Jimmy Kebe

830 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Jimmy Kebe

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2013 13:35

On his day, sadly too few and far between, he was a real gamechanger.

However, there is nothing more frustrating than having an exceptionally talented player who you can never really rely on to be available and who has a tendency to go missing (either in games themselves or through incredibly long spells of 'injury'/recovery) when times get tough.

The way he appeared to repeat his conduct at Bolougne by making himself unavailable through a claimed 'injury' when news recently broke of other club(s)' interest was disgraceful and, IMO, displayed contempt towards club, manager, teammates and supporters.

I can't remember when I last booed a former player on their return to play RFC (probably the FSB) but, given his conduct over this transfer, Kebe is likely to be the next.

At this moment in time good riddance to him. Much rather have someone slightly less talented who is reliable, committed and generally remains injury free (and recovers in normal timescales when he is).

As for Palace, I suspect their physio is going to be pretty busy and will get to know Kebe and his 'injuries' really well. It will be fitting if Kebe starts off in the same manner as he did with us - unable to play at the first opportunity due to a hamstring injury.

I wonder how Kebe will take to Olly's style of management.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 30 Aug 2013 13:36

floyd__streete
bigmike Shame that the odd moment of genius was vastly outnumbered by moments of sheer shitness.

In his own way, Jimmy Kebe was the Hob Nob Anyone of footballers.

We'd have built the team around him on AE

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Aug 2013 13:37

RoyalBlue At this moment in time good riddance to him. Much rather have someone slightly less talented who is reliable, committed and generally remains injury free (and recovers in normal timescales when he is).

Aah Jobi <3

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Aug 2013 13:42

£2 million apparently.

Hammond with another masterstroke.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 30 Aug 2013 13:44

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 30 Aug 2013 13:49

I wonder what CP fans make of this. I'd be excited if he wasn't so very injury prone.

Not bothered how much we got for him because we sure as fukk won't spend it on players.

Would have preferred to keep him tbh.

royal67

by royal67 » 30 Aug 2013 13:52

genome £2 million apparently.

Really?! Where have you seen that figure quoted? Good money if true.....

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 30 Aug 2013 13:59

Jimmy Kebe is a Reading FC legend and deserves to be remembered as such.

Over the past couple of seasons, Kebe transformed himself from something of a mercurial talent into a solid, reliable performer who gave his all for the team. As has been mentioned before in this thread, he did a fantastic job defensively in the Premier League covering for a right-back who may as well not have bothered turning up to most of our games.

The socks incident got right up the noses of West Ham fans, and for that alone his name should be immortalised.

He'll be back in the Championship next year but I do hope that he is given the freedom to excel for Palace in their Premier League supernova this season.

We move on.
Last edited by JimmytheJim on 30 Aug 2013 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Aug 2013 13:59

royal67
genome £2 million apparently.

Really?! Where have you seen that figure quoted? Good money if true.....

On SSN, mentioned by the pcunt with the massive iPad

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2013 14:10

bigmike
Shame that the odd moment of genius was vastly outnumbered by moments of sheer shitness.

Clolueloless.

He was consistently one of our best players for the past 3.5 seasons and hasn't had a run of bad games since the Rodgers era.

This is a big blow to our hopes of automatic promotion IMO, we're going to have to depend more on McCleary who has so far been inconsistent.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 30 Aug 2013 14:10

JimmytheJim Jimmy Kebe is a Reading FC legend and deserves to be remembered as such.

Over the past couple of seasons, Kebe transformed himself from something of a mercurial talent into a solid, reliable performer who gave his all for the team. As has been mentioned before in this thread, he did a fantastic job defensively in the Premier League covering for a right-back who may as well not have bothered turning up to most of our games.

The socks incident got right up the noses of West Ham fans, and for that alone his name should be immortalised.

He'll be back in the Championship next year but I do hope that he is given the freedom to excel for Palace in their Premier League supernova this season.

We move on.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 30 Aug 2013 14:12

Best player we've had for the last 6 or so years. Could have left multiple times but stayed. If the rumours of loyalty to Brian are true then that's utterly commendable and a quality you don't see from professional footballers very often. For sockgate, Newcastlegate and so many matchwinning performances we at least owe him the courtesy of a thank you. Good luck to a great player who is taking his last chance at playing at the highest level.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 30 Aug 2013 14:14

SCIAG
bigmike
Shame that the odd moment of genius was vastly outnumbered by moments of sheer shitness.

Clolueloless.

He was consistently one of our best players for the past 3.5 seasons and hasn't had a run of bad games since the Rodgers era.

This is a big blow to our hopes of automatic promotion IMO, we're going to have to depend more on McCleary who has so far been inconsistent.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 30 Aug 2013 14:16

Meh.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Aug 2013 14:23

SCIAG He was consistently one of our best players for the past 3.5 seasons and hasn't had a run of bad games since the Rodgers era.

He's potentially been one of our best players, but to suggest he's not had a run of bad games under McDermott is a bit far fetched. Whenever he came back from injury he was poor, and despite his much improved defending last season his reluctance to actually ran at and go past defenders for runs of games made him half the player he should've been.

As for being a blow for our promotion chances I disagree on that. Shifting out Kebe should free up funds to make further improvements and bring in players more suited to Adkins style. I think that will ultimately make us stronger.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 30 Aug 2013 14:26

St. Brynjar Best player we've had for the last 6 or so years. Could have left multiple times but stayed. If the rumours of loyalty to Brian are true then that's utterly commendable and a quality you don't see from professional footballers very often. For sockgate, Newcastlegate and so many matchwinning performances we at least owe him the courtesy of a thank you. Good luck to a great player who is taking his last chance at playing at the highest level.

Well said. Seems we are too ready to criticise when players that have given their all want to better their prospects. Because he is a flying winger he is more prone to injury as much of his game depends his speed. Not sure why Jimmy is being targeted. We didnt target Long, Doyle or Siggy. If he goes accept it gracefully I say

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 30 Aug 2013 14:32

Bet Crystal Palace get a full set of Meerkat toys when they take out his injury insurance policy.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 30 Aug 2013 14:37

Played a lot of games for someone who is supposedly injured all the time.

Bad day, one of the very few Reading players that got me out of my seat. :cry:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 30 Aug 2013 14:42

Kebe has refused to play for the club since March as his friend McDermott got sacked

Them the truths

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2013 14:46

Hoop Blah As for being a blow for our promotion chances I disagree on that. Shifting out Kebe should free up funds to make further improvements and bring in players more suited to Adkins style. I think that will ultimately make us stronger.

Players as good as Kebe don't come along every day of the week.

I don't buy the "not suited to Adkins' style" line for one second. I reckon Adkins would have taken him ahead of any of the right wingers he had at Southampton.

830 posts