SpuROFLs

884 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SpuROFLs

by Sanguine » 03 Aug 2021 13:52

I would, DD. I don't get 'scared' by people and I'm also confident enough that I'm not grossly offensive. Whilst I'm not rude enough to call you a bellend to your face, I'd certainly tell you that you either couldn't understand my point, or were choosing to ignore it, and that that was stupid.

If you understood what I'd written you'd have engaged with it. Football contracts have, broadly speaking, long since stopped being about legally enforceable contract terms. If Kane wants to go, he'll go. It's the bind clubs face in that a player's value could nosedive where a contract dispute sees their form fall off a cliff. Is it fair on clubs? Probably not. But Kane is worth more now than he will be at any point in the future.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 14:07

Sanguine I would, DD. I don't get 'scared' by people and I'm also confident enough that I'm not grossly offensive. Whilst I'm not rude enough to call you a bellend to your face, I'd certainly tell you that you either couldn't understand my point, or were choosing to ignore it, and that that was stupid.

If you understood what I'd written you'd have engaged with it. Football contracts have, broadly speaking, long since stopped being about legally enforceable contract terms. If Kane wants to go, he'll go. It's the bind clubs face in that a player's value could nosedive where a contract dispute sees their form fall off a cliff. Is it fair on clubs? Probably not. But Kane is worth more now than he will be at any point in the future.

I am really unsure as to why you are starting an argument with me and being aggressive and rude for no reason

At the end of the day the facts are.... He wants to go and believe he has a right to do so because of a handshake. Levy says no and is digging his heels in. Maybe Kane is right, who knows we were not there. Now Kane is acting like a spoilt oxf*rd brat by having a tantrum and not doing the job he is paid for when he is the national teams captain and should be a role model.

He should just oxf*rd get on with it tbh.

All okay at home?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Aug 2021 14:08

All just fine at home. And disagreeing with you, or pointing out that you've not understood my point isn't being rude or aggressive.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 14:17

Sanguine All just fine at home. And disagreeing with you, or pointing out that you've not understood my point isn't being rude or aggressive.

You called me abusive names for no reason. That is not nice when I have not done anything wrong at all.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Aug 2021 09:51

Jeez.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Aug 2021 11:12

Anyway lads. Spurs are a basket case.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 26 Sep 2021 17:41

Repeat and fade.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 26 Sep 2021 19:24

Lovely stuff.
They are still celebrating their top of the League after 3 matches cup :D :D

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Sep 2021 22:27

Just embarrassing. To still be lining up with that trio at the back (Lloris, Sanchez and Dier) is unforgivable. Time and time again it hasn’t worked yet they persist with it

Mourinho was lambasted on a regular basis for not playing Alli but he just isn’t a very good footballer. Ineffective, weak, ponderous, can’t really think of any redeeming features that he offers. Not working for Kane either who clearly doesn’t want to be at Spurs anymore

Nuno is an OK manager who did well on the whole at Wolves but he was the wrong call for Spurs. He really wasn’t the answer for them

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Sep 2021 06:23

URZZZZ Just embarrassing. To still be lining up with that trio at the back (Lloris, Sanchez and Dier) is unforgivable. Time and time again it hasn’t worked yet they persist with it

Mourinho was lambasted on a regular basis for not playing Alli but he just isn’t a very good footballer. Ineffective, weak, ponderous, can’t really think of any redeeming features that he offers. Not working for Kane either who clearly doesn’t want to be at Spurs anymore

Nuno is an OK manager who did well on the whole at Wolves but he was the wrong call for Spurs. He really wasn’t the answer for them

None of the right answers would go there.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 27 Sep 2021 06:55

When Arsenal were bottom a couple of weeks ago, Spurs were top. Arsenal are now above Spurs.

( I far prefer Spurs, but that is lolz humiliation after yesterday).

Ps something vaguely similar happened to us and QPR the past couple of weeks.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Sep 2021 08:52

URZZZZ Just embarrassing. To still be lining up with that trio at the back (Lloris, Sanchez and Dier) is unforgivable. Time and time again it hasn’t worked yet they persist with it

Their error was in the final 18 months of Pocchetino. They didn't back him and refresh the squad. The likes of Alli, Eriksen and Alli could have brought in decent fees and used to rebuild. Instead they were allowed to grow stale, as happens to many great teams. His era ended badly and they compounded that by a disastrous Mourinho era where a lot of money was badly spent. Nuno basically has no chance of lasting at Spurs as he arrives on the back of over 3 years poor decisions.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Sep 2021 11:03

WestYorksRoyal

Their error was in the final 18 months of Pocchetino. They didn't back him and refresh the squad. The likes of Alli, Eriksen and Alli could have brought in decent fees and used to rebuild. Instead they were allowed to grow stale, as happens to many great teams. His era ended badly and they compounded that by a disastrous Mourinho era where a lot of money was badly spent. Nuno basically has no chance of lasting at Spurs as he arrives on the back of over 3 years poor decisions.

Agreed to an extent. The CL was a platform they could have built on but they didn’t make the necessary adjustments to improve. They’d ended that league season awfully and never really picked up again, the anomalous CL run diverting from what was a disappointing ending domestically

Then again, they did spend £120 million that summer (or approx) on N’Dombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clarke. The first two have shown flashes but not really delivered. Certainly not reflected the transfer fees paid for them

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Sep 2021 11:50

Kane does not want to be there at all

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Sep 2021 11:53

I think Levy, Kane and Tottenham are all going to be feeling they’ve missed a trick with this one.

If Kane’s current form continues he isn’t going anywhere for the stupid money and Tottenham won’t be getting close to winning anything.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 27 Sep 2021 12:18

I really hope Kane is that pissed off he'll run his contract down and join Arsenal on a Bosman just to get back at Levy.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 27 Sep 2021 15:04

Selling Kane for mega money last month was Levy's get out of jail free card for this (and possibly next) season.

Surely one look at the squad would have shown that they are still in decline and need to rebuild - thats what Nuno could have done - with a free hit of a season and 100M in transfers.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Sep 2021 20:51

6ft Kerplunk I really hope Kane is that pissed off he'll run his contract down and join Arsenal on a Bosman just to get back at Levy.

He played like he’d already joined them on Sunday

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 25 Nov 2021 19:43

Pub team 2 SpuROFLs 1

Just oxf*rd LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Whilst we are struggling at least there's always SpuROFLs to put a smile back on ones face

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Nov 2021 07:53

Royality creeps In Pub team 2 SpuROFLs 1

Just oxf*rd LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Whilst we are struggling at least there's always SpuROFLs to put a smile back on ones face

Last kick own goal to top it off :lol:

884 posts