5530 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Weekend Football

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jan 2020 22:02

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Villa nick a completely undeserved draw at Leicester

Hope for a Leicester City final here

Undeserved despite being 1-0 up for the majority of the game and playing well?

They played OK Villa but they rode their luck and anyone could see 21 shots to 3 shouldn’t result in a draw whatsoever

Were an injury hit Aston Villa meant to go to Leicester and play open and expansive football? All things considered in their current injury crisis they deserve a lot of credit.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Jan 2020 22:05

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Undeserved despite being 1-0 up for the majority of the game and playing well?

They played OK Villa but they rode their luck and anyone could see 21 shots to 3 shouldn’t result in a draw whatsoever

Were an injury hit Aston Villa meant to go to Leicester and play open and expansive football? All things considered in their current injury crisis they deserve a lot of credit.

Not denying that

All I’m saying is Leicester deserved to win the game and it’s testament to how good a side Rodgers has got Leicester to be considering how teams approach them now

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jan 2020 22:07

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Not denying that

All I’m saying is Leicester deserved to win the game and it’s testament to how good a side Rodgers has got Leicester to be considering how teams approach them now

Thought Leicester were poor until they made their 2nd half subs, didn't seem up for it in the 1st half.

Think they win the 2nd leg comfortably though.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Jan 2020 16:58

I think Palace will beat Arsenal this weekend. Woy will do the bizzo.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 13 Jan 2020 11:22

Good to see Drinkwater getting back into the swing of things with an assist to his mate, Riyad.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jan 2020 12:22

stealthpapes Good to see Drinkwater getting back into the swing of things with an assist to his mate, Riyad.

Has there been a better example of late of a players career dropping off a cliff as a result of making a bad transfer decision.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Jan 2020 12:37

Stranded
stealthpapes Good to see Drinkwater getting back into the swing of things with an assist to his mate, Riyad.

Has there been a better example of late of a players career dropping off a cliff as a result of making a bad transfer decision.

Not sure how trippling his wage by moving to a top 4 club is a bad decision? It has set him up for life and given his family security.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 13 Jan 2020 12:53

For four appearances, that's an absolute bargain. You've got to say he'd be delighted with that.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Jan 2020 14:11

It might be time to start a thread dedicated to Watford. What a side, what a manager.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 13 Jan 2020 16:49

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Villa nick a completely undeserved draw at Leicester

Hope for a Leicester City final here

Undeserved despite being 1-0 up for the majority of the game and playing well?

You clearly didn't go to Swindon for the 0-0 when Neil Webb was first put on the bench.
From memory Swindon has 20 corners to our …. zero and a gazillion shots.
We still deserved the draw, though :wink:

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 13 Jan 2020 20:20

Last edited by stealthpapes on 14 Jan 2020 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Jan 2020 23:47

I think the McBurnie thing is a sad representation of the society we now live in. Seriously, he’s just enjoying a game of football with some friends, why does there have to be a big deal about everything

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Jan 2020 11:11

URZZZZ I think the McBurnie thing is a sad representation of the society we now live in. Seriously, he’s just enjoying a game of football with some friends, why does there have to be a big deal about everything

I think we can and should expect our professional footballers not to make w@nker gestures at other fans, whatever capacity in which they are at a game.

p.s. if that counts as 'enjoying a game of football' then I really have left the game behind.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 11:16

Sanguine
URZZZZ I think the McBurnie thing is a sad representation of the society we now live in. Seriously, he’s just enjoying a game of football with some friends, why does there have to be a big deal about everything

I think we can and should expect our professional footballers not to make w@nker gestures at other fans, whatever capacity in which they are at a game.

p.s. if that counts as 'enjoying a game of football' then I really have left the game behind.

Theres no issue with professional footballers going to a watch a game amongst other supporters, its good to see. Quite how he is dense enough to believe that he would get away with making gestures is beyond me and testiment to how thick a lot of footballers are.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 11:20

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine

Theres no issue with professional footballers going to a watch a game amongst other supporters, its good to see. Quite how he is dense enough to believe that he would get away with making gestures is beyond me and testiment to how thick a lot of footballers are.

Didn't he get done for drink driving recently as well?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 11:22

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Sanguine

Didn't he get done for drink driving recently as well?

Yep. Thick as mince.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-s ... e-50322752

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 12:00

Sanguine

Footballers are humans too. They're not robots.

Many people nowadays complain that footballers are too detached from the supporters. You finally see McBurnie acting like a "supporter" and this happens

Don't disagree particularly with your last point but it's just how a lot of supporters do behave now, goading opposition supporters

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Jan 2020 12:01

URZZZZ
Sanguine

Many people nowadays complain that footballers are too detached from the supporters. You finally see McBurnie acting like a "supporter" and this happens

Don't disagree particularly with your last point but it's just how a lot of supporters do behave now, goading opposition supporters

You can be 'like' other supporters without being a gurning, gesturing idiot.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 12:03

URZZZZ
Sanguine

He acted like a bellend, not a football supporter. He is a professional footballer, probably on around 40k a week and with that comes responsibility. By all means go to games, be a supporter but in the back of your mind he should have known he would be picked up on TV and he has to set an example.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 12:10

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Sanguine

He acted like a bellend, not a football supporter. He is a professional footballer, probably on around 40k a week and with that comes responsibility. By all means go to games, be a supporter but in the back of your mind he should have known he would be picked up on TV and he has to set an example.

100% agreed.

He may have got caught up in the moment, but he should've considered that beforehand.

Wasn't McIntyre in the crowd for the Brentford away game? I saw Matt Mills in the away end when we went to Cardiff once.

5530 posts