SpuROFLs

884 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: SpuROFLs

by URZZZZ » 01 Mar 2020 20:54

Mourinho is doing a very good job considering Kane has been out for a while, no Son, no Eriksen anymore, no Sissoko, no Lloris etc...

Their defence is an absolute joke and I expect that area to be reinforced in the summer and Tottenham challenging next season

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Mar 2020 00:55

URZZZZ Mourinho is doing a very good job considering Kane has been out for a while, no Son, no Eriksen anymore, no Sissoko, no Lloris etc...

Their defence is an absolute joke and I expect that area to be reinforced in the summer and Tottenham challenging next season

No he isn’t.

And the mans the biggest cnut on the planet.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 05:00

leon
URZZZZ Mourinho is doing a very good job considering Kane has been out for a while, no Son, no Eriksen anymore, no Sissoko, no Lloris etc...

No he isn’t.

Yes he is

He’s a better manager than Pochettino who was failing with a Spurs squad with all his key players fit. Doesn’t matter what you think of him as a person, he’s done well there

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 07:44

URZZZZ
leon

No he isn’t.

Yes he is

He’s a better manager than Pochettino who was failing with a Spurs squad with all his key players fit. Doesn’t matter what you think of him as a person, he’s done well there

He hasn't even remotely "done well". I am a big Mourinho fan btw, I would be the first to stick up for him but I am also honest and I also understand football unlke you seemingly.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Mar 2020 09:13

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
leon
No he isn’t.

Yes he is

He hasn't even remotely "done well". I am a big Mourinho fan btw, I would be the first to stick up for him but I am also honest and I also understand football unlke you seemingly.

You clearly do not understand football, as a person in a family full of Spurs season ticket holders who actually do understand football (including a UEFA level coach and former pro) he has done well.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Mar 2020 09:17

I think he has done ok, not well but not badly. He certainly hasn't been helped by the injuries. Still think they will qualify for Champions League and at the end of the day, this should be their goal for the season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 09:28

DD still trying to talk to me despite being instructed not to. Sad individual.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 02 Mar 2020 09:34

OMA still making it boringly obvious to the world he has blocked me. Sad Individual.

I can talk to the general forum here which I am doing.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Mar 2020 11:40

Before losing Son, Spurs' record since Boxing Day was WDLDLWDWDWWW which is pretty good, in fact, after the Villa game Mourinho had taken the most points in the league of anyone except Klopp since his appointment.

Losing Son has just knocked the wind out of their sails... they've also faced 3 pretty good sides since then too.

Mourinho is doing a decent job all things considered.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Mar 2020 13:14

I am in the "Mourinho hasn't done particularly well camp" for somebody thought to be special and rumoured to be one of the highest paid managers in the world.
What he has been renowned for is organising the defensive side of a team but that just hasn't happened.

If Liverpool is a club where the fans' expectations are high, Spurs are even worse.
The club has not won a title for nearly 50 years when clubs like Villa, Forest, Blackburn, Leicester etc have.

For those that believe football was invented when the Premier League was created Spurs' record is not that of a top club.
Goal difference for them since inception (not including this season) is +248 and for this season just +7.
By comparison, the following:-
Man Utd +1072
Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all over +700

Interesting Everton, another club with high expectations has a record of just +41

This season could be the first for many years to see no London club in the top 4.
Liverpool, City and Leicester look to have the top 3 slots then comes this scramble for 4th , and possibly relevant this time, 5th.
Wolves and Sheff Utd have serious prospects of keeping the London clubs out of the top 4 as have Man Utd.

The North London clubs now have 2 of the largest grounds in the country but not matched on the pitch where they stand 7th and 10th with no signs of ending up much higher.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 13:41

South Coast Royal I am in the "Mourinho hasn't done particularly well camp" for somebody thought to be special and rumoured to be one of the highest paid managers in the world.
What he has been renowned for is organising the defensive side of a team but that just hasn't happened.

If Liverpool is a club where the fans' expectations are high, Spurs are even worse.
The club has not won a title for nearly 50 years when clubs like Villa, Forest, Blackburn, Leicester etc have.

For those that believe football was invented when the Premier League was created Spurs' record is not that of a top club.
Goal difference for them since inception (not including this season) is +248 and for this season just +7.
Man Utd +1072

Interesting Everton, another club with high expectations has a record of just +41

This season could be the first for many years to see no London club in the top 4.
Liverpool, City and Leicester look to have the top 3 slots then comes this scramble for 4th , and possibly relevant this time, 5th.
Wolves and Sheff Utd have serious prospects of keeping the London clubs out of the top 4 as have Man Utd.

The North London clubs now have 2 of the largest grounds in the country but not matched on the pitch where they stand 7th and 10th with no signs of ending up much higher.

Because their defence is a calamity

Aurier and Sanchez make countless errors
Vertonghen and Alderweireld are both past their twilight
Tanganga is still very inexperienced and an indicament of Spurs' woes that he's getting regular game time
Davies will never be a world class full back
Dier is clearly not good enough either

You can have any manager in the world and they'd concede plenty of goals with that defence

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 13:46

URZZZZ
South Coast Royal I am in the "Mourinho hasn't done particularly well camp" for somebody thought to be special and rumoured to be one of the highest paid managers in the world.

Man Utd +1072

Tanganga is still very inexperienced and an indicament of Spurs' woes that he's getting regular game time

You can have any manager in the world and they'd concede plenty of goals with that defence

That makes absolutely no sense.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 13:47

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Man Utd +1072

Both entering their twilight years

At the ages of 31 and 32, they're no-where near as good as they used to be

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 13:48

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

They are either entering their twilight years or completely beyond their twilight years.

You mean past their prime?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 13:50

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews That makes absolutely no sense.

They are either entering their twilight years or completely beyond their twilight years.

That'll do

Think Alderweireld should have jumped ship a couple of years ago while his stock was high, he was a quality defender then. Now, not so sure many top teams will be that interested in him, had a poor season

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 13:55

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

That'll do

Think Alderweireld should have jumped ship a couple of years ago while his stock was high, he was a quality defender then. Now, not so sure many top teams will be that interested in him, had a poor season

He plays in a defence that needs protection and that is something Spurs do not have right now. I don't rate Dier at all and he is massively out of his depth. Dele Alli cannot defend for toffee, winks is lightweight, the jury is very much out on Ndombele. I rate Alderweireld but at this stage of his career he needs help around him.
Thinking about it Spurs need a new signing in every position this summer, can't see Mourinho being given the money tbh.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 05 Mar 2020 02:07

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 Mar 2020 08:39

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Mar 2020 08:47

Winston Biscuit

The wheels are well and truly off at Spurs.

I have no idea what is in Dier's head here. I get that he or his younger brother were getting abuse (which is wrong btw) but as a professional you have to be above it sometimes and have the intelligence to realise that something like this is the wrong thing to do. If a supporter entered the field of play to contront or attack a player they would likely get a lifetime ban and arrested so it will be interesting to see what happens with Dier.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Mar 2020 09:11

No excuse for Dier’s behaviour and I think it shows just how bad things have got, both for the club and, more importantly, on a personal level for Dier.

This is a sign that he’s snapped and although he will have to face some form of ban and punishment it looks to me like he needs some support from Spurs to get his head right.

Mourinho has again ended up working in what seems to be a very negative, of not toxic, environment. How many times does that need to happen before clubs stop paying him £15m a year to blag a living?

884 posts