Those Fake Hoops...

896 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Those Fake Hoops...

by LoyalRoyalFan » 01 Oct 2012 22:30

.... are bottom despite all that money being splashed on seemingly useless players.

Should have bought a few more fans while they were at it. Loftus Road looked empty as usual :lol:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Those Fake Hoops...

by Jackson Corner » 02 Oct 2012 02:59

Rednapp is being lined up for the job. Hughes will be out by November. I couldn't believe the number of empty seats for a London derby? Maybe Tredder can explain? Not sure how they expect to fill there new 40,000 seater stadium.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 02 Oct 2012 06:01

HA-HA-HA!!! :lol:

I don't know who I dislike more right now, them or Wet Sham... :wink:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Oct 2012 09:08

At least Julio Cesar knows he's safe until january 1st when the window opens

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 02 Oct 2012 10:39

Quarter Pound of Rubbish

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 02 Oct 2012 11:03

Silver Fox At least Julio Cesar knows he's safe until january 1st when the window opens

he'd better watch his back on 15 March.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 02 Oct 2012 11:05

I dislike QPR as much as anyone over 5'8" who's ever visited Loftus Road, but given the particular glass house we're in at the moment, I'm inclined to husband my cache of stones rather more carefully.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 02 Oct 2012 11:07

+1, I think they'll be OK.

But I was "cheering" West Ham last night. Just to keep us off the bottom.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 02 Oct 2012 11:08

This fake hoop business is definitely the gayest thing ever.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Oct 2012 11:56

Bandini I dislike QPR as much as anyone over 5'8" who's ever visited Loftus Road, but given the particular glass house we're in at the moment, I'm inclined to husband my cache of stones rather more carefully.

Well quite. Although we could always play the "at least we haven't spent as much and as badly" card. And we'd get more than 17,300 attendence for a home game against West Ham, even on a Monday night.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 02 Oct 2012 12:08

Jeez, the capacity is just over 18k and West Ham didn't sell their allocation and there were a few seats missing in the corner..etc..etc..

As for going down, i will happily wage any money on here with anyone, to say we don't, when MH finally addresses the fact that JS Park is not a captain, and we've sold enough shirts on the back of his marketing, then we'll be ok.

Clint Hill at left back, shoeshine in the 11, Park captain, Onohua in the 11, sort that out and we'll be fine, i just can't see why you'd have Hoilett and Adel on the bench, but hey ho, it was a defeat and WBA away is not going to be fun, but after Everton, we've got a series of easier games, so fingers crossed.

The tragic thing for you lot, although you think 1 relegation spot has been taken, that still leaves another 2.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Oct 2012 12:55

for Norwich and Southampton

Serious question tredds, do you think MH will be around long enough to sort the issues you mention out?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 02 Oct 2012 12:58

As hilarious as it would be, I just can't see QPR going down once they give that miserable cunt Hughes the tin tac. There's a decent team in amongst the squad they've thrown together

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Oct 2012 13:00

I really dont think Reading fans are well placed to be having a pop at other teams support.

As for their transfer dealings, signing a load of players who are over the hill is never the way to go. By taking on such a huge wage bill QPR have everything to lose and very little to gain. Clubs that operate like that are destined to fail if you ask me.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 02 Oct 2012 13:21

We've built a squad, Nelson hasn't been given a long contract. Zamora, Bosingwa, Cisse and Park are marginally over 30, is it mandatory to be deemed OTT at 30?

We've added Mbia, Diakite, Hoilett, Granero, all under 30, if you get relegated with a squad that includes Mbia, Cesar, Granero, Taarabt, Hoilett, Cisse, Zamora, Bosingwa, Faurlin and Traore, then you deserve to be labelled a shit manager, the majority of the fans have been calling for a quality CB for about a year, you will never survive with the likes of Ferdinand, Onuoha, Hill and to a degree, Fabio.

MH will be given time, we're playing some good football, but you can't concede 2 goals a game and expect to pick up points, another worrying stat is the away record under Hughes, we've gained a massive 2 points from a possible 36, now that is simply unacceptable.

I don't think he'll be sacked for a while, and the international break comes at a good time for him, but more results like last night will see the end of MH and hello HR

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 02 Oct 2012 13:30

Ideal Who wants to see a load of overrated mercenaries past their prime anyway? :D

Fulham seem to do pretty well with this. Although, you're right, it wouldn't be massively appealing to see players taking massive wages for old reputations.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 02 Oct 2012 13:32

Tredder Jeez, the capacity is just over 18k and West Ham didn't sell their allocation and there were a few seats missing in the corner..etc..etc..

I'm sure qpr would be able to attract a bigger crowd if they get a decent new stadium, but 40k seems a bit ambitious.
Think a lot of the part-timers & tourists are not willing to pay out their prices to squeeze into their sh*t facilities - we hate doing it once (twice) a season!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Oct 2012 13:33

No Fixed Abode This fake hoop business is definitely the gayest thing ever.

On a par with Wet Sham or Man Ure

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Oct 2012 13:40

Tredder We've built a squad, Nelson hasn't been given a long contract. Zamora, Bosingwa, Cisse and Park are marginally over 30, is it mandatory to be deemed OTT at 30?

Of course its not, Inter won the CL with players mostly over 30. Difference was that they were all playing at their peak. QPR have signed players who are well past their peak and, to put it simply, are getting worse as players. A lot of whom have a terrible track record with injuries. IMO, a squad built like that is looking at lower mid table as a best case scenario. Whilst relegation would be an utter disaster. Not to mention what might happen if Fernandez's suddenly finds himself not being as rich as he once was, or has been involved in dodgy business (and there are plenty of examples of that.)

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 02 Oct 2012 14:33

I've always wondered about Hughes's credentials. He did better than most managers with Wales for a bit, yes. At Blackburn, he showed he was a competent manager, no more. Difficult to assess his achievements at City: Mancini has done better with the same resources. Hughes showed at City that he is capable of bad buys. He didn't do great at Fulham--just about competent again; Hodgson did better there. He failed to reverse things much at QPR last year.

I raised my eyebrow when he said at the end of the season, to drive home that the relegation struggle was not his fault: "This won't happen again". But he had already made errors of judgement: dropping Helguson was one, I thought. Surely Helguson would have done him more good than Cissé.

896 posts