Weekend Football

5702 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Weekend Football

by Sanguine » 10 Sep 2020 09:01

Every PL game in September to be available live, with the suspension of the 3pm blackout extended with fans still locked out of games.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/n ... -tv/184085

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2020 10:29

Sanguine Every PL game in September to be available live, with the suspension of the 3pm blackout extended with fans still locked out of games.

Good move. I'd like all the clubs to offer their supporters a heavily discounted subscription to the iFollow service seeing as there is next to no chance we will see supporters back in stadiums this side of Christmas. £10 a game is very steep.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Sep 2020 11:10

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Every PL game in September to be available live, with the suspension of the 3pm blackout extended with fans still locked out of games.

Good move. I'd like all the clubs to offer their supporters a heavily discounted subscription to the iFollow service seeing as there is next to no chance we will see supporters back in stadiums this side of Christmas. £10 a game is very steep.

I do not think a tenner per game is that bad. When you go to games you normally buy a pie, programme and booze, which always add ups.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Sep 2020 12:25

Simmops
Old Man Andrews

I do not think a tenner per game is that bad. When you go to games you normally buy a pie, programme and booze, which always add ups.

It'll cost £220 to watch all the league games just until the end of December.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Sep 2020 12:44

Pepe the Horseman
Simmops
Old Man Andrews Good move. I'd like all the clubs to offer their supporters a heavily discounted subscription to the iFollow service seeing as there is next to no chance we will see supporters back in stadiums this side of Christmas. £10 a game is very steep.

But you do not have to watch them all and it is still cheaper then going to a game IRL

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Sep 2020 12:47

Simmops
Pepe the Horseman
Simmops

But you do not have to watch them all and it is still cheaper then going to a game IRL

But it's not even close to being the same experience as going to a game. You have to watch it on your phone, or a laptop, and if you don't want to pick and choose your games, it's more expensive than a Sky Sports sub.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Sep 2020 17:34

Pepe the Horseman
Simmops
Old Man Andrews Good move. I'd like all the clubs to offer their supporters a heavily discounted subscription to the iFollow service seeing as there is next to no chance we will see supporters back in stadiums this side of Christmas. £10 a game is very steep.

It'd cost about £450 in tickets to see them live though.

It's really easy to cast stuff to a tv or hook a pc/ laptop up to one.

The experience argument you have to ask yourself what you're going for... is it to watch a football match or get pissed with the lads. If it's the former about half price seems fair, if it's the latter, why would you buy it no matter the price?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Sep 2020 17:50

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman
Simmops

The experience argument you have to ask yourself what you're going for... is it to watch a football match or get pissed with the lads. If it's the former about half price seems fair, if it's the latter, why would you buy it no matter the price?

£450 plus the travel, food and booze and time.

Watching it on my sofa > Live

Go in the fridge and have proper cold beer and a nice takeaway

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Sep 2020 16:38

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman
Simmops

No problem with £10 a game, quite simply if you don’t like it, don’t pay it!

Did think the £10 was a bit steep for last weeks game considering it was the cup (1st round) and you can usually get it cheaper by going to the game but then I decided not to bother with that one

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 Sep 2020 17:37

lol...switched off already!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Sep 2020 22:08

I’d rather spend more and watch football in real life as it was pre covids but as we are, that isn’t an option.

As much as I like to watch us I am not sold on a tenner per game online but it’s a personal choice

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 12 Sep 2020 22:08

BR0B0T lol...switched off already!

:?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 Sep 2020 23:09

SouthDownsRoyal
BR0B0T lol...switched off already!

:?

listened to bits of it on a youtube watchalong

the late wins are something I begrudgingly admire about LFC...Utd did it under Fergie and Chelsea under JM

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Sep 2020 09:19

A few years back, Liverpool would have found a way to lose that game. A bit like Villa away last season - under Klopp, Liverpool just find a way to win. As great as it was to see Leeds play their normal game, the scoreline flattered them a bit - 22 shots to 6, 9 corners to 0 (ironically Leeds actually shaded possession). Many other days that's a 4-0 or 4-1, and Bielsa was realistic afterwards.
Last edited by Sanguine on 14 Sep 2020 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Sep 2020 10:48

Sanguine A few years back, Liverpool would have found a way to lose that game. A bit like Villa away last season - under Klopp, Liverpool just find a way. As great as it was to see Leeds play their normal game, the scoreline flattered them a bit - 22 hosts to 6, 9 corners to 0. Many other days that's a 4-0 or 4-1, and Bielsa was realistic afterwards.

I thought Leeds played bravely and put up a good battle but I agree the scoreline flattered them

Although the Leeds/Bielsa love in affair is growing tiresome already. Thought Leeds played similarly to Norwich this time last year at Anfield, albeit more clinical but the reaction to those two teams were vastly different

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Sep 2020 11:42

URZZZZ
Sanguine A few years back, Liverpool would have found a way to lose that game. A bit like Villa away last season - under Klopp, Liverpool just find a way. As great as it was to see Leeds play their normal game, the scoreline flattered them a bit - 22 hosts to 6, 9 corners to 0. Many other days that's a 4-0 or 4-1, and Bielsa was realistic afterwards.

I thought Leeds played bravely and put up a good battle but I agree the scoreline flattered them

Although the Leeds/Bielsa love in affair is growing tiresome already. Thought Leeds played similarly to Norwich this time last year at Anfield, albeit more clinical but the reaction to those two teams were vastly different

Leeds looked good enough to stay up whereas West Brom and Fulham look like what they probably will be in a year's time, Championship clubs.
Both of these teams are still playing with Championship level defenders who are clearly not good enough.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Sep 2020 11:44

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ

Leeds looked good enough to stay up whereas West Brom and Fulham look like what they probably will be in a year's time, Championship clubs.
Both of these teams are still playing with Championship level defenders who are clearly not good enough.

I think Robson Kanu being West Brom’s 1st/2nd choice striker is also a big issue, WBA in dire need of a striker

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Sep 2020 11:46

URZZZZ
South Coast Royal
URZZZZ

I think Robson Kanu being West Brom’s 1st/2nd choice striker is also a big issue, WBA in dire need of a striker

I think they need a lot more than that.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Sep 2020 11:46

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ

Fulham have signed two defenders and a keeper in the last week, so I'd expect some changes soon enough. Ironically it was a poor performance from keeper Rodak that really summed up Fulham in their defeat, after fans had been up in arms at Areaola's signing, as Rodak was brilliant in the Championship.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 Sep 2020 11:49

Sanguine
South Coast Royal
URZZZZ

Fulham have signed two defenders and a keeper in the last week, so I'd expect some changes soon enough. Ironically it was a poor performance from keeper Rodak that really summed up Fulham in their defeat, after fans had been up in arms at Areaola's signing, as Rodak was brilliant in the Championship.

Fulham certainly need something.
A back 4 of Odoi, Hector, Reem and Bryan is arguably not as good as Reading's.

5702 posts