a team of lawyers to prevent us being sued. If the Secret Footballer hasn't mentioned the name of the club/chairman etc then we shouldn't, particularly as we have zero chance of proving anything ourselves, unlike the Secret Footballer who has his own testimony and possibly that of others.

Does he go into any further details? - I can imagine for a testimonial the chairman of the unnamed club may have been keen to 100% cover the costs for stewarding, ground hire, player insurance premiums, stadium electricity and usage etc. That doesn't mean he was ripping the charity off so much as not subsidising them one penny.

On a separate note, I did question once challenge STAR on their donations they were making towards the Reading FC academy/youth side tour to somewhere like Sweden and other such like footballing activities they donated to, Things in my opinion the club should be covering their selves, Instead of STAR to donating £1k here and there to top up the academy budgets, I think Hammond was the Academy director at the time and the purse strings were tight. Now, I mention this as it could be miss-interpreted as Reading FC ripping off STAR, However this was clearly not the case as the cash collected from the hard working STAR members was donated freely by the STAR board to this cause, which is a STAR matter and one for the STAR members to take up with the STAR board if they have any issues.... Now I'm only mentioning this unrelated matter as an example of a donation from a charity to a football club which could be miss-interpreted and perhaps, something similar occurred with the unnamed football club the unnamed footballer was referring to in his named book?

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 07 Nov 2013 14:46

SPARTA Murty wasn't. He was all about himself and the spotlight being on him.
He was the Jason Roberts of the time, Always popping up on MOTD and had the Murty radio show on local radio IIRC.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 07 Nov 2013 15:31

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/07/the-secret-footballer-san-siro-fabio-capello

It's like The Secret Dave Kitson isn't even trying to hide his identity any more

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Nov 2013 15:34

Ouroboros
floyd__streete I won't be buying his book.

I won't be buying your book.

8)

And nor will anyone else.....because it contains compromising pictures of YOUR MUM.....and everyone has already seen them for themselves anyway.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Nov 2013 16:35

Royal Biscuitman
Wycombe Royal Regardless of who he is, what he has said is accusing someone of illegal actions, so I guess he must of good evidence to back up his claim or he could end up getting sued.
Sued by who? If he named someone they would have to sue to clear their name, As he hasn't named anyone to sue would be to dirty their name by going public in your belief that the secret footballer is referring to you and you would have to prove it, Why would you want to do that when mud sticks? - better to just assume that he's on about someone else.

I imagine the book could be passed off as fiction, the argument in court being that it's written by a fictional character.

You'd have to find out who he was before you sued him as well, although to be fair you could sue the publisher.

398 posts