Best/Worst Pundit

562 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: Best/Worst Pundit

by No Fixed Abode » 05 Jun 2017 14:37

Sutekh
No Fixed Abode
Victor Meldrew
Bearing in mind Liverpool's dire record at home to the lesser sides it was far from being a definite-if they had won all of those "definites" they would have been champions rather than just the best when playing the best.

IF :lol:

"Rather than just best when playing best" - well that's bias - but we know you're a LIverpool fan :lol:

It is factually correct though, Liverpool were the best team out of the top 6 when limited to just the games amongst the top 6.

But these sorts of 'facts' are stupid. "If the league was played over a calendar year" "If the league was played over two seasons". :lol:

Anyway, we've unearthed another Liverpool fan.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jun 2017 17:22

Victor Meldrew
No Fixed Abode But given a home win for Liverpool was a definite.......if it hadn't been a slightly higher calibre of team Liverpool were playing on the last day I would say fair enough.

I get that it's also about viewing figures. However, there needs to be a re-jigging of the prize money to negate someone getting more money through TV appearances. I don't think it's correct Spurs finishing 2nd yet getting less money than Liverpool and City.

Bearing in mind Liverpool's dire record at home to the lesser sides it was far from being a definite-if they had won all of those "definites" they would have been champions rather than just the best when playing the best.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 Aug 2017 10:48

Peter Beagrie sacked by sky for beating up his Mrs. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4249081/s ... ered-wife/

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 16 Aug 2017 12:29

Michael Gray doing the football league is awful. He's just so wooden. It looks like riga mortis has set in.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 21 Aug 2017 10:12

Some bizarre punditry from Souness yesterday after the Spurs v Chelsea game. I assume he was watching a different game to the rest of us.

He said "lady luck shone on Chelsea today".

He must have missed the sitter Morata missed, Willian hitting the post, Dembele's foul throw (feet way over the touchline) just before Dele was fouled in the lead up to their goal and most glaringly of all - Dier and Vertonghen not being given straight red cards.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Aug 2017 10:35

Didn't Chelsea only manage 2 shots on target in the match?

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 21 Aug 2017 10:45

Silver Fox Didn't Chelsea only manage 2 shots on target in the match?

Do you think that makeshift Chelsea team would have won by more had Dier and Vertonghen been rightly sent off?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Aug 2017 10:47

They might have had more than 2 shots on target I guess

LOLz @ makeshift btw

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 21 Aug 2017 10:55

Silver Fox They might have had more than 2 shots on target I guess

LOLz @ makeshift btw

I'm getting the feeling you're using the 2 shots on target as a negative thing? If you have a decent comprehension of football that matters not if you win the game.

From a neutral perspective I think Chelsea would have gone on to win handsomely if the referee had got those sending off decisions right.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Aug 2017 10:56

Jim Royal

LOLz @ makeshift btw

I'm getting the feeling you're using the 2 shots on target as a negative thing? If you have a decent comprehension of football that matters not if you win the game.

From a neutral perspective I think Chelsea would have gone on to win handsomely if the referee had got those sending off decisions right.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Aug 2017 10:58

Jim Royal

LOLz @ makeshift btw

Thinks I currently love about Hobnob.

- That Kes is too frightened to go 'full Kes' because he'll likely get himself banned again, but posts deliberately transparent opinions just to let people know he is there. :D

double d

by double d » 21 Aug 2017 10:59

Sanguine
Jim Royal

LOLz @ makeshift btw

Thinks I currently love about Hobnob.

- That Kes is too frightened to go 'full Kes' because he'll likely get himself banned again, but posts deliberately transparent opinions just to let people know he is there. :D

We all knew he was there when Skuttz asked him something twice and he refused to answer it but replied with somebody completely different.

I'm just waiting for the "there it is :lol:" and "looks like we have uncovered another xxxxx fan"

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 21 Aug 2017 11:33

The only banning we should be talking about is 3 games for Dier and 3 games for Vertonghen.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Aug 2017 12:14

Not that I'm a regular listener, but Joey Barton has joined talkSPORT. Can't say I'm a fan of him - just tries to be controversial for effect.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 21 Aug 2017 12:23

John Smith Not that I'm a regular listener, but Joey Barton has joined talkSPORT. Can't say I'm a fan of him - just tries to be controversial for effect.

I'm not sure I or anyone else needed another reason to forget about that poor excuse for a radio station... but thanks for giving us another reason anyway.

Talksport - adverts... adverts... "Man United are playing this weekend"... adverts... "Chelsea play a friendly"... adverts... adverts.... adverts... "Man City players not happy"... adverts and repeat for the next few hours.

That scouser guy in the mornings does my absolute head in. Also around 3-4pm there's two shouty guys on who just bang on all day about wages and the big clubs.

Last time I had the misfortune to hear them they were saying it was pathetic that Liverpool was only paying one of their players £80'000 a week and that it should be at least £150'000.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Aug 2017 12:27

I suppose one way to show how seriously you're taking your ban for gambling is to get a job where every fifteen minutes you big up a betting company

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 21 Aug 2017 12:49

What did everyone make of the new setup on MOTD2 last night? I managed to fit in the Lord of the rings trilogy by the time Jermaine Jenas walked over to the playback screen.

double d

by double d » 21 Aug 2017 12:51

Jim Royal What did everyone make of the new setup on MOTD2 last night? I managed to fit in the Lord of the rings trilogy by the time Jermaine Jenas walked over to the playback screen.

I didn't like it that is for sure. Glad it is only reserved for the teams nobody cares about who won't win anything like Chelsea and Spurs and Newcastle.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 21 Aug 2017 13:12

double d
Jim Royal What did everyone make of the new setup on MOTD2 last night? I managed to fit in the Lord of the rings trilogy by the time Jermaine Jenas walked over to the playback screen.

I didn't like it that is for sure. Glad it is only reserved for the teams nobody cares about who won't win anything like Chelsea and Spurs and Newcastle.

I'm sure at a similar stage of the season last season most people said Chelsea wouldn't win anything. You're spot on with Spurs and Newcastle though.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Aug 2017 13:13

double d

See, you are capable of some superb posts. Well done.

562 posts