Weekend Football

5336 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Weekend Football

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Dec 2020 14:34

It's not like there's been loads of articles about Bielsa and how throughout his career, his tactics more often than not resulted in his teams hitting wall.

And going "Ner, ner, we won the league by 10 points" kind of re-enforces her point when they were only a point clear at the break.

They breed 'em thick in Yorkshire.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Jan 2021 23:15

From Despair To Where? It's not like there's been loads of articles about Bielsa and how throughout his career, his tactics more often than not resulted in his teams hitting wall.

And going "Ner, ner, we won the league by 10 points" kind of re-enforces her point when they were only a point clear at the break.

They breed 'em thick in Yorkshire.

And racist.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 12 Jan 2021 20:39

Charlton Vs Rochdale is currently 4-4 after 67 minutes :shock:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Jan 2021 21:15

What is it with Newcastle and shit teams. The year Derby got 11pts, they took 4 off Newcastle.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Jan 2021 21:36

Winston Biscuit Charlton Vs Rochdale is currently 4-4 after 67 minutes :shock:

Rochdale were 4-1 up at half-time.

Millwall about to draw for the 11th time this season. Only the top four have lost fewer games than Millwall this season. Incredibly they'll have to maintain this draw frequency to equal the record, which is 23 draws in a season, by four teams, most recently Cardiff and Hartlepool in the same Third Division season in 97-98. That's 46 ggames though. In the top division in 78-79, Norwich drew 23 of 42 games. :shock:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2021 22:34

From Despair To Where? What is it with Newcastle and shit teams. The year Derby got 11pts, they took 4 off Newcastle.

Was thinking about this earlier. I did Fanzone as a Derby fan for their 2-2 draw. The real Derby fan couldn't make it as his wife went into labour, and I was working at Sky at the time, so filled in. Kenny Miller scored on his b'day.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Jan 2021 08:35

Pepe the Horseman
From Despair To Where? What is it with Newcastle and shit teams. The year Derby got 11pts, they took 4 off Newcastle.

Was thinking about this earlier. I did Fanzone as a Derby fan for their 2-2 draw. The real Derby fan couldn't make it as his wife went into labour, and I was working at Sky at the time, so filled in. Kenny Miller scored on his b'day.

Wait, what?! :lol: There has to be video of this, please! :D

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jan 2021 10:02

Hendo
Pepe the Horseman

Wait, what?! :lol: There has to be video of this, please! :D

I had a dvd somewhere. Trying to find a clip on the interwebz, but not having much luck. The Newcastle fan knew I wasn't a Derby fan and could have destroyed me, but he was very nice. I got to scream "Happy birthday Kenny Miller" when he scored - up there with "Aguerrooooooooooooo".

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Jan 2021 10:41

I would have done a really comically over the top accent, probably a Yorkshire one

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jan 2021 11:00

Winston Biscuit I would have done a really comically over the top accent, probably a Yorkshire one

:D

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Jan 2021 14:18

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit Charlton Vs Rochdale is currently 4-4 after 67 minutes :shock:

Rochdale were 4-1 up at half-time.

Millwall about to draw for the 11th time this season. Only the top four have lost fewer games than Millwall this season. Incredibly they'll have to maintain this draw frequency to equal the record, which is 23 draws in a season, by four teams, most recently Cardiff and Hartlepool in the same Third Division season in 97-98. That's 46 ggames though. In the top division in 78-79, Norwich drew 23 of 42 games. :shock:

Was 4-2 at half time

Gunter very much involved in the game, backed off his man too easily for one of them (shock) but then put a superb cross in and made an excellent tackle for goals 3 and 4

Quite a few of Millwall’s draws have been against the better sides too:

1-1 against us
1-1 against Bournemouth
1-1 against Brentford
0-0 against Norwich
0-0 against Stoke

Certainly a tough team to create too many chances against

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jan 2021 17:04

Rochdale last 3 league games

3-3
4-4
3-3

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2021 19:48

Has been noted, great stuff.

What a shame that there’s nobody there to see it all

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Jan 2021 08:50

From Despair To Where? Rochdale last 3 league games

3-3
4-4
3-3

And of the five games before that, two 4-1 defeats and and victories of 4-0 and 5-0.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Jan 2021 11:47

Whats going on with Wolves? Terrible run of form at the moment.

I know a couple of Wolves fans and they seem to be pretty un-happy with Nuno.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Jan 2021 11:55

Hendo Whats going on with Wolves? Terrible run of form at the moment.

was listening to a local journalist last week who basically said it was unfortunate injuries, letting players go who shouldn't have been, poor recruitment, lack of squad depth - all of which has lead to them trying to play a different style of football (more defensive and possession based) to suit the players they have available, but this has just lead to damaging the game of those players who remained and previously played well in the old system

I think they started the season with Fabio Silva being their only recognized striker. He is the 18 year old they signed who up until this season had scored 1 professional goal

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Jan 2021 12:05

Winston Biscuit
Hendo Whats going on with Wolves? Terrible run of form at the moment.

was listening to a local journalist last week who basically said it was unfortunate injuries, letting players go who shouldn't have been, poor recruitment, lack of squad depth - all of which has lead to them trying to play a different style of football (more defensive and possession based) to suit the players they have available, but this has just lead to damaging the game of those players who remained and previously played well in the old system

I think they started the season with Fabio Silva being their only recognized striker. He is the 18 year old they signed who up until this season had scored 1 professional goal

I see. I think he is their only recognised striker at the moment, as Jiménez has been out for a while after that nasty injury at Arsenal.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 18 Jan 2021 12:51

Yep - Daniel Podence out until end of Feb too.

Short-termism in football. I hate it. Wolves won't go down. Nuno has been brilliant for the club. They only came up three seasons ago, which is hard to believe, and they have spent just seven of the last 40 years in the top flight. And some Wolves fans want him out because they haven't won in six games. It's not like they are getting marmelised either - Liverpool the only side to beat them by more than a goal since September.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Jan 2021 13:11

They did lose to their fierce rivals who have so far this season been pretty terrible and are now managed by a joke of a man, that's bound to add a bit of fire to the online flames (generally 'greed though)

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Jan 2021 14:45

Sanguine Yep - Daniel Podence out until end of Feb too.

Short-termism in football. I hate it. Wolves won't go down. Nuno has been brilliant for the club. They only came up three seasons ago, which is hard to believe, and they have spent just seven of the last 40 years in the top flight. And some Wolves fans want him out because they haven't won in six games. It's not like they are getting marmelised either - Liverpool the only side to beat them by more than a goal since September.

The crux of your point is "some" Wolves fans.
Such is football that the few tend to have the loudest voices and don't reflect the views of the majority.

5336 posts