SpuROFLs

884 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: SpuROFLs

by BR0B0T » 10 Jul 2020 21:27

Royality creeps In Mourinho took Man U backwards, which I personally found quite amusing. Solskjær a manager with very little experience has come in and taken them to another level, getting the best out of the players. Fair play to the guy.

Depends on the players they had tbf. Utd may not have bought Bruno if it wasn't for injuries to pretty much most of the midfield and Herrera leaving. Martial, Rashford and Mason are only as good as the supply they get

Ole's Utd were shit when he has had to rely on Mata, Lingard and Perreira in the attacking roles. Matic, Fred & McTominay in the midfield have come good but were also shit for long periods, also total lack of creativity. Rashford as a no.9 for 6 weeks when Martial was injured was also poor.

Ole has got rid of a lot of deadwood (Lukaku, FeLOLaini etc) and more have to go...Sanchez, Rojo, Jones, Perreira, Lingard etc

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Jul 2020 21:28

JM also got Utd a second-place finish, League Cup and a Europa league tbf which is better than anyone since Fergie

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Jul 2020 21:57

Spurs were superb to watch under Poch for much of his spell. No team Mourinho has ever managed have been superb to watch.

He used to be a very effective manager, brilliant at setting up his teams for the big games.

But he’s totally out of date, and has been a toxic destructive influence wherever he’s been during much of the last decade. And he’s a total cnut of course.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Jul 2020 22:18

Royal Rother Spurs were superb to watch under Poch for much of his spell. No team Mourinho has ever managed have been superb to watch.

He used to be a very effective manager, brilliant at setting up his teams for the big games.

But he’s totally out of date, and has been a toxic destructive influence wherever he’s been during much of the last decade. And he’s a total cnut of course.

'greed! He just seems done as a manager!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Jul 2020 23:00

Royal Rother Spurs were superb to watch under Poch for much of his spell. No team Mourinho has ever managed have been superb to watch.

I dunno, the first 2 years at Chelsea was pretty decent.

P38 W29 D8 L1 GS72 GA15 GD+57 P95

P38 W29 D4 L5 GS72 GA22 GD+50 P91

But on the whole, agreed.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Jul 2020 00:18

I think there is an argument that Mourinho isn't suited to the Premier League anymore but to suggest he isn't a good manager shows how some of you lack basic footballing knowledge. As BR0B0T said earlier Mourinho did more with United than anyone since Fergie, did remarkably well in fact.
I think a return to Italy or Spain would suit his tactics and personality a lot better, he'd do well at Juve when Sarri goes (supporters hate Sarri) or Atletico Madrid should Simeone move on.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Jul 2020 07:25

Hendo

I dunno, the first 2 years at Chelsea was pretty decent.

P38 W29 D8 L1 GS72 GA15 GD+57 P95

P38 W29 D4 L5 GS72 GA22 GD+50 P91

But on the whole, agreed.

That's results, not how good they were to watch.
If you're going to concede only 15 then your goal difference is going to be pretty spectacular

Those of us that saw Reading win 13 on the trot will recall that in a significant number of those games (and on in that season) we were not much to watch, but very efficient.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jul 2020 22:11

Snowflake Royal Lol. Like Poch didn't dramatically improve Spurs just because he didn't win a trophy. :lol:

Shock horror that top 6 team partially judged on the amount of trophies they win :!:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jul 2020 22:17

BR0B0T
Royality creeps In Mourinho took Man U backwards, which I personally found quite amusing. Solskjær a manager with very little experience has come in and taken them to another level, getting the best out of the players. Fair play to the guy.

Depends on the players they had tbf. Utd may not have bought Bruno if it wasn't for injuries to pretty much most of the midfield and Herrera leaving. Martial, Rashford and Mason are only as good as the supply they get

Ole's Utd were shit when he has had to rely on Mata, Lingard and Perreira in the attacking roles. Matic, Fred & McTominay in the midfield have come good but were also shit for long periods, also total lack of creativity. Rashford as a no.9 for 6 weeks when Martial was injured was also poor.

Ole has got rid of a lot of deadwood (Lukaku, FeLOLaini etc) and more have to go...Sanchez, Rojo, Jones, Perreira, Lingard etc

Don’t think Lukaku or Fellaini were ever that bad to be honest. Don’t think they were prime “United” quality of course but there were many worse in that United squad with those two in it

As we’ve seen at Reading before, the unfair criticism arises from them being manager favourites, and not strictly their actual performance on the pitch

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jul 2020 18:28

GTFI

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 Jul 2020 18:38

ArsenaLOL

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 12 Jul 2020 19:26

Mourinho's 200th Premier League win - joins a fairly exclusive club - assume everyone knows who the others are?
(four I think) :mrgreen: 8)

....win percentage interesting too - he's around 61%

Juergen and Pep both currently above that rate - do have a fair way to go to reach 200 : Pep's outstanding at a remarkable 74%.

Cannot see anyone surpassing Fergie's 500 plus wins for many a yonk - at a very respectable 65%.

(there , I've given you one of them! :wink: )

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 12 Jul 2020 20:48

Why is the seating black in their new stadium?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 12 Jul 2020 21:02

Winston Biscuit Why is the seating black in their new stadium?

...not been yet so dunno but I'd have expected them to have been more Navy ... Can't say I noticed - I'll look closer next time Spuds have a home game.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Jul 2020 21:03

Winston Biscuit Why is the seating black in their new stadium?

The last of us is too dark!

Why are the seats in the new spurs stadium black?!

Winst, turn the brightness up on your tv :wink:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 12 Jul 2020 21:10

Looked a lot better with Alderweireld there today, certainly need an upgrade with the fullbacks this summer, especially Aurier

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jul 2020 16:42

Fcuk me Harry Kane is good.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Jul 2020 17:37

Old Man Andrews Fcuk me Harry Kane is good.

I heard Mourinho was going to ruin him?
That theory has gone quiet recently

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Jul 2020 17:46

URZZZZ

Who said that? They obviously know nothing about football then because Moutinho knows what he is doing with players. He's an arrogant oxf*rd but he's a good manager. He will keep Kane at his best and Kane us world class so he won't just stop being good
Last edited by Simmops on 19 Jul 2020 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jul 2020 17:47

URZZZZ

Thing with Kane is he wasn't properly fit when Jose first took over. A world class player will be a world class player regardless of who the manager is.

884 posts