Diving Bans

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Diving Bans

by multisync1830 » 20 May 2017 23:03

Ian Royal
multisync1830
Ian Royal Yeah, if you penalise the obvious ones and leave the dubious ones, it's essentially just creating a system of encouraging players to get better at disguising diving. Whereas if you shrug and accept sometimes you'll get it wrong and someone'll be unfairly penalised there is no incentive to get better at diving, the incentive is to stay on your feet at all costs.

as a theory that might work but that implies a certain amount of premeditation . Diving (or not) generally is a millisecond split decision. .

You could say the same about tackles from behind. Doesn't mean that punishing them harshly failed to stop them because they were milisecond split decisions.

I don't think you can safely use that analogy.

Tacking from behind has drastically reduced . Introducing a diving ban will also drastically reduce diving because once a player is in the 'shall I shan't I?' phase of a run/tackle/ situation etc he has to be more than certain his 'dive' will be put in the unproven box.

It's quite possible that he will not risk it if there has been no contact because he'll probably suspect with multiple replays chances are he'll get a case proven retrospective punishment.. By just using the ref and linesmen the odds are on his side and it's worth a punt.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 21 May 2017 10:49

Feigning injury is also going to be included....we have all seen times when some (so so often Chelsea) player goes down like they have been shot- gaining a FK/Pen when replays show no contact whatsoever....

Hoss

by Hoss » 27 May 2017 16:11

The laws of the game should be the same at every level. When there is camera technology at every park on a Sunday morning, then I'm all in favour.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2017 16:20

Hoss The laws of the game should be the same at every level. When there is camera technology at every park on a Sunday morning, then I'm all in favour.

Camera technology doesn't change the laws of the game, it adds a dimension to enforcing those rules.

Presumably you're against 4th officials and communication equipment for refs and their assistants as well, you luddite.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2017 18:51

Victor Mololses

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 27 May 2017 18:56

Blimey good decision. Looked like a penalty to me in real time.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 May 2017 18:59

.....same old Chelsea etc etc.