Jimmy Kebe

830 posts
sawyers left arm

Re: Jimmy Kebe

by sawyers left arm » 28 Aug 2013 12:59

I don't think he is the most over rated player ever for me that was Stephen Hunt, pure crap IMHO but Kebe isn't far behind. The guy was plucked from the 2nd tier of French football and I have never rated him. If he leaves I will be cheering from the roof tops as Mccleary is a much better player, at least he tries every game.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2013 13:01

sawyers left arm I don't think he is the most over rated player ever for me that was Stephen Hunt, pure crap IMHO but Kebe isn't far behind. The guy was plucked from the 2nd tier of French football and I have never rated him. If he leaves I will be cheering from the roof tops as Mccleary is a much better player, at least he tries every game.

Talking of overrated players...

royalrumble
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by royalrumble » 28 Aug 2013 13:06

Maguire He's a proper outlet for teams under pressure, able to carry the ball long distances very quickly.

and then trip/fall over the ball or slice it into the stands 9 time out of 10, for the games I can remember him playing in

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 28 Aug 2013 13:09

People are idiots.

Kebe has been our stand out player for many, many games. As Mags said, his ability to carry the ball long distances and turn defence into attack was so valuable in most of the big games/perfromances we have played/had over the last 3-4 years.

Hunt was our best player for 1.5 seasons out of 2 when we were in the Prem the time before last.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 28 Aug 2013 13:13

Jimmy Kebe is class, no doubt.
If he was fit for more of last season, we would have accumulated more points.
He's a bit like Arjen Robben in that his body just isn't up to a full season in the English leagues.
So the manager needs to accept this and find a solution. Not publicly brand the player as a sick-note. Kebe knows his body better than the medical team. Following an examination, the medic reports to Adkins that Kebe's fit, while Kebe reports back saying he's not fit. Knowing how arrogant medics are, he probably didn't even ask Kebe how the injury felt, jus thought he knew better.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Aug 2013 13:15

If he was a horse he would have been put down by now.

royalrumble
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by royalrumble » 28 Aug 2013 13:23

The Rouge People are idiots.

Kebe has been our stand out player for many, many games. As Mags said, his ability to carry the ball long distances and turn defence into attack was so valuable in most of the big games/perfromances we have played/had over the last 3-4 years.

Hunt was our best player for 1.5 seasons out of 2 when we were in the Prem the time before last.

Many games means about 5-10 a season - and that isn't good enough - I would much rather see a player put in a good performance every game rather when it suited him - even if he doesn't have the same ability as Jimmy .

Great player on his terms not ours

Let him sulk on someone else's Bench - and use the money to buy a winger who will try against all teams in all Leagues !!

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 28 Aug 2013 13:42

Looks like Palace are now talking to Benayoun so could be a bit interesting if they've lost interest in Kebe and he is left here - wonder what will happen then

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2013 13:46

marcusopp ....Kebe knows his body better than the medical team. Following an examination, the medic reports to Adkins that Kebe's fit, while Kebe reports back saying he's not fit. Knowing how arrogant medics are, he probably didn't even ask Kebe how the injury felt, jus thought he knew better.

You do realise that at the weekend Kebe phoned into BBCRB to tell them he was fit and ready to play?

48 hours later he let the club know he wasn't fit enough for last nights game.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2013 13:51

Haven't you all "let it go" yet?

Royals1871J

by Royals1871J » 28 Aug 2013 14:06

The Rouge People are idiots.

I don't think he has played 'many many games'. About a total of 2.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 28 Aug 2013 14:15

sandman
sawyers left arm I don't think he is the most over rated player ever for me that was Stephen Hunt, pure crap IMHO but Kebe isn't far behind. The guy was plucked from the 2nd tier of French football and I have never rated him. If he leaves I will be cheering from the roof tops as Mccleary is a much better player, at least he tries every game.

Lol kebe and alf are the 2 most overrated players by a country mile

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 28 Aug 2013 14:16

royalrumble
Maguire He's a proper outlet for teams under pressure, able to carry the ball long distances very quickly.

and then trip/fall over the ball or slice it into the stands 9 time out of 10, for the games I can remember him playing in
Exactly the same qualities that made Michael Gilkes a Royals Legend.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2013 14:17

URZZZZZ
sandman

Lol kebe and alf are the 2 most overrated players by a country mile

Closely followed by McCleary and Mariappa.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 28 Aug 2013 14:18

Then Pearce and jobi

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2013 14:21

URZZZZZ Then Pearce and jobi

No, this is overrated, not underrated.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 28 Aug 2013 14:29

Seriously tho if I was adkins I would have had jimmy in at the crack of dawn with everyone else who played last night and they would have been on the training ground till dark. Going over the same thing agai and again

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 28 Aug 2013 14:30

Oh and Pearce is massively overrated

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Aug 2013 14:33

marcusopp Jimmy Kebe is class, no doubt.
If he was fit for more of last season, we would have accumulated more points.
He's a bit like Arjen Robben in that his body just isn't up to a full season in the English leagues.
So the manager needs to accept this and find a solution. Not publicly brand the player as a sick-note. Kebe knows his body better than the medical team. Following an examination, the medic reports to Adkins that Kebe's fit, while Kebe reports back saying he's not fit. Knowing how arrogant medics are, he probably didn't even ask Kebe how the injury felt, jus thought he knew better.

Sorry but that is nonsense. Do you realise just how shyte hot sports science and medicine are nowadays?! I have no doubt that Kebe was fit to play but is back to his old tricks trying to force the club's hands. It didn't need Adkins to publically brand him as a sick-note - the evidence is there for all to see and has been for a couple of seasons. In my view Kebe is a player whose mind takes a lot longer to heal than any physical injuries. That is particularly the case when he and/or the team are under pressure.

The club should demonstrate that they are not prepared to let him call the shots and hammer him for his conduct over the past week. They could start off with the phone in to BBCRB, which I am sure would not have been an approved/authorised interview and response.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2013 14:33

Yeah but Jobi isn't.

830 posts