217 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Another finals another load of idiots

by Maneki Neko » 13 Jun 2016 16:49

St Pauli
Maneki Neko
St Pauli
So you're agreed than that the England fans are partly responsible for what went on in Marseille by the port (not the stadium that as all Russia agreed)?

ETA Video of the Saturday, plenty of aggressive English fans calling the Russians walking past out, throwing shit at the police and running around looking to fight Russians: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUhWij84rOg

after theyd been attacked and tear gassed.

:lol: Yeah, look at the England fans at 7;30-8:00. Oh the poor victims, yeah they don't want a fight at all! :lol:

oxf*rd hilarious :|
im surprised you weren't there tbf you hooligan apologist

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Jun 2016 17:10

I love to see St Pauli’s reaction if the Police, corporate security and local residents over here reacted to ‘peaceful protesters’ exercising their democratic rights to smash up buildings and obstruct lawful businesses and citizens in the same way as the French and Russians reacted to a bit of obnoxious signing and drunkenness from a load of England.

It's pretty clear that were are a fair few pigeons coming home to roost with the way England fans have being targeted over the weekend, but that doesn't excuse what's gone on and I'd like the UK government to stand up for our citizens a bit with the negligent French authorities.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 13 Jun 2016 18:18

I was there. England fans aren't perfect but we are not to be blamed for this one. First night the locals attacked. Second the Russians. Game day I was drinking down a side street away from the mass crowd in a smaller amount of England fans, 20 locals appeared out of a side street, started bottling the English, then ran away. 5 more locals turned up, got into an argument and threw a motorbike towards the English. Then 200 Russians show up down a side street armed to the teeth. After the game I, along with a few others was chased down the streets by locals throwing fireworks towards us. Every time it was us that got tear gassed and the police went for. Yes, every time some of the English fought back, but by god if those Russians had free reign someone could seriously have died.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Jun 2016 18:35

Glad u got out safely

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 13 Jun 2016 19:35

Interesting that all reports from England fans are the same. Yet the press are reporting different.

Maybe I would of thought the same not being there. However, being there what Will is saying is true.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 13 Jun 2016 20:08

Still reaping what we sow to be honest - thanks to the behaviour of Chelsea, Liverpool and United of the past.

That being said, my gut feel is that whilst England fans aren't angels, we haven't done that much wrong - and accounts like Will's are quite common.

i believe its as much to do with the way this is being policed as it is anything else.

If I were the local plod, I'd have enforced all local businesses selling alcohol to only sell in plastic cups - especially around the harbour and the ground.

:|

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Jun 2016 21:08

savage 4 england Interesting that all reports from England fans are the same. Yet the press are reporting different.

Maybe I would of thought the same not being there. However, being there what Will is saying is true.

Some of the press are still running the easy story of blaming the England fans but it does seem like the wider media are coming round to the more balanced view that they were more the victims this time around.

I've just heard that a number of England fans have been charged, processed by the courts and are now serving time in France. Somehow they've not managed to pick up a single Russian or, as far as I have heard, any locals.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Jun 2016 21:47

Apparently the first few in court today were locals.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Jun 2016 22:26

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 14 Jun 2016 07:59

Hoop Blah I love to see St Pauli’s reaction if the Police over here reacted to ‘peaceful protesters’ exercising their democratic rights to smash up buildings and obstruct lawful businesses and citizens

That already happens. It even happens with actual entirely peaceful protesters just standing in the street/sitting down.

This is very worrying: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... azi-salute

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jun 2016 08:24

Maneki Neko https://mobile.twitter.com/uaf/status/742456077883609088

WTAF?!

State sponsored hooliganism

So utterly despicable that Russia were awarded the 2018 world cup, going to be so much fun for all supporters of all nations to go there and be beaten up and continually abused throughout the tournament.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jun 2016 08:52

St Pauli
Hoop Blah I love to see St Pauli’s reaction if the Police over here reacted to ‘peaceful protesters’ exercising their democratic rights to smash up buildings and obstruct lawful businesses and citizens

That already happens. It even happens with actual entirely peaceful protesters just standing in the street/sitting down.

Exactly, you have massive hissy fits when those protesters get properly policed when attacking buildings and businesses.

For some reason you're not quite so sympathetic to these fans who've been subjected to attacks purely based on some shite singing and the country of their birth.

Brosef Stalin
Hob Nob Regular

by Brosef Stalin » 14 Jun 2016 10:15

Hoop Blah
St Pauli

Exactly, you have massive hissy fits when those protesters get properly policed when attacking buildings and businesses.

For some reason you're not quite so sympathetic to these fans who've been subjected to attacks purely based on some shite singing and the country of their birth.

Pipe down you! SP is an expert on everything!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jun 2016 11:25

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3637944/Euro-2016-violence-Marseille-Half-naked-paralytic-leering-women-taking-town-square-like-occupying-army-s-England-fans-repulse-world.html

England fans were nowhere near the worst of the Hooliganism on display but whilst getting pissed and singing "a few shite songs" might seem harmless whilst you're in the moment that might not be the case to the people viewing it from the outside.
Last edited by sandman on 14 Jun 2016 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 14 Jun 2016 11:38

French police teargassed PSG fans at their open topped bus parade back in 2013. The number of fucks they give? Pretty much zero.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 14 Jun 2016 11:41

Never see this sort of trouble at Rugby internationals in Paris.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 14 Jun 2016 11:48

Hoop Blah massive hissy fits

Nope, there's been plenty of opportunities to do so, (French Strikes, calls for an enquiry into the policing of Orgreave following the Hillsborough verdict) but I haven't because it would meet with exactly the reaction from RL et al as you're now accusing me of.

Have you been away with England to a major European football tournament? If, like me and GreatWesternLine, you have, you'll know what kinds of ASBO behaviour goes on but doesn't make it into the papers or TV news. If not, you're just arguing from a point of ignorance.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 14 Jun 2016 12:00

St Pauli
Hoop Blah massive hissy fits

Nope, there's been plenty of opportunities to do so, (French Strikes, calls for an enquiry into the policing of Orgreave following the Hillsborough verdict) but I haven't because it would meet with exactly the reaction from RL et al as you're now accusing me of.

Have you been away with England to a major European football tournament? If, like me and GreatWesternLine, you have, you'll know what kinds of ASBO behaviour goes on but doesn't make it into the papers or TV news. If not, you're just arguing from a point of ignorance.

Were you in Marseille SP?...... if not aren't you doing the exact thing you are accusing other of?

As i have said to you before... Have a day off m8!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jun 2016 12:13

St Pauli Have you been away with England to a major European football tournament? If, like me and GreatWesternLine, you have, you'll know what kinds of ASBO behaviour goes on but doesn't make it into the papers or TV news. If not, you're just arguing from a point of ignorance.

I have been away with England yes, and I've not suggested there isn't anti-social behaviour that goes on, and some provocation of locals and opposition fans.

You seem to think that anti-social, but non-violent from what I've seen and read from Marseille (including the lads on here and a couple of mates who were out there), behaviour justifies the French policing and makes England fans fair game for French and Russians to attack them.

I've seen much worse behaviour, criminal behaviour and vandalism, going on at the peaceful protests over here. When the police then take action you're full of your militant support for the small guys standing up the system and how it's an over-reaction by the authorities etc. I'm just a bit miffed why your attitude seems rather different when it's drunken blokes, and defenseless women and families, that are on the end of it in France.

Just seems a bit hypocritical from where I'm sitting.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Jun 2016 12:17

It seems the French authorities are trying to even up the numbers a little bit today.

According to this http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36526723 29 Russian fans are being deported. Problem is it looks like the French have target the Russian equivalents of Denny Fullbrook and his Coach One chums as being the sacrificial lambs for some French justice.

217 posts