SpuROFLs

884 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: SpuROFLs

by NathStPaul » 03 Aug 2021 09:30

genome
NathStPaul Harry Kane has apparently no showed Tottenham pre season training.

Maybe he shouldn't have signed a 6 year contract then.

That is one side of it and the most important side for sure. My only sympathy with Kane is if he has been lied to. If there was an agreement in place that he would be sold and he and Levy shook hands on it then it should have been honoured. I can understand his frustration on that front.
Still should go to work though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Aug 2021 10:42

Yeh not exactly a good look for the England captain.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Aug 2021 10:45

Another no show today. Imagine this will just make Levy dig his heels in even more.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 12:08

Disgraceful from Kane, acting like a spoilt little child

And you have Grealish who has had a bid on him and still rocks up to training and does harder then anybody

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 12:08

I think Spurs fans will be fully justified in boo-ing and abusing Kane because of the way he is acting now

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 12:09

NathStPaul
genome
NathStPaul Harry Kane has apparently no showed Tottenham pre season training.

Maybe he shouldn't have signed a 6 year contract then.

That is one side of it and the most important side for sure. My only sympathy with Kane is if he has been lied to. If there was an agreement in place that he would be sold and he and Levy shook hands on it then it should have been honoured. I can understand his frustration on that front.
Still should go to work though.

Gentlemens agreements means oxf*rd all

Kane is a mug if he genuinely thinks he has a leg to stand on because of an apparent verbal agreement

For all he knows, Levy could have had his fingers crossed behind his back

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Aug 2021 13:09

Verbal agreements matter, DD. They are about trust. It may be the case that Kane signed his new contract on the basis that it provided value to Spurs as a transfer asset, and that he would be allowed to leave. He's no 'mug' for accepting that if that is what was discussed.

And no, Kane won't deserve 'abuse'. Any more than Jack Grealish's wife was told on social media to 'get cancer and die'. Seriously, get a grip.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 13:28

Sanguine Verbal agreements matter, DD. They are about trust. It may be the case that Kane signed his new contract on the basis that it provided value to Spurs as a transfer asset, and that he would be allowed to leave. He's no 'mug' for accepting that if that is what was discussed.

And no, Kane won't deserve 'abuse'. Any more than Jack Grealish's wife was told on social media to 'get cancer and die'. Seriously, get a grip.

Woah hold on a minute. I didn't even know about that last part so you can't use it in an argument.

Verbal agreements may 'matter' but in reality in a court of law they mean oxf*rd all. If he didn't put a get out clause in his contract in writing him and his agent are oxf*rd thick.

You really think he has a leg to stand on in a 'he said she said' situation like this? Get a grip.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Aug 2021 13:30

Simmops
Sanguine Verbal agreements matter, DD. They are about trust. It may be the case that Kane signed his new contract on the basis that it provided value to Spurs as a transfer asset, and that he would be allowed to leave. He's no 'mug' for accepting that if that is what was discussed.

Woah hold on a minute. I didn't even know about that last part so you can't use it in an argument.

Verbal agreements may 'matter' but in reality in a court of law they mean oxf*rd all. If he didn't put a get out clause in his contract in writing him and his agent are oxf*rd thick.

You really think he has a leg to stand on in a 'he said she said' situation like this? Get a grip.

Yeah, didn't think you'd understand softer things like a verbal agreement and nuance. I'm not talking about a court of law, and I'm sure Kane and his agent aren't either.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 13:33

Sanguine
Simmops

Yeah, didn't think you'd understand softer things like a verbal agreement and nuance. I'm not talking about a court of law, and I'm sure Kane and his agent aren't either.

:lol: .
Reverting to type of being a snide little dickhead

I know more then you about verbal agreements, contract laws and nuance pal, you just sit there putting numbers into excel charts.

Verbal agreements mean nothing. He is probably in breach of contract and yes if it goes to court for whatever reason he will get laughed out

"Sorry judge he verbally agreed that I could rob him and I wouldn't get in trouble please let me off"

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2021 13:35

Simmops

Wrong.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Aug 2021 13:38

I wasn't being snide DD, I'm quite open about how much of a bellend I think you are.

You don't understand what I wrote, so you're struggling to engage with it. I'll repeat, just once more, I'm not talking about the courts and the law.

And Hendo is also right, above.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 13:42

Hendo
Simmops

Wrong.

No. It depends on the nuances (see Sanguine) of it. If legal terms were intended to be written down.

Which is bizarre because surely they will be in his contract then?

https://www.farleys.com/verbal-agreemen ... y-binding/

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2021 13:44

Simmops
Hendo
Simmops

Wrong.

No. It depends on the nuances (see Sanguine) of it. If legal terms were intended to be written down.

No you're wrong. You said the mean oxf*rd all, which is wrong - they can be enforced and are just as legally binding as a written contract.

What constitutes a verbal contract?
As with written agreements, a verbal contract requires an offer, an acceptance of that offer, and consideration (i.e., a bargained-for exchange). Once a complete verbal agreement has been made between two “competent” parties, the contract is just as legally binding as a written contract and claims can be made against a breaching party.

https://londonlawpractice.com/how-to-enforce-a-verbal-contract/

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Aug 2021 13:44

Why does anyone respond? Seriously?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 13:44

Sanguine I wasn't being snide DD, I'm quite open about how much of a bellend I think you are.

You don't understand what I wrote, so you're struggling to engage with it. I'll repeat, just once more, I'm not talking about the courts and the law.

Why are you being a dick head? I haven't done anything to you or said anything to you but you play big will.i.am behind a screen.

Ginger pillock

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 13:45

NathStPaul Why does anyone respond? Seriously?

Its called having an adult conversation, something you have never understood nor are capable of.

Sanguines just always been a oxf*rd snide little prick
Last edited by Simmops on 03 Aug 2021 13:48, edited 2 times in total.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 13:46

Hendo
Simmops
Hendo
Wrong.

No you're wrong. You said the mean oxf*rd all, which is wrong - they can be enforced and are just as legally binding as a written contract.

What constitutes a verbal contract?
As with written agreements, a verbal contract requires an offer, an acceptance of that offer, and consideration (i.e., a bargained-for exchange). Once a complete verbal agreement has been made between two “competent” parties, the contract is just as legally binding as a written contract and claims can be made against a breaching party.

https://londonlawpractice.com/how-to-enforce-a-verbal-contract/

Okay well let's be nuanced here then for a minute and take a step back.

I was wrong on that bit yes but all Levy has to do is deny it ever happen and Kane had no proof at all it happened.

He could just say we had no legal terms written or intention to write it. I'm sure Levy isn't dumb when it comes to this.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Aug 2021 13:48

Simmops
Sanguine I wasn't being snide DD, I'm quite open about how much of a bellend I think you are.

Why are you being a dick head? I haven't done anything to you or said anything to you but you play big will.i.am behind a screen.

Ginger pillock

I'm saying you either can't understand what I wrote, or you chose to ignore it. And I'm about as ginger as Tom Selleck.

And I'm not 'playing' anything, I'd say the same to your face.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Aug 2021 13:49

Sanguine
Simmops

Ginger pillock

I'm saying you either can't understand what I wrote, or you chose to ignore it. And I'm about as ginger as Tom Selleck.

And I'm not 'playing' anything, I'd say the same to your face.

I do understand what you wrote but for some reason you're looking for an argument

And No you wouldn't

884 posts