Chinese Super League

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
double d

Chinese Super League

by double d » 17 Jan 2017 20:30

Opinions on it?

Do you think it is just a short time fad (the new Qatari/Saudi league for example), are you interested in it, do you think it will even last? Do you think in the next 5 years there will be no football played anywhere but China due to them having bought the whole sport?

I think it's just a short term fad, Give it a few seasons and it will be done. There are no real top quality world class players there as of yet, maybe when one or a couple of them go then it will be more interesting. I have watched it on Sky Sports and the standard is still God awful.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Chinese Super League

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2017 20:56

If this is the death of the Premier League and S£y...then I am all for it

£ootball has ate itself.....the Premier £ aint what it used to be....players are going to go where it is at....fans are not

I have no interest of Chinese Leagues...nor will I ever have ( a bit our current Premier royalty listings )

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 17 Jan 2017 21:15

This is only happening because Xi Jinping is a big football fan and says he wants China to host the world cup, and says they can win it by 2050.

Once he is gone, or they have secured the rights to host a WC, or maybe just when he gets bored, this will be over.

But agree that anything that rocks the foundations of the PL is a good thing. The PL has been doing what China are doing now to other countries for years.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2017 21:20

Another rare agree Winston.....batten down the hatches and cue the Americanised S£y sport cock appologists here tho...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Jan 2017 22:56

Premier league will come back stronger and I believe they will give the fans what they want (not that I want this)

Trial by tv (that's already been mooted)
Timekeeping
Premier League 2
Ah just some of the highlights coming your way to keep the paying public happy....

The worlds best will still only want to play for the top clubs ie Barcelona, Manchester United etc but will use it as a pay check in their later years.

I don't see it as a threat at all.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Jan 2017 10:51

Winston Smith
But agree that anything that rocks the foundations of the PL is a good thing. The PL has been doing what China are doing now to other countries for years.

I can't recall the PL offloading loads of cheap steel.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 18 Jan 2017 12:10

Unless you are in China, no one is gonna watch this. Give it a couple of years, and apart from a couple of semi-retired South Americans, most teams will be fielding a full Chinese starting XI.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 28 Mar 2017 13:02

Shanghai Shenhua's stadium on fire

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 28 Mar 2017 13:22

Winston Smith Shanghai Shenhua's stadium on fire

Oh look - they have raised pedestrian walkways too. Reading FC take note.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Apr 2017 16:25

Winston Smith Shanghai Shenhua's stadium on fire

Your defence is terrified...

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Jul 2017 18:15

13 Chinese Super League clubs have been told they need to clear their debts or will not allowed to take part in the league next season.

Chinese FA coming down hard on those that spent excessively on transfers apparently

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Jul 2017 09:52

double d Opinions on it?

Do you think it is just a short time fad (the new Qatari/Saudi league for example), are you interested in it, do you think it will even last? Do you think in the next 5 years there will be no football played anywhere but China due to them having bought the whole sport?

I think it's just a short term fad, Give it a few seasons and it will be done. There are no real top quality world class players there as of yet, maybe when one or a couple of them go then it will be more interesting. I have watched it on Sky Sports and the standard is still God awful.

Definitely a short term fad. I've watched a few games because the timings are quite good (Sunday eve for example, when nothing else is on). I quite like the MLS for this reason as I think the standard is alright but from what I've seen of the Chinese league it's dross and even Lavezzi looks terrible out there.

Probably why JT signed for Villa

richardmlldk

Chinese Super League

by richardmlldk » 08 Aug 2017 12:08

I dont understand nothing with all these names...
plz ELI5: In England, where do you get live coverage of the CL right now? Premier League coverage would be interesting to know for me too. And what is the problem here?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Aug 2017 13:47

Strong first post

14 posts   •   Page 1 of 1