Re: Weekend Football

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Oct 2019 10:29

John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

Humdingers this week, OMA - care to pick from the following please:

Curzon v Blyth Spartans
King's Lynn Town v Chester
Brightlingsea Regent v Wingate & Finchley

Curzon v Blyth Spartans - Both sides struggling near the foot of the National League North. Blyth Spartans are the basement side and struggle to score goals. Going for a 2-0 home win.

Kings Lynn Town v Chester - Tough one to call this, 2nd plays 3rd. Two teams playing good football and hopeful of promotion. Going to sit on the fence for this one. 1-1 draw.

Brightlingsea Regent v Wingate & Finchley - Two of the Isthmian leagues basement boys go head to head. Both side are ultimately utter dross and I can't see this being a great game. Brightlingsea have lost their last 5 in the league and Wingate and Finchley have lost 4 out of their last 5. I am going for a very narrow Brightlingsea win here. -1-0

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Oct 2019 22:28

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

I can't see this being a great game.-1-0

Check out Nostradamus over here.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 14 Oct 2019 09:55

leon
Old Man Andrews
John Smith I can't see this being a great game.-1-0

Check out Nostradamus over here.

Would rather have Nosferatu

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 24 Oct 2019 11:30

John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

And yet again, just like that it's the weekend. And one for which we really are in for a treat:

Lincoln City v Bolton
Forest Green v Crewe
Stevenage v Morecambe
Curzon Ashton v Kettering Town

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Oct 2019 11:44

John Smith
John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

And yet again, just like that it's the weekend. And one for which we really are in for a treat:

Lincoln City v Bolton
Forest Green v Crewe
Stevenage v Morecambe

Yeah it is certainly an exciting weekend John, looking forward to it.

Lincoln v Bolton - Lincoln have looked terrible without the Cowley brothers at the helm but they are playing Bolton here. That being said Bolton are much improved and I think they can get a draw. 1-1

Forest Green v Crewe - 1st v 3rd in this exciting League 2 clash. Really fancy Forest Green in this one, going for a 3-1 home win.

Stevenage v Morecambe - The bottom 2 in League 2 go head to head, both sides are essentially crap and have no real form which would indicate a draw but for some reason I fancy Stevenage to pick up the victory. 2-1 home win.

Curzon Ashton v Kettering Town - Curzon are near the foot of the league and Kettering are the foot of the league, not expecting a classic here. Think this one could easily end up in a draw. Going to go 1-1.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 24 Oct 2019 15:19

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Oct 2019 16:12

John Smith
John Smith
Old Man Andrews .

Lincoln City v Bolton
Forest Green v Crewe
Stevenage v Morecambe

How about

Maidenhead v Solihull
Boreham Wood v Fylde
Guisely v Darlington
Farsley v Brackley
Highworth Town v BMF

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 25 Oct 2019 10:45

The Enfield Royal71 How about

Maidenhead v Solihull
Boreham Wood v Fylde
Guisely v Darlington
Farsley v Brackley
Highworth Town v BMF

Maidenhead v Solihull Solihull certainly aren't the side they were last season that did so well to get to the National League playoffs. I think home advantage and the momentum from the midweek win will be key here. Maidenhead 3-1Solihull

Boreham Wood v Fylde same can be said for Fylde - total dross this season. Long trip down to Boreham Wood. Boreham Wood 2-0 Fylde

Guiseley v Darlington away form seems to have cost Darlington this season, whereas Guiseley are plodding along nicely. Neither side pulling up trees, however. I've got a strange feeling this is the weekend when Darlo's fortunes change: Guiseley 0-2 Darlington

Farsley v Brackley two good teams here. Brackley certainly didn't disgrace themselves up at Hartlepool in the cup last week, but Farsley's home form is one of the best in the division. It will be close but again I think home form will be the one here: Farsley 1-0 Brackley

Highworth Town v BMF not even going to pretend to have heard of Highworth before. Two teams with not a lot to separate them in midtable. Highworth have only won once at home this season. I predict goals and maybe will sit on the fence for this one: Highworth Town 3-3 BMF

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Oct 2019 11:12

John Smith
The Enfield Royal71 How about

Maidenhead v Solihull
Boreham Wood v Fylde
Guisely v Darlington
Farsley v Brackley
Highworth Town v BMF

Maidenhead v Solihull Solihull certainly aren't the side they were last season that did so well to get to the National League playoffs. I think home advantage and the momentum from the midweek win will be key here. Maidenhead 3-1Solihull

Boreham Wood v Fylde same can be said for Fylde - total dross this season. Long trip down to Boreham Wood. Boreham Wood 2-0 Fylde

Guiseley v Darlington away form seems to have cost Darlington this season, whereas Guiseley are plodding along nicely. Neither side pulling up trees, however. I've got a strange feeling this is the weekend when Darlo's fortunes change: Guiseley 0-2 Darlington

Farsley v Brackley two good teams here. Brackley certainly didn't disgrace themselves up at Hartlepool in the cup last week, but Farsley's home form is one of the best in the division. It will be close but again I think home form will be the one here: Farsley 1-0 Brackley

Highworth Town v BMF not even going to pretend to have heard of Highworth before. Two teams with not a lot to separate them in midtable. Highworth have only won once at home this season. I predict goals and maybe will sit on the fence for this one: Highworth Town 3-3 BMF

Cheers. Will add to my acca.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Oct 2019 21:18

Southampton :lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Oct 2019 22:34

Southampton's next 2 fixtures:

Man City (A) cup game
Man City (A) League

Lolz

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Oct 2019 02:09

The Enfield Royal71 Southampton :lol:

Be fair they did have a man sent off at 0-1

Ralph Hasenhüttl has to go after that surely.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Oct 2019 08:12

Rabbithutch will be on his way soon enough

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 26 Oct 2019 10:03

Winston Biscuit Southampton's next 2 fixtures:

Man City (A) cup game
Man City (A) League

Lolz

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Oct 2019 10:37

Leicester very impressive. Although helped by Southampton's ineptitude, a classic example of how to play against 10 men. Make the pitch wide, spread the play at a quick tempo, overlapping runs, don't take your foot off the accelerator. And then there's us who can't even beat 8 men in 24th place!

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 26 Oct 2019 12:54

Can Leicester keep this up and do a Leicester?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Oct 2019 19:11

Scoring a hat-trick seems to get way more praise and excitement than 1 more goal than scoring 2 goals. The hat-trick itself seems to be what's celebrated, instead, or maybe on top of, the actual 3 goals. It seems off.

I hope I am making sense here.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 26 Oct 2019 19:14

Winston Biscuit Scoring a hat-trick seems to get way more praise and excitement than 1 more goal than scoring 2 goals. The hat-trick itself seems to be what's celebrated, instead, or maybe on top of, the actual 3 goals. It seems off.

ummmmmm

wtf?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 26 Oct 2019 19:21

The Enfield Royal71
Winston Biscuit Scoring a hat-trick seems to get way more praise and excitement than 1 more goal than scoring 2 goals. The hat-trick itself seems to be what's celebrated, instead, or maybe on top of, the actual 3 goals. It seems off.

ummmmmm

wtf?

I feel like because it has a little name attached to it there is additional hype around it, like it's a personally trophy that player has won. If the phrase 'hat-trick' didn't exist and instead it was just called 'scoring 3 goals' I don't believe we would see the week of over the top hype the 3 goal scoring player gets currently.

The reaction to a hat-trick feels like an additional prize has been secured on top of scoring 3 goals.

The experience leaves me cold sometimes.

5342 posts