Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ups & downs 16/17

by genome » 24 Apr 2017 11:04

Hah

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Apr 2017 11:07

On the Orient front I see Barry Hearn has stepped down as President as he won't work with a businessman who doesn't pay his employees. If only the person who sold the current owners the club could have done something at the time

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Apr 2017 15:29

From Despair To Where? It's very easy when the team in question is Bolton.

For some it's 1995, for me it's the decade of anti-football under Allardyce, the fcuking gimp flag waving bollocks they used to do before each game, the shitty drummers who sounded like an angry wasp in a jar, their shitty stadium which is 10 times worse than the Madejski, their gormless arse scratching, finger sniffing Northern Monkey fans and all the "what a well run club, proving you can punch above its weight in the Premiership" bullshit that went with it when in reality each season they were just rolling the financial dice and praying it came up Double 6.

Oh, and they're from Bolton which is such a shithole, it makes Wigan look like Las Vegas.

I find it difficult to do anything other than fully agree with this post.

In other news I really hope Blackburn Rovers stay up at the expense of Birmingham City. Does anyone think Brum will go?

double d

by double d » 24 Apr 2017 15:35

I hope Brum do go down purely because of the absolute idiotic and ludicrous decision, probably actually one of the worst of all time, to replace a home grown manager who has a great reputation with a manager who has been a proven failure at every club, only to see it fail again predictably. I hope they go down for the lolz

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Apr 2017 15:44

Zola's win percentages as manager:

West Ham 28.75%
Watford 44%
Cagliari 20%
Al-Arabi 38.46%
Birmingham 8.33% :lol:

Decent at Watford I suppose.

While we're on the subject, I noticed that Jaap Stam has the highest win percentage of all time for Reading managers. 8)

double d

by double d » 24 Apr 2017 15:54

genome Zola's win percentages as manager:

West Ham 28.75%
Watford 44%
Cagliari 20%
Al-Arabi 38.46%

While we're on the subject, I noticed that Jaap Stam has the highest win percentage of all time for Reading managers. 8)

I forgot about him at Watford.

I wonder who the manager with the highest win % ever was..... and not including caretakers or managers for a short period of time. What was coppells v stam? If only coppell managed us for one season it would have been about 85% :lol:

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 24 Apr 2017 16:10

John Smith
From Despair To Where? It's very easy when the team in question is Bolton.

For some it's 1995, for me it's the decade of anti-football under Allardyce, the fcuking gimp flag waving bollocks they used to do before each game, the shitty drummers who sounded like an angry wasp in a jar, their shitty stadium which is 10 times worse than the Madejski, their gormless arse scratching, finger sniffing Northern Monkey fans and all the "what a well run club, proving you can punch above its weight in the Premiership" bullshit that went with it when in reality each season they were just rolling the financial dice and praying it came up Double 6.

Oh, and they're from Bolton which is such a shithole, it makes Wigan look like Las Vegas.

I find it difficult to do anything other than fully agree with this post.

In other news I really hope Blackburn Rovers stay up at the expense of Birmingham City. Does anyone think Brum will go?

I know a Blackburn fan and I see the pain in his eyes every time I LOL OUT LOUD at home when they lose, so I would rather they stay up. They also then probz to get play Bolton next season, which is nice for them. And Redknapp is a pcunt.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Apr 2017 18:45

double d

West Ham 28.75%
Watford 44%
Cagliari 20%
Al-Arabi 38.46%

I wonder who the manager with the highest win % ever was..... and not including caretakers or managers for a short period of time. What was coppells v stam? If only coppell managed us for one season it would have been about 85% :lol:

Wasn't he bankrolled at Watford by owners who basically gave him half the Udinese squad to play with?

And he still fcuked it up.

Nice bloke
Great player
Awful manager.

double d

by double d » 24 Apr 2017 19:16

From Despair To Where?
double d

West Ham 28.75%
Watford 44%
Cagliari 20%
Al-Arabi 38.46%

Wasn't he bankrolled at Watford by owners who basically gave him half the Udinese squad to play with?

And he still fcuked it up.

Nice bloke
Great player
Awful manager.

Iirc they also bankrolled granada. So he had pudil, anya, foristieri amongst another 7 players on loan from those two teams.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Apr 2017 19:32

14 season long loans, 10 from Udinese, 2 from Grenada, 1 from Standard Liege and Nathaniel Chalobah from Chelsea.

So a whole team loaned from top flight teams and that doesn't include Forestieri who was bought from Udinese. (Yes, I had to look it up).

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 25 Apr 2017 11:16

John Smith In other news I really hope Blackburn Rovers stay up at the expense of Birmingham City. Does anyone think Brum will go?

There's an awful lot of very downbeat Blues fans I know at the moment. I still reckon Blackburn will get out this.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 25 Apr 2017 11:59

Games remaining at the bottom:

Wigan (41points)
Reading (a)
Leeds (h)

Blackburn (45 points)
Villa (h)
Brentford (a)

Birmingham (47 points)
Huddersfield (h)
Bristol C (a)

Forest (48 points)
QPR (a)
Ipswich (h)

QPR (50 points)
Forest (h)
Norwich (a)

Burton (51 points)
Barnsley (a)
Reading (h)

Bristol C (51 points)
Brighton (a)
Birmingham (h)

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Apr 2017 12:04

Harry and Mowbray have both cited 4 points for survival. I think Blackburn's run in is easier than Brum's but I also think Brum can beat Bristol and get something at home to Huddersfield.

I would be very nervous if I was a QPR fan right now...be good to see them go down

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Apr 2017 12:08

Yeah, was a bit :shock: that QPR are suddenly involved.

They'll be fine though. I do think Birmingham will be the ones to go.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 25 Apr 2017 12:18

QPR will probably be ok on the basis that they need three teams to overtake them (assuming they lose both their last two), and with 5 points in hand on Blackburn they've got enough margin for error to just about get away with it.

Blues I think will lose this weekend and will need something at Bristol, but Blackburn have to win this weekend as a trip to Griffin Park has proved difficult for a lot of teams this season (ourselves and Leeds for instance).

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Apr 2017 12:42

Blackburn will beat Villa because the only crumb of comfort from Villa's season would be Birmingham getting relegated.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Apr 2017 14:23

From Despair To Where? Blackburn will beat Villa because the only crumb of comfort from Villa's season would be Birmingham getting relegated.

Very good point indeed. What price on an Agbonlahor sliced OG trying to defend a corner, plunging Blues into the mire?!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Apr 2017 15:16

If Birmingham do get relegated, that has to be the most disastrous manager change in football history.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Apr 2017 15:30

Thing is, at the time that Zola was given the job the universal opinion from pundits, fans, everyone was "WTF are you doing?" and it wasn't just the sacking of a successful manager whilst in the playoffs but also the hiring of a manager with a consistent track record of failure.

I can only assume the owners failed to consult anyone who knew the first thing about football. I reckon someone picked completely at random off the street could have done as well as Zola.

double d

by double d » 29 Apr 2017 14:17

York city down. Twice in a row and a slide a la Stockport.

137 posts