562 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Best/Worst Pundit

by BR0B0T » 27 Dec 2019 21:55

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where?
BR0B0T
:) I wasn't actually referring to her and tbf she just says exactly the same shit as the blokes

It's unlikely you'd make it to the top of the professional male game whilst obtaining a first-class degree

I enjoy the stories they tell that add colour/entertainment but what actual insight do they provide?

Steve Coppell managed to. Used to study on the United team bus on the way back from games whilst his team mates were getting pissed and playing cards.

Safe to say Steve's era was somewhat different and a wee while ago.

Can't see Jack Grealish doing a degree in his spare time.

I've heard Grealish has got himself mixed up in a recent robbery

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Dec 2019 21:56

Don't think Brobot set any constraints on when they played but I do accept that Man Utd weren't top flight at the time either.

Anyway, if you're not going to accept Coppell, how about Vincent Kompany whilst at Citeh and Juan Mata whilst at Valencia and Chelsea?

And it's not just these foreign types, how about David Wetherall?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jan 2020 17:49

Not on the pundit front, but there seems to be a trend amongst all broadcasters to try and edit in as many pointless shots of fans, management, close ups and irritating camera angles during play as possible rather than just showing a game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Jan 2020 19:13

Sutekh Not on the pundit front, but there seems to be a trend amongst all broadcasters to try and edit in as many pointless shots of fans, management, close ups and irritating camera angles during play as possible rather than just showing a game.

Cant understand it. It’s like when they spend 10 seconds showing the 4th official holding his board up. Completely unnecessary

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Jan 2020 22:49

Sutekh Not on the pundit front, but there seems to be a trend amongst all broadcasters to try and edit in as many pointless shots of fans, management, close ups and irritating camera angles during play as possible rather than just showing a game.

Don’t mind it in cricket ;-)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 07:55

URZZZZ

Cant understand it. It’s like when they spend 10 seconds showing the 4th official holding his board up. Completely unnecessary

How is that pointless? It shows the viewers how much time is added on at the end of a game. The number isn't just related to the amount of brain cells you have.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 06 Jan 2020 10:06

I don't think I've watched a worse match for this than Rooney's debut for Derby last week. It was bad enough that it was pretty much a Rooney oxf*rd anyway but I really don't see how any viewer thought that multiple shots of Mrs Rooney in a hospitality box enhanced the coverage.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Jan 2020 10:12

6ft Kerplunk

I don't think I've watched a worse match for this than Rooney's debut for Derby last week. It was bad enough that it was pretty much a Rooney oxf*rd anyway but I really don't see how any viewer thought that multiple shots of Mrs Rooney in a hospitality box enhanced the coverage.

BBC are in their element for this sort of thing when Wimbledon fortnight comes around.
It does sum up our society's ( or TV producers' take on society) fixation with "celebrity".

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Jan 2020 10:17

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

How is that pointless? It shows the viewers how much time is added on at the end of a game. The number isn't just related to the amount of brain cells you have.

Yeah, it doesn’t take that long to read one number off a board though

The amount of times Sky etc have missed chances/incidents as a result of showing completely unnecessary things in the background is ridiculous

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2020 10:18

URZZZZ

What I don't understand is why the 4th official holds up the board and rotates it one way, and then rotates it the other way.

It's double sided, you don't need to rotate it both ways. Madness

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 10:20

genome
URZZZZ

What I don't understand is why the 4th official holds up the board and rotates it one way, and then rotates it the other way.

It is so the supporters at either end can see it surely?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2020 10:21

Old Man Andrews
genome
URZZZZ

Read my post again

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 10:22

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome

Read my post again

Yeah either end of all stands. Everyone can see it all of the time if the 4th official rotates it slightly, there is a science to it.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jan 2020 10:26

Old Man Andrews
genome
Old Man Andrews It is so the supporters at either end can see it surely?

Read my post again

Yeah either end of all stands. Everyone can see it all of the time if the 4th official rotates it slightly, there is a science to it.

I know that. I just don't understand why they hold it up, rotate it one way, and then fully the other way. It's the same on both sides of the board. It's pointless insanity

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2020 10:31

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome
Read my post again

I know that. I just don't understand why they hold it up, rotate it one way, and then fully the other way. It's the same on both sides of the board. It's pointless insanity

Could be considered even more pointless when you consider the stadiums put the amount of added time on their big screens if they have them.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Jan 2020 19:27

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Yeah, it doesn’t take that long to read one number off a board though

The amount of times Sky etc have missed chances/incidents as a result of showing completely unnecessary things in the background is ridiculous

This.

Especially at corners. Where they’re too busy repeating slo mo of the previous incident and the team bangs in the corner. Twats.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Jan 2020 21:31

Danny Murphy is a happy wee soul isn't he?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Jan 2020 00:19

sandman Danny Murphy is a happy wee soul isn't he?

Think we can conclude Murphy was a big fan of Xhaka too

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Jan 2020 07:21

URZZZZ
sandman Danny Murphy is a happy wee soul isn't he?

Think we can conclude Murphy was a big fan of Xhaka too

https://twitter.com/qprAL27/status/1214 ... 45472?s=19

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Jan 2020 07:41

There should be a rule for live football matches that only Ally McCoist can co-commentate. He is the only decent one.

562 posts