Delé

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

Delé

by Jack Celliers » 05 Jan 2017 06:26

How good is Dele Alli? Will he be able to go to Real Madrid and be a success?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Delé

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2017 08:51

We should put in an offer for him, I'm sure he'd love a season at Reading

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jan 2017 09:43

20 league goals as a midfielder and he's only just out of his teens. Hopefully Spurs can keep hold of him, he needs to stay there.

He had a great game in front of goal last night but thinking about it, Eriksen and Wanyama were much better overall, the latter especially. That moment when he was in his own box and dribbled past about 3 Chelsea players was marvellous.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jan 2017 09:46

Jack Celliers How good is Dele Alli? Will he be able to go to Real Madrid and be a success?

He's the midfielder/number 10 that Southgate needs to build his team around and he's hitting a great run of form in front of goal that's for sure.

How good is he though? I'm not sure yet. It was only a few games ago I was hearing people question his form this year and, typically of English players, he just seems more effective than anything else. Yeah he's pretty good on the ball and can be quite graceful at times but he doesn't (yet) seem to have that ability to dominate a game in the way a Gerrard or Scholes would. Hopefully that will come with experience (it's easy to forget he's still only 20 and in his second Premier League season), or perhaps it's just that I've not seen enough of him.

I can't see him being a Real Madrid or Barcalona type player though, he's too British isn't he?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jan 2017 11:06

Just remember how long the list of 'hyped young english players who have done fcuk all' is

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jan 2017 11:16

The most pressing question - why has he changed the name on his shirt from Alli to Dele?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2017 11:36

Stranded The most pressing question - why has he changed the name on his shirt from Alli to Dele?

I think his Dad had very little to do with him/Mother has a child and he didn't want to be associated with that name as it didn't mean anything to him. Or something similar anyway

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jan 2017 12:31

bobby1413
Stranded The most pressing question - why has he changed the name on his shirt from Alli to Dele?

I think his Dad had very little to do with him/Mother has a child and he didn't want to be associated with that name as it didn't mean anything to him. Or something similar anyway

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jan 2017 13:15

Stranded
bobby1413

Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

I just googled it and from some reports it sounds as though Dele doesn't have anything to do with either his mum or dad anymore, but that despite the dad leaving his mum weeks after they got married they're still friends and in contact. He lived with another family, close friends, from the age of 13.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 22 Oct 2017 20:20

It was good to see young Dele back to decent form today. After yesterday, De Bruyne is now the best player in the world, and Kane's pass to Son and matter-of-fact goal-scoring confirms he is close. Dele Alli is not (yet) in that class, but Real Madrid would still benefit if they spent their £100 million on him in the summer.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Oct 2017 09:14

Jack Celliers It was good to see young Dele back to decent form today. After yesterday, De Bruyne is now the best player in the world, and Kane's pass to Son and matter-of-fact goal-scoring confirms he is close. Dele Alli is not (yet) in that class, but Real Madrid would still benefit if they spent their £100 million on him in the summer.

The bit where he turned and nutmegged Emre Can in the same movement was a thing of beauty:

https://twitter.com/manutdxtra/status/9 ... 3343740928

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Oct 2017 13:44

I really struggle to like him purely due to the obnoxiously arrogant sneer he always has on his face

wrttop, hopefully he will crack on and sustain this (needs to stay at Spurs for a bit) and not join the legions of young ex-hopefuls

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Oct 2017 13:55

yeah enough reports of him being quite the nasty pcunt on the field to not find him very likeable, but obv hope he goes to boss it at the very top level.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Oct 2017 15:52

Shut up, he's adorable.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 23 Oct 2017 16:44

genome
Jack Celliers It was good to see young Dele back to decent form today. After yesterday, De Bruyne is now the best player in the world, and Kane's pass to Son and matter-of-fact goal-scoring confirms he is close. Dele Alli is not (yet) in that class, but Real Madrid would still benefit if they spent their £100 million on him in the summer.

The bit where he turned and nutmegged Emre Can in the same movement was a thing of beauty:

Canned.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2017 17:50

John Madejski's Wallet I really struggle to like him purely due to the obnoxiously arrogant sneer he always has on his face

wrttop, hopefully he will crack on and sustain this (needs to stay at Spurs for a bit) and not join the legions of young ex-hopefuls

Yeah, he looks very talented, but a total arsehat when I've seen him, so I can't really warm to him.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Oct 2017 18:08

Ark Royal
genome

Canned.

Not the first time he's done it to him

https://twitter.com/DjLeeC/status/922225935365103616

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 23 Oct 2017 19:52

Snowflake Royal
John Madejski's Wallet I really struggle to like him purely due to the obnoxiously arrogant sneer he always has on his face

Yeah, he looks very talented, but a total arsehat when I've seen him, so I can't really warm to him.

Would it be good to have a player who was despised by the rest of football, but was very good, playing for England? We could become like Germany and be more likely to win things.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Oct 2017 20:36

Jack Celliers
Snowflake Royal

Would it be good to have a player who was despised by the rest of football, but was very good, playing for England? We could become like Germany and be more likely to win things.

I think what you're more likely to see is some canny Italian, or whatever, wind him up and watch him get himself sent off like the silly petulant little child he appears to some time be. See Rooney and Ronaldo.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 23 Oct 2017 21:13

Snowflake Royal
Jack Celliers
Snowflake Royal

I think what you're more likely to see is some canny Italian, or whatever, wind him up and watch him get himself sent off like the silly petulant little child he appears to some time be. See Rooney and Ronaldo.

He might be through that phase already - it's already happened at the end of the last two seasons, so he must have learnt from it. Hopefully, the canny Italian will be spotted by the video ref and be the one to get the red card.