Can Leicester genuinely win the league?

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 96
stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Are Leicester genuine title contenders?

by stealthpapes » 16 Apr 2016 10:34

Morgan is another classic Leicester story: a wall of a centre-half with a tattoo shop called Ink-credible and a childhood rejection from Notts County for being so overweight. Morgan has been such a rock in Leicester’s defence Harry Redknapp paid him the ultimate compliment last week. “I think he has been very unlucky not to have got an England cap by now,” Redknapp said. “I don’t think he would let anyone down if given the chance.”

The news of Morgan’s 25 caps for Jamaica has clearly not reached everyone.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Apr 2016 15:03

Terrible refereeing decision there, I really hope they get through this game without being affected. Not so worried about the effects of a ban as others will take up the slack

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 17 Apr 2016 15:32

Phew, soft penalty perhaps but who cares.

Spurs at Stoke tomorrow will not be easy, I trust.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Apr 2016 15:35

Two very soft penalties.

Vardy decision was a correct one for me though.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Apr 2016 15:46

Got to disagree tbf, however the bigger clanger was probably not giving Huth a pen after he's given the one against Morgan

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 17 Apr 2016 15:57

Enjoyed Heskey as a pundit. Nice guy, obviously up for Leicester, but honest on all the decisions.

Heskey and Henry's opinions, which I share tbh:

First yellow card for Vardy was wrong
Second one was correct, dive far too obvious ftl
West Ham penalty correctly awarded, Leicester had been warned by the referee. At length. Good refereeing
Leicester penalty was generous, but they probably should have got one for the foul on
Huth.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Apr 2016 16:01

An all-round dreadful ref performance that.

Vardy's first was never a yellow in a million years. The second should have been a yellow, but for a foul on the defender if anything.

How can you (rightly) give one for holding against Morgan and then not the more clear-cut one on Huth (ref looking straight at that one)?

The final pen, soft but yeah I can see why it was given

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 17 Apr 2016 17:53

Lots of evidence today for why we can't have TV replays in a game where nobody can agree on decisions, even with countless replays.
Vardy 1 - OK if it was for persistent fouling as it wasn't his first foul, otherwise it wasn't a yellow card
Vardy 2 - well done to the ref because that looked a shameful dive
Pen 1 and Pen 2 and Huth's pen - probably, perhaps not and yes (two positive decisions weren't clear-cut)

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 17 Apr 2016 18:07

A Tottenham win tomorrow could start to pile the pressure on Leicester.Whatever happens with regard to the title,the remaining champion's league spots seem destined to go down to the wire,compounded by Arsenal dropping home points today.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Apr 2016 18:08

John Smith
John Smith
genome Anyone else think Spurs are at a disadvantage always having to play after Leicester? They handled it well on Sunday to be fair, but I believe it's that way until the last day of the season now. I just feel Leicester never have to go out and perform knowing Spurs have already done their job.

I think West Ham will take points on Sunday. Are you saying you're confident Leicester will win then?

Hi genome, just chasing this one up. Can I get some feedback please?
Cheers, JS

Pub bore.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Apr 2016 19:00

Crazy refereeing

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Apr 2016 19:29

With all the jostling that takes place in the penalty area how come Jon Moss decides to take it upon himself to award the type of penalty that should have been given from day one rather than with 4 games to play and that refs have avoided giving all season?
IMHO the Schlupp penalty(doubtful penalty) was making up for the blatant holding of Huth (definite penalty).
Let's see if the ref tomorrow dishes out the same in Spurs' game and every game that Chris Smalling (and in fairness Martin Skrtl) plays in.
If the ref does, it is more likely to be against Shawcross than either of the two Belgians of Spurs.

After today I do hope even more that Leicester do it.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Apr 2016 08:36

Victor Meldrew With all the jostling that takes place in the penalty area how come Jon Moss decides to take it upon himself to award the type of penalty that should have been given from day one rather than with 4 games to play and that refs have avoided giving all season?
IMHO the Schlupp penalty(doubtful penalty) was making up for the blatant holding of Huth (definite penalty).
Let's see if the ref tomorrow dishes out the same in Spurs' game and every game that Chris Smalling (and in fairness Martin Skrtl) plays in.
If the ref does, it is more likely to be against Shawcross than either of the two Belgians of Spurs.

After today I do hope even more that Leicester do it.

I actually think Vertonghen is one of the worst culprits for this. Right up there with yer Skrtel's and yer Smalling's

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Apr 2016 10:18

Is SF saying Vardy didn't dive? Really? :lol:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Apr 2016 10:28

I'd agree he manufactured the contact so probably not a penalty but I don't think it was a dive and it definitely wasn't worthy of a booking

Moss's bigger crime was the inconsistency over manhandling at corners and we all know what we want wrt consistency eh Kesmond

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Apr 2016 11:09

I think the yellow for the dive was correct. The yellow for the tackle though was ridiculous as it was almost more a case of the West Ham player running into him whilst he was on the ground (it wasn't quite the same as Vardy manufacturing a contact but I'm sure someone like Kes could argue that if they really wanted to).

In regards to the holding at corners, as they showed on the TV coverage, the ref had singled out Huth and Morgan for a warning and then they just carried on. Yes the holding on Huth at the other end was just as bad as an isolated incident but as far as I know (and I didn't watch the game) it wasn't being done at every corner and they hadn't been warned that doing it again would result in a penalty.

The penalty against Carroll was pretty weak but it was a bit more of a charge to bundle him off the ball than a shoulder to shoulder challenge. That's a foul but very borderline and a very big call to give it either way.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 18 Apr 2016 11:18

pretty much agreed with that, Hoop Blah.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Apr 2016 11:38

Yep mostly but I agree with SF no yellow for the "dive".

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Apr 2016 11:58

Hoop Blah Yes the holding on Huth at the other end was just as bad as an isolated incident but as far as I know (and I didn't watch the game) it wasn't being done at every corner and they hadn't been warned that doing it again would result in a penalty.

Surely a foul is a foul?
I'm not wholly naive of referees trying to let the game flow and talking to players/captains during play, but surely we shouldn't expect referees to take charge of a game on a favours system? Morgan got penalised because he'd been told not to do it, but it wasn't a foul on Huth because their defence hadn't been 'warned'? Sorry, I don't get that.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Apr 2016 12:29

Yeah I agree, and I'd have given the one on Huth as it was a relatively extreme one IMO.

It's probably a bit tricky as a ref where to draw the line though, especially as it happens so much.

493 posts