Jimmy Kebe

830 posts
The Goat was fed

Re: Jimmy Kebe

by The Goat was fed » 28 Aug 2013 14:58

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23865006

Kebe: "I've been fit for two weeks and the manager hasn't played me."

If he's fit, he plays. This is all the ammo I need to start an Adkins out chant at an inexplicably early stage of this season. Failure to man-manage someone like Kebe says to me that Royston Drenthe will be heading elsewhere in January following a Friday night incident in Zorbas.

Royals1871J

by Royals1871J » 28 Aug 2013 15:01

The Goat was fed http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23865006

Kebe: "I've been fit for two weeks and the manager hasn't played me."

If he's fit, he plays. This is all the ammo I need to start an Adkins out chant at an inexplicably early stage of this season. Failure to man-manage someone like Kebe says to me that Royston Drenthe will be heading elsewhere in January following a Friday night incident in Zorbas.

Amazing that holloway thinks he can replace Zaha. Actually maybe he will. For 3 games.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Aug 2013 15:02

RoyalBlue
sandman Thank you for proving my point.

Proving that you are obsessed with the (quite wrong) belief that the club treated McDermott badly and didn't giving him more than a fair chance?

It was not necessarily 'bad treatment' in comparison to the way managers are treated these days, but I personally believe that after 13 years of excellent service he deserved another chance to learn from the mistakes made in his first season managing in the premier league. Coppell was given that chance, and rightly so, but I believe Brian deserved it more due to his relative inexperience as a manager.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 28 Aug 2013 15:02

So Jimmy says "I will never refuse to train or play"....except for the last time he wanted to move clubs.

Also from that interview, he expects to walk into the team the moment he decides that he is fit, despite not having played since March.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2013 15:04

sandman And you have appalling double standards.

I don't see you laying into Kebe as you have Guthrie for the last 10 months. Who has the double standards?

In my opinion Kebe's situation is similar to Guthries, and both he and Adkins (like McDermott and Guthrie before them) must take some of the blame. In this case it appears that Adkins role in this is less significant than McDermotts though because this seems much more like a player manoeuvring for a transfer than getting frustrated by being brought into a club and then being asked to play in an alien way before seeing lesser players keeping him out of the team.

From Adkins comments you can assume he doesn't think Kebe's been up for the fight and looking to get back to fitness in the way he should've been over the last 6 months. For me that's worse than Guthries inexcusable no-show for Sunderland.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Aug 2013 15:06

But I expect him to walk into that team when fit. So do most fans. Who's going to keep him out the team? McAnuff? HRK? Don't make me laugh. His contract reflects his position in the squad - he's one of the top earners so he should expect, all things being equal, to walk into the squad at the current time.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2013 15:06

You haven't looked very hard then Hoop Bleurgh.

If Kebe has refused to flat out refused to play or train, which according to him he hasn't, then he should be dealt with accordingly and hopefully the club will do a better job of getting rid than they did with the last trouble maker.
Last edited by sandman on 28 Aug 2013 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Aug 2013 15:07

Ouroboros Although I appreciate knowing exactly what's going on at the club, I don't really know what is to be gained by Adkins' candour. He has essentially confirmed that his relationship with Kebe has collapsed, that Kebe is refusing to play and that he is resigned to seeing him leave.

So that doesn't really leave us in quite the best negotiating position, does it? If I were Palace I'd have offered 500k, reckon there's a decent chance we'd be forced to accept that now.

This is what I told you yesterday and you accused me of making things up.
The only thing Adkins had to gain from his 'candour' was to distract the blame from the club's biggest loss in over a decade and shift the attention on to Kebe.

'Where's Jimmy Kebe?' was the question for months. It is no surprise that we are exposed to the 'truth' ten minutes after the biggest loss in over a decade.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Aug 2013 15:07

sandman You haven't looked very hard then Hoop Bleurgh.

If Kebe has refused to play, which according to him he hasn't, then he should be dealt with accordingly and hopefully the club will do a better job of getting rid than they did with the last trouble maker.

Jimmy's done exactly the same as Guthrie - he's just been smarter about it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Aug 2013 15:08

blueroyals But I expect him to walk into that team when fit. So do most fans. Who's going to keep him out the team? McAnuff? HRK? Don't make me laugh. His contract reflects his position in the squad - he's one of the top earners so he should expect, all things being equal, to walk into the squad at the current time.

Exactly this. We're hardly Man Utd. :roll:

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Aug 2013 15:08

Kebe's been here 5 years. Adkins has been here 5 months. I know who I believe. Kebe's never had a problem with anybody before - (as far as we know) he's never faked an injury, never refused to play, never manoeuvred himself a transfer and certainly has never rung up the local radio station. For people to slate a player who has been with us through two PL seasons, two relegations, two play-off campaigns and won a Championship title is disgusting especially when this is clearly a result of poor communication on Adkin's part.
Last edited by blueroyals on 28 Aug 2013 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 28 Aug 2013 15:10

Where has Kebe done anything wrong? He wants to play, tweaked a hamstring (let's be honest, this isn't the first time with Jimmy) so pulled out to focus on the more important league game.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Aug 2013 15:13

The fact is, he reckons he was fit on Saturday. If that was the case, he SHOULD have at least made the bench on Saturday. Instead, he was told by Adkins that he wouldn't be playing him, nor would he even be travelling with the team but that he would be playing in a cup game which Adkins, clearly, wasn't even taking seriously. So, I actually back Jimmy here - he must be extremely frustrated.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 28 Aug 2013 15:13

blueroyals Kebe's been here 5 years. Adkins has been here 5 months. I know who I believe.

So you are accusing Adkins of being a liar when he said Kebe phoned him on Monday saying he was unfit to play having been told he might well be chosen to play Tuesday and told Radio Berks on air he was fit and raring to go on Saturday?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Aug 2013 15:13

If Kebe has refused to flat out refused to play or train, which according to him he hasn't, then he should be dealt with accordingly and hopefully the club will do a better job of getting rid than they did with the last trouble maker.

Yeah you're obviously right.

It's just pure coincidence that his hamstring flared up a few days before the transfer window shut, whilst Palace were making enquiries and bids and at the same time as he just happened to talk to the local media for only the second time in 5 years.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Aug 2013 15:16

CholseyRoyal
blueroyals Kebe's been here 5 years. Adkins has been here 5 months. I know who I believe.

So you are accusing Adkins of being a liar when he said Kebe phoned him on Monday saying he was unfit to play having been told he might well be chosen to play Tuesday and told Radio Berks on air he was fit and raring to go on Saturday?

"I felt my hamstring tweak on Monday and felt it better not to risk it," Kebe confirmed to BBC Sport.

I believe Jimmy.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 28 Aug 2013 15:16

Platypuss

If Kebe has refused to play, which according to him he hasn't, then he should be dealt with accordingly and hopefully the club will do a better job of getting rid than they did with the last trouble maker.

Jimmy's done exactly the same as Guthrie - he's just been smarter about it.

In that, if all is correct, Kebe appears to be forcing a move out of the club.

The Guthrie affair, whilst unprofessional and foolish, appeared to lack an ulterior motive and seemed simply a result of a relationship breakdown.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Aug 2013 15:17

blueroyals
"I felt my hamstring tweak on Monday and felt it better not to risk it," Kebe confirmed to BBC Sport.

I believe Jimmy.

Want to buy a bridge?

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 28 Aug 2013 15:19

P!ssed Off This is what I told you yesterday and you accused me of making things up.
The only thing Adkins had to gain from his 'candour' was to distract the blame from the club's biggest loss in over a decade and shift the attention on to Kebe.

:lol:

No: I think it was an error of judgement, you think it was a strategy.

I don't think Adkins has to manufacture interest in Jimmy Kebe.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Aug 2013 15:19

Hoop Blah

Yeah you're obviously right.

It's just pure coincidence that his hamstring flared up a few days before the transfer window shut, whilst Palace were making enquiries and bids and at the same time as he just happened to talk to the local media for only the second time in 5 years.

Palace can make all the enquiries and bids they want, doesn't mean we were planning on selling him or he wanted to go.... and if that was the reason, don't you think that either a) Palace would be put off thinking he's injured or b) he'd have a medical with them and risk being proved a liar - which would damage his credibility with not only his former club's fans but with his future club's fans? Why risk all that?

830 posts