Jimmy Kebe

830 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Jimmy Kebe

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2013 11:13

Boulogne-sur-Mer midfielder Jimmy Kebe has gone on strike in a bid to force his side to let him join Reading.

The 24-year-old French-Malian is under contract with Lens until the end of the season and was loaned for a year to Ligue 2 side Boulogne-sur-Mer in the summer.

Kebe is in a real purple patch, having scored five goals in 16 appearances, and has been offered the chance to join Reading before the transfer window closes.

The player has revealed that Lens and Steve Coppell’s club have reached an agreement but Boulogne have ruled out the transfer.

He refused to play at the weekend against Montpellier and is insistent on joining Reading.

“Reading could wait until the end of the season to sign me for free, but they have agreed a fee with Lens, which means that they really want me,” he told RMC.

“On the financial aspect, I can’t refuse a move there. It’s a great chance. I am only under contract until the end of the season so if I am injured, I haven’t anything left.

“I have refused to play, I stay at home waiting for a solution. I have discussed with Boulogne. My future is not there, but they don’t agree for the moment.

“I am prepared for a dispute with them in order to join Reading. It is the chance of my life.”Boulogne-sur-Mer midfielder Jimmy Kebe has gone on strike in a bid to force his side to let him join Reading.

The 24-year-old French-Malian is under contract with Lens until the end of the season and was loaned for a year to Ligue 2 side Boulogne-sur-Mer in the summer.

Kebe is in a real purple patch, having scored five goals in 16 appearances, and has been offered the chance to join Reading before the transfer window closes.

The player has revealed that Lens and Steve Coppell’s club have reached an agreement but Boulogne have ruled out the transfer.

He refused to play at the weekend against Montpellier and is insistent on joining Reading.

“Reading could wait until the end of the season to sign me for free, but they have agreed a fee with Lens, which means that they really want me,” he told RMC.

“On the financial aspect, I can’t refuse a move there. It’s a great chance. I am only under contract until the end of the season so if I am injured, I haven’t anything left.

“I have refused to play, I stay at home waiting for a solution. I have discussed with Boulogne. My future is not there, but they don’t agree for the moment.

“I am prepared for a dispute with them in order to join Reading. It is the chance of my life.”

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71008&start=140

This from a player who now insists that he would never refuse to play or train! :twisted:

Some interesting views here too:

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=110446

tjmill

by tjmill » 29 Aug 2013 12:13

Don't think we will miss Kebe. He's injury prone and way past his best years. As long as we replace with younger up and coming player it's a good deal imo

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 29 Aug 2013 12:18

I think this talk about how we went on strike before is a bit over the top. Reading wanted to buy him, Lens wanted to sell him and had agreed a fee, Jimmy wanted to come - it was just a ridiculous attempt by Boulougne to force him to spend a year on loan there until his contract at Lens expired. Its not the same as demanding a move from a parent club.

Never heard any criticism of Sidwell or Cummings for walking out on loan spells to join us.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2013 12:39

Has the bald bambi prima dona left yet?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Aug 2013 13:33

There's a new story in Reading Chronicle (at 1pm today) apparently:
'EXCLUSIVE - Reading FC's Kebe reveals real reason behind Posh no-show'
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footba ... ip/Reading

Can't seem to be able to access the story at the moment though. :x

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Aug 2013 13:53

P!ssed Off There's a new story in Reading Chronicle (at 1pm today) apparently:

Is it because he's a spineless purple headed yoghurt tosser?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 29 Aug 2013 14:00

Royalee
P!ssed Off There's a new story in Reading Chronicle (at 1pm today) apparently:

Is it because he's a spineless purple headed yoghurt tosser?

Ever heard of a comma?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Aug 2013 14:05

I feel sorry for Jimmy I really do. I feel like he said he is being made a scapegoat.

However I do also feel his best years are behind him and therefore he should be sold whilst his stock is high.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Aug 2013 14:06

Reading4eva I feel sorry for Jimmy I really do. I feel like he said he is being made a scapegoat.

However I do also feel his best years are behind him and therefore he should be sold whilst his stock is high.

*escape goat

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 29 Aug 2013 14:10

Pepe the Horseman Wrote: "escape goat

Feed the goat and he will score!!
Last edited by The Real Sandhurst Royal on 29 Aug 2013 14:11, edited 2 times in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Aug 2013 14:10

You spelt my name wrong.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 29 Aug 2013 14:12

corrected!!

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Aug 2013 14:19

Pepe the Horseman
Reading4eva I feel sorry for Jimmy I really do. I feel like he said he is being made a scapegoat.

*escape goat

No your wrong its Scapegoat.

You Plonker!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Aug 2013 14:27

Z175 I think this talk about how we went on strike before is a bit over the top. Reading wanted to buy him, Lens wanted to sell him and had agreed a fee, Jimmy wanted to come - it was just a ridiculous attempt by Boulougne to force him to spend a year on loan there until his contract at Lens expired. Its not the same as demanding a move from a parent club.

Never heard any criticism of Sidwell or Cummings for walking out on loan spells to join us.

Do you think that's because neither of them went on strike to be released from what ever contract it was their loan club had with their parent club?

What he did was wrong, but understandable to an extent. It's just another example of a modern day footballer not wanting to honour a contract they willingly signed up to and throwing their toys out when someone tries to make them stick to it.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 29 Aug 2013 14:35

Reading4eva
Pepe the Horseman

*escape goat

You Plonker!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 29 Aug 2013 14:42

Reading4eva
Pepe the Horseman

*escape goat

You Plonker!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 29 Aug 2013 14:46

Sky Sports News reporting that Holloway has said in today's presser that he's 'hopeful' of completing the Kebe deal :cry:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 29 Aug 2013 14:50

Wimb Sky Sports News reporting that Holloway has said in today's presser that he's 'hopeful' of completing the Kebe deal :cry:

At least he's only in for the Kebe

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 29 Aug 2013 14:54

Wimb Sky Sports News reporting that Holloway has said in today's presser that he's 'hopeful' of completing the Kebe deal :cry:

Good ...

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Aug 2013 14:59

The Reading Chronicle is reporting this on its website...

JIMMY Kebe has accused Reading FC of making him a scapegoat for their worst defeat in 14 years.

Jimmy Kebe's future at Reading FC looks uncertain.

Royals put in a terrible performance to lose 6-0 to Peterborough United in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday evening.
Kebe played no part in the match despite reportedly being fit and available.

And manager Nigel Adkins said afterwards: "Jimmy was told on Friday that he was playing. He trained well on Saturday morning and left the training ground fully fit.

"The next thing at half past eight on Monday morning he declared himself unfit. Read into that what you want."

Adkins' comments sparked rumours that the winger had refused to play amidst interest from Crystal Palace, but he told the Chronicle that is completely untrue.
"The fans say Jimmy Kebe refused to play and this sort of thing but I would never do that. I've been at Reading for six years and never have I refused to play. Why would I now?," he said.

"It wasn't a good game for Reading and I feel they need to make somebody guilty for this result and maybe that's me."

Palace are believed to have made a bid for Kebe and he confirmed his long-term future remains uncertain, saying: "There is interest from clubs but I'm here at Reading. The manager knows the situation, we will see."

830 posts