SpuROFLs

884 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SpuROFLs

by genome » 05 Mar 2020 09:22

Hoop Blah No excuse for Dier’s behaviour and I think it shows just how bad things have got, both for the club and, more importantly, on a personal level for Dier.

This is a sign that he’s snapped and although he will have to face some form of ban and punishment it looks to me like he needs some support from Spurs to get his head right.

Mourinho has again ended up working in what seems to be a very negative, of not toxic, environment. How many times does that need to happen before clubs stop paying him £15m a year to blag a living?

It was already toxic at Spurs long before Mourinho arrived.

They're in complete shambles, but honestly, I don't think you can blame this one on Jose.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Mar 2020 09:28

genome
Hoop Blah No excuse for Dier’s behaviour and I think it shows just how bad things have got, both for the club and, more importantly, on a personal level for Dier.

This is a sign that he’s snapped and although he will have to face some form of ban and punishment it looks to me like he needs some support from Spurs to get his head right.

Mourinho has again ended up working in what seems to be a very negative, of not toxic, environment. How many times does that need to happen before clubs stop paying him £15m a year to blag a living?

They're in complete shambles, but honestly, I don't think you can blame this one on Jose.

It was, which makes the appointment of Mourinho even more bizarre in retrospect. Why hire a manager, who whilst reknowned for success in the short term, makes the environment toxic over time to try and turn round a toxic atmosphere?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Mar 2020 09:33

Stranded
genome

It was, which makes the appointment of Mourinho even more bizarre in retrospect. Why hire a manager, who whilst reknowned for success in the short term, makes the environment toxic over time to try and turn round a toxic atmosphere?

From the outside looking in I would say there was a school of thought a lot of the players had become too comfortable under Poch and the Spurs higher ups wanted a strict disciplinarian to go in and shake things up and bring the players back in line. I am really not sure this will work at Spurs with the current crop of players, Daniel Levy will need to fund a complete overhaul in the summer or the Mourinho project will be doomed.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Mar 2020 09:34

genome It was already toxic at Spurs long before Mourinho arrived.

That’s fair I suppose, it was in decline from about this time last season.

He was brought in in November to fix things though and they just seem to have got worse in the 3 and a half months he’s been in charge. He got some results from his negative tactics, as is his way, but compare his impact to the likes of Pearson or Ancelotti, or even OGS after Mourinho at United, and it’s far from impressive.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Mar 2020 09:39

Hoop Blah
genome It was already toxic at Spurs long before Mourinho arrived.

That’s fair I suppose, it was in decline from about this time last season.

He was brought in in November to fix things though and they just seem to have got worse in the 3 and a half months he’s been in charge. He got some results from his negative tactics, as is his way, but compare his impact to the likes of Pearson or Ancelotti, or even OGS after Mourinho at United, and it’s far from impressive.

The last 4 games have been awful granted, but before that, he'd taken the most points out of anyone in the league bar Klopp since his appointment.

Let's not forget he's without Spurs' only two world-class players. I'm no Mourinho fanboy but there are big mitigating circumstances here.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Mar 2020 09:52

genome The last 4 games have been awful granted, but before that, he'd taken the most points out of anyone in the league bar Klopp since his appointment.

Let's not forget he's without Spurs' only two world-class players. I'm no Mourinho fanboy but there are big mitigating circumstances here.

For me it’s about the atmosphere and performances more than the results, which is perhaps the wrong way to judge Mourinho as it isn’t really why he’s employed.

Since the turn of the year they’ve only managed 10 points from 7 games and sit solidly mid-table on form as a result. Missing Kane and Son is obviously a blow, but he’s there to manage such issues, like OGS is having to without Rashford and Pogba. All he seems to do is moan about them missing and make sure we all know it’s an excuse for their form.

In reality he should be finding a way to use Moura and Ali as a more than capable temporary front two in the meantime.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 05 Mar 2020 11:08

Hoop Blah
genome The last 4 games have been awful granted, but before that, he'd taken the most points out of anyone in the league bar Klopp since his appointment.

For me it’s about the atmosphere and performances more than the results, which is perhaps the wrong way to judge Mourinho as it isn’t really why he’s employed.

Since the turn of the year they’ve only managed 10 points from 7 games and sit solidly mid-table on form as a result. Missing Kane and Son is obviously a blow, but he’s there to manage such issues, like OGS is having to without Rashford and Pogba. All he seems to do is moan about them missing and make sure we all know it’s an excuse for their form.

In reality he should be finding a way to use Moura and Ali as a more than capable temporary front two in the meantime.

Do we blame the stadium? Some sort of West Ham-esque issues going on?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Mar 2020 09:30

It’s enjoyable watching this busted flush destroying another club’s morale, amply illustrated by yet again throwing players under the bus, tactics that worked so well at Man Utd.

And yet it’s also a shame after the great entertainment provided by Spurs under Poch.

I couldn’t believe the astute Levy went for Mourinho in the first place, it’s been obvious for years he is finished as a top flight manager. It’s just a matter of when not whether his stifling of players results in disquiet, dissatisfaction and ultimately disaster.

He has been left behind by the game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Apr 2020 15:46

Why are Spurs players/staff so thick? Aurier and Sissoko caught training together. That’s the third time now they’ve been caught flouting the rules

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jun 2020 05:34

Mourinho really is a cock. First penalty, the Spurs player leans on the United player and gives him a massive shove in the back. Penalty any day of the week with or without VAR. Second penalty, the player loses balance, falls over and doesn't appeal. Correct decision by VAR to overturn the penalty award but clearly no attempt to con the ref so no yellow card.

Admittedly, I only saw highlights but I think Mourinho would be better served addressing some of Spurs' shocking defending because from what I saw, Lloris won them a point. I guess its a bit too early in the script for him to be throwing players under the bus quite yet though.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Jun 2020 09:47

From Despair To Where? Mourinho really is a cock. First penalty, the Spurs player leans on the United player and gives him a massive shove in the back. Penalty any day of the week with or without VAR. Second penalty, the player loses balance, falls over and doesn't appeal. Correct decision by VAR to overturn the penalty award but clearly no attempt to con the ref so no yellow card.

Admittedly, I only saw highlights but I think Mourinho would be better served addressing some of Spurs' shocking defending because from what I saw, Lloris won them a point. I guess its a bit too early in the script for him to be throwing players under the bus quite yet though.

Not just the defence that needs addressing either, pretty poor all over and blunt in attack, seem to have regressed a lot from last season

Second United penalty highlights the advantages of VAR, coming to a quick and correct decision

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Jun 2020 10:39

He is a oxf*rd shocking manager in this day and age with great tachrkaians such as pep and klopp

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Jun 2020 13:56

Not sure playing the "small club" card is going to wash with many either.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 02 Jul 2020 18:51

:D At Spurs players having a go at the ref.
He gave the goal you oxf*rd idiots. Blame VAR

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Jul 2020 23:15

Could finish bottom half?!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Jul 2020 01:31

To have a defence of Aurier, Dier and Davies at the level they want to be at is unforgivable, and to be fair, Sanchez really isn’t much better

I’d say if they get some proper defenders in, and a holding midfielder, they’ll fare well next season

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Jul 2020 06:56

Royality creeps In :D At Spurs players having a go at the ref.
He gave the goal you oxf*rd idiots. Blame VAR

If it wasn't for the ridiculous VAR decision in the reverse game that cost Sheff Utd a goal because there was a 0.5mm offside ten minutes before the goal, I just might have had some sympathy for them. Apparently, these things even themselves out. 8)

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 03 Jul 2020 07:03

Maureens days must be numbered. He was bought in to improve them and win something.
However, he has taken them backwards as their trophy cabinet gathers more dust

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Jul 2020 07:42

Royality creeps In Maureens days must be numbered. He was bought in to improve them and win something.

He was brought in to pick up after Poch and start the project again, which is what he is doing. He will have indentified the players who no longer want to be there and they will be shifted out inn the summer. Mourinho needs to bring his own men in that fit his style of play, Spurs currently don't have those sort of players. He needs time and money in order to get Spurs up the table and he will do that because he is a hugely successful manager with a record comparible to any of the elite coaches in history.

Show some damn respect and grow up,

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 03 Jul 2020 09:28

Old Man Andrews
Royality creeps In Maureens days must be numbered. He was bought in to improve them and win something.

He was brought in to pick up after Poch and start the project again, which is what he is doing. He will have indentified the players who no longer want to be there and they will be shifted out inn the summer. Mourinho needs to bring his own men in that fit his style of play, Spurs currently don't have those sort of players. He needs time and money in order to get Spurs up the table and he will do that because he is a hugely successful manager with a record comparible to any of the elite coaches in history.

Show some damn respect and grow up,

Maureen has only succeeded with money. Big time Charlie who wouldn't be able to do anything with our current squad.

Oh and its nice to see after all that's gone on in the last few months. You OMA have returned and are still an utter oxf*rd!

884 posts