Leeds a Cup Final game?

Pearcehegone

Leeds a Cup Final game?

by Pearcehegone » 05 Jul 2013 19:24

So I just stumbled across this Leeds article. It's about.... well... themselves. Now when push comes to shove we will all obviously have a biast outlook of our beloved team, but I really could'nt help but laugh out loud having read what Leeds Utd fans think of themselves.

Anyway, not that I or you really much care about Leeds but, for a giggle have a read of some of these qoutes!!

"as long as he’s fully aware of one vital fact. Everyone raises their game against Leeds United. We are everyone’s Cup Final"

"When the fixtures come out, fans of every other club in the league dive to examine the list, looking for one game: Leeds at home. Those fans will leave their club and team in no doubt in the weeks and days leading up to their Cup Final – we must beat Leeds, or die trying"

"We’re the scalp they all want, the potential feather in everyone’s cap"

"The advantage the other clubs will have is they’ll only face two Cup Finals in the season, maybe a couple more for those with local rivalries. But for the other clubs, Leeds is The One"

http://www.weallloveleeds.co.uk/20/post ... inals.html

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Leeds a Cup Final game?

by Clyde1998 » 05 Jul 2013 19:40

I looked at when we play Brighton and Bournemouth, who we play first, who we play last and who we play around Christmas when the fixtures came out.

Leeds are such a massive club :roll:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 Jul 2013 19:48

25,000 the 12th man When was the last time they averaged that over a season?

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 05 Jul 2013 20:24

Please tell him somebody is one a wind up?

Leeds are a nothing club these days, signing our unwanted players.

In fact the only reason I looked for Leeds (H) was because of Brian McDermott. Still have looked when we play them at Elland Road.

And i thought some of our fans were bell*nds.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 05 Jul 2013 20:33

You'd think it would eventually dawn on them that the reason everyone seems to raise their game against them is that since they got back into the champ they are at best contenders for the last 2 play-off spots.

That plus their style of play (dirty Leeds) making them the team everyone loves to hate would be my guess as to why fans want/expect their team to beat them

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 05 Jul 2013 20:38

I think people will be more up for a match v Leeds than Barnsley or Preston, but beyond that they aren't really any more "mouth-watering" than games against a host of once-big championship clubs.

Still, every club has their idiot supporters.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Jul 2013 20:44

Preston have claim to be a mmassive club :roll:

I first looked for Yeovil and Bournemouth.

I see QPR, Forest, Leicester, Watford, Brighton etc etc as cup finals before them.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 05 Jul 2013 21:47

We should be looking for 6 points from them. Just another day at the office.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 05 Jul 2013 21:50

I pity the few of them that are still living on past glories. It must be pretty shit knowing your club has been on a downward spiral for years. They are a bit of a joke to be honest, but they have been pillaged by poor ownership and management so you cannot blame the few on trying to hang on to what they once had. It must be soul destroying living in Leeds. Past glories is all they have.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Jul 2013 21:55

(historically) big club (stagnating) ≠ better club.

We are growing. In most ways we have surpassed them in recent years.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 05 Jul 2013 22:18

There is some small irony in this topic having it's own thread.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Jul 2013 22:31

Welcome to Leeds!

How deluded can they get. It's 'only the Championship' yet Leeds are now regarded as an 'also ran'.

There are much bigger games and opponents that I am looking forward to next season.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 05 Jul 2013 23:27

Those w@nkers really do think a lot of themselves. We've finished about them for 9 seasons in a row, and will make it 10 next season. Sleeping giant? My arse are they! It's sweet they think so much of themselves though. Apparently they're going to take over our ground 'again'.. even though they'll only get the usual 2,100. And just like their last visit, they'll largely be heads down and quite as mice on their way out of the ground. Every club has its dickheads, but Leeds just seem to have a whole cities worth!

Bigger games than Leeds that already spring to mind are:

QPR
Wigan
Brighton
Blackburn
Bolton
Watford
Forest

Leeds will do well to be around the play-offs and ultimately finish 8th/9th.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 06 Jul 2013 00:23

One8Seven1 Every club has its dickheads

Refreshingly self-awareness.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Jul 2013 00:54

For all the Grade A twats who have rubbished McDermott, losing to Leeds would be losing their cup final.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 06 Jul 2013 02:11

Rev Algenon Stickleback H I think people will be more up for a match v Leeds than Barnsley or Preston, but beyond that they aren't really any more "mouth-watering" than games against a host of once-big championship clubs.

Still, every club has their idiot supporters.

^^^this

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 06 Jul 2013 02:27

Wigan are a bigger club than Leeds nowadays

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 06 Jul 2013 07:33

Honest question, do you think fans of other clubs look out for the matches against Reading when the fixtures are released?

I still see us as little old Reading, but the reality is that we are an ex-prem team, and twice former champions of this division in recent years, so we must be somewhat of an attractive draw by now?

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 06 Jul 2013 08:25

Royal Prince Honest question, do you think fans of other clubs look out for the matches against Reading when the fixtures are released?

I still see us as little old Reading, but the reality is that we are an ex-prem team, and twice former champions of this division in recent years, so we must be somewhat of an attractive draw by now?

Particularly if the Adkins brand of football matches the pre season hype and if we continue to develop the team.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 06 Jul 2013 09:24

Not really getting the justification for the Leeds hate on this thread. There's no doubt they're the biggest club in the division, their fans know it, we know it, yeah they're a bit deluded thinking that all every other clubs fans look out for is the games against them (maybe in League 1 but truth be told I'm much more excited about playing Yeovil and Bournemouth) but that's what happens when you support a larger club - you get an overinflated opinion of yourself.