54%

Total votes: 155
M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: What is the point in HRK

by M Brook » 24 Aug 2016 17:15

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... nu-8697868

Nice little online vote at the end of this one.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 24 Aug 2016 18:15

Maneki Neko id imagine he's bewildered and surprised that there are no decent teams in for him, and that the best offer he has had would see him ruin his career by playing is a shit Chinese league, but for tons of money

I suspect his agent misheard, and the offer was for 100 Yuan a week rather than a hundred grand.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Aug 2016 18:54

M Brook http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/free-agent-hal-robson-kanu-8697868

Nice little online vote at the end of this one.

That's some spin going on there before a massive climbdown in October when he signs for Burton.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Aug 2016 21:18

Well 56% of respondants on that poll clearly have never watched HRK besides his Cruyff turn.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 24 Aug 2016 21:48

Winston Smith A week left of the transfer window, and then he is also a free agent so the days following that he could also become more sought after. Could easily just be playing the game to get himself the best deal.

Am I missing something here?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 24 Aug 2016 22:04

TFF
Winston Smith A week left of the transfer window, and then he is also a free agent so the days following that he could also become more sought after. Could easily just be playing the game to get himself the best deal.

Not sure what you might or might not be missing. As a free agent, he can sign any time. So if a club fails to land their target at the last minute, they'll have less choice once the window shuts as they won't be able to go for anybody that is still in contract to a club. So in theory, free agents could be more in demand.

Personally I would think that clubs would be dubious about anybody clearly available that hasn't been signed up - if HRK is doing this deliberately, it's a high risk strategy. I'm not convinced his agent (his brother?) actually knows what he's doing here.

I'm also not sure why I commented on this thread, I'm sick of Hal. I'm nearly as sick of him as I was when he was playing for us.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 24 Aug 2016 22:59

Can't remember why, but something reminded me of him the other day. I asked myself, "I wonder what's happened to Hal Robson-Kanu/" And of course, the answer is "nothing."

Oh well.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Aug 2016 09:52

Like HRK not able to get a club it seems this thread can't find a proper home either....

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 25 Aug 2016 12:43

muirinho
TFF

Not sure what you might or might not be missing. As a free agent, he can sign any time. So if a club fails to land their target at the last minute, they'll have less choice once the window shuts as they won't be able to go for anybody that is still in contract to a club. So in theory, free agents could be more in demand.

Surely he became a free agent when his contract at Reading expired?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 Aug 2016 13:58

East Grinstead Royal
muirinho
TFF

Er, yes, that was my point. He is not constricted by transfer windows, therefore he can wait and see. He might get extra offers from clubs after the window shuts, who previously were chasing somebody else but when they didn't get who they really wanted, decide to go for Hal instead.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Aug 2016 14:51

muirinho
East Grinstead Royal
muirinho

Er, yes, that was my point. He is not constricted by transfer windows, therefore he can wait and see. He might get extra offers from clubs after the window shuts, who previously were chasing somebody else but when they didn't get who they really wanted, decide to go for Hal instead.

Or alternatively clubs don't touch him because he's reportedly turned down £100,000 a week contract and they don't think they can afford him. It hits October, the next installment on the Lambo is due and the only club to come in is Blackburn Rovers, 10 points off safety in the Championship and they're only offering him £10,000 a week to the end of the season.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 25 Aug 2016 15:31

muirinho He might get extra offers from clubs after the window shuts, who previously were chasing somebody else but when they didn't get who they really wanted, decide to go for Hal instead.

But why would he wait for that :?: He's the best player in the world.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Aug 2016 16:01

This reminds me of the Alex Pearce situation 4 years ago. Liverpool are going to sign him, there's a gaggle of other clubs interested if that falls through and yet the only contract to materialize was a new contract at Reading on reduced terms.

It's a dangerous game because I'm pretty sure that Premiership teams have to name their 25 man squads when the window closes and can't change it til January so he's effectively writing off playing in that league.

Dixeyroyal

by Dixeyroyal » 25 Aug 2016 16:58

Had to laugh when Hull were apparently after him, a story manufactured by a comment that Bruce made about "not having money so looking to sign free agents and (in jest) taking his pick from those playing in the euro's.

Bruce leaves and a local paper asked the current owners Son whether he will be signing Robson-Kanu, to which he replied "Robson who" :P

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Aug 2016 19:23

maffff
muirinho He might get extra offers from clubs after the window shuts, who previously were chasing somebody else but when they didn't get who they really wanted, decide to go for Hal instead.

But why would he wait for that :?: He's the best player in the world.

Presumably he'll be joining Brighton then.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2016 01:47

From Despair To Where? This reminds me of the Alex Pearce situation 4 years ago. Liverpool are going to sign him, there's a gaggle of other clubs interested if that falls through and yet the only contract to materialize was a new contract at Reading on reduced terms.

It's a dangerous game because I'm pretty sure that Premiership teams have to name their 25 man squads when the window closes and can't change it til January so he's effectively writing off playing in that league.

They can add to it if they haven't named 25 I believe.
Which makes Hull almost a certainty for him.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 26 Aug 2016 14:38

Soon: HRK signs for Hull
Then: He is quickly found out and dropped to the bench
Later: Hull are relegated and he's back in the Championship
One day: He plays for Hull at the Madejski and misses a sitter
Cue: A rousing rendition of "Hal Robson Kanu - You've Always Been Sh1t" from the whole of the East stand

His entire career is leading up to this moment, and this is the point in HRK.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Aug 2016 14:39

Billy The Fish Soon: HRK signs for Hull
Cue: A rousing rendition of "Hal Robson Kanu - You've Always Been Sh1t" from the whole of the East stand

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 26 Aug 2016 17:02

Billy The Fish Soon: HRK signs for Hull

Love it :lol:

It will be interesting to see where HRK ends up and how he does, Hull does seem the most likely option of the several he supposedly has. I suspect he'd start well at Hull before slowing falling off the pace and back to mediocrity.

We know how inconsistant he is and the rest but he does appear to be something of a big game player. Not just for his performances for Wales but remember his best season for us was the one in the Premier League. It seems when the stage is bigger and the stakes are higher he is better motivated to perform so applies himself more.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 26 Aug 2016 17:50

I can see that happening. End of the day one goal at the euros vs years of shitness.

Maybe he proves us all wrong but he was always shit at Reading apart from one good game against man United. We are better off without him.

881 posts