Libero Guide

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
You're Bard

Libero Guide

by You're Bard » 27 Oct 2016 09:04

A shameless plug for a guide to away grounds, both here and across Europe.

Written by an old Stoneham School friend (also the author of The Rough Guide to European Football), he's just emailed me to say the page for Reading has now been posted.

I think it's pretty well written and a handy resource, particularly if you're thinking about taking in a game in one of the European leagues. Most of the gounds in The Championship are covered, too.

Here's the link: http://www.liberoguide.com/

or just Google Libero Guide.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Libero Guide

by Platypuss » 27 Oct 2016 09:24

Based purely on the Reading page I wouldn't trust his judgement on finding somewhere which serves a decent beer for an away game!

Gateway
Horn
Sun
Monks' Retreat
Hope Tap
Guineas
Wild Lime
Turtle
Zero Degrees
Pavlov's Dog

Only one missing is the Bugle.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 27 Oct 2016 13:45

Having just got back from Madrid, the travel section for Madrid isn't that accurate either

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Oct 2016 22:53

Not overly impressed by the Bradford page. Recommends 2 pretty average pubs at least 2 miles from the ground (a bit like recommending The Water Tower and the Three Tuns for Reading) whilst failing to mention all the decent ones a 10 minute walk away.

I'm not in any way suggesting he hasn't been to all these towns and cities but the Bradford page reads like its been culled almost entirely from a 5 year old Tourist information pamphlet,

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Nov 2016 17:05

From Despair To Where? Not overly impressed by the Bradford page. Recommends 2 pretty average pubs at least 2 miles from the ground (a bit like recommending The Water Tower and the Three Tuns for Reading) whilst failing to mention all the decent ones a 10 minute walk away.

I'm not in any way suggesting he hasn't been to all these towns and cities but the Bradford page reads like its been culled almost entirely from a 5 year old Tourist information pamphlet,

LOL at Bradford City Council publishing a tourist information pamphlet

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Nov 2016 17:06

Shows how much you know about Bradford then, doesn't it.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 Nov 2016 08:59

When I was last in Bradford all the beer mats had "Bradford - City of Culture 2008?" on them. They lost out to Liverpool in the end IIRC.

Dundee and Milton Keynes are set to bid when the UK are next up for it.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 Nov 2016 09:03

From Despair To Where? Shows how much you know about Bradford then, doesn't it.

I used to go there with work and have to stay over and do remember googling stuff to do and coming up blank - could've done with this.

We usually went out in Leeds instead. Even Pudsey had more rhythm and pulse but in fairness this is going back almost a decade now.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Nov 2016 11:10

Well, off the top of my head, the National Media Museum, Saltaire and Salts Mill (World Heritage Site), Bronte Parsonage and the whole of Haworth really, Bolling Hall (reputedly the most haunted house in Britain) Keighley and Worth Valley Railway, the Moors. All stuff that could interest a tourist as well as the Alhambra, St George's Hall, The Broadway and a rejuvenated independant quarter with lots of decent pubs and micro breweries. All bar theclast 2 were there 10 years ago.

Anyway, enough about Bradford, I don't even live there any more.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1