SpuROFLs

884 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: SpuROFLs

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Nov 2020 11:54

Never thought Kane would make it at Spurs based on his spells in the Championship. Spurs fans always rated Tom Carroll as the better prospect too. Safe to say I got that one slightly wrong.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Nov 2020 12:07

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
That’s an incredible achievement given Spurs have only been in the Europa League four times since he’s started playing :D

Jokes aside his record is incredible. I really hope he stays with Spurs his whole career and breaks all their records. Other than Messi it is hard to find a "one club player" in this day and age.

I think if he stays with Spurs, he will break Shearer's Prem record, which I never thought would be beaten.

Think they’ll need to win a trophy in the near future for him to want to stay, even if it is the Europa League

He’s too good a player to remain without a trophy through his career

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Nov 2020 12:19

URZZZZ
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Jokes aside his record is incredible. I really hope he stays with Spurs his whole career and breaks all their records. Other than Messi it is hard to find a "one club player" in this day and age.

I think if he stays with Spurs, he will break Shearer's Prem record, which I never thought would be beaten.

Think they’ll need to win a trophy in the near future for him to want to stay, even if it is the Europa League

He'll have a Premier League winner's medal in May.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Nov 2020 12:23

Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZ
Hendo

He'll have a Premier League winner's medal in May.

How do you know he’s joining Liverpool in January? :wink:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Nov 2020 13:39

Pepe the Horseman Never thought Kane would make it at Spurs based on his spells in the Championship. Spurs fans always rated Tom Carroll as the better prospect too. Safe to say I got that one slightly wrong.

Saw him play when on loan at Norwich and Millwall and he didn't stand out at all and reminded me then of Freddie Sears.
He does seem to have grown since those days and generally developed physically.
A fantastic scoring record and although 6ft 2" doesn't seem to score many headers-I might be wrong but I would guess that he has scored more penalties than headed goals.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Nov 2020 13:52

Kane's ratio is only bettered by Aguero (by 2 games, he had 200 Man City goals in 298 games)

Let's not forget that Kane has had significant injury periods over the last two seasons as well, so it's likely he would be well on the way to Shearer's record by now without those :shock:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Nov 2020 16:23

genome Kane's ratio is only bettered by Aguero (by 2 games, he had 200 Man City goals in 298 games)

Let's not forget that Kane has had significant injury periods over the last two seasons as well, so it's likely he would be well on the way to Shearer's record by now without those :shock:

Shearer was banging them in from 87-88 season

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 06 Nov 2020 16:59

I think he will move to a club with ambition , probably in Europe.
Spurs are too Spursy to win anything.

As stated a few months ago the Arsenal kids have won more than he has.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Nov 2020 10:55

Just seen Kane has 23 goal contributions (13 goals and 10 assists) in 14 games so far this season. He also has comparable defensive stats to both Spurs' centre backs:

Fcuking mad.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 Nov 2020 11:03

We'll know in a month's time whether this Spurs side are genuine contenders - next six league games are City (h), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h), Palace (a), Liverpool (a), Leicester (h).

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Nov 2020 11:04

Kane does too much and is way too relied upon for both club and country, he will burn out again.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Nov 2020 11:41

Sanguine We'll know in a month's time whether this Spurs side are genuine contenders - next six league games are City (h), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h), Palace (a), Liverpool (a), Leicester (h).

Realistically, they’ve got to be looking at a minimum of 10 points here and that’s on the low side, given that Liverpool’s fixture list doesn’t look too bad coming up

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Nov 2020 19:38

If he keeps his strike rate up he will be on 300 goals total in the next 218 games which isnt bad, as he has 150 in 218. Is that a good enough rate to break shearers? Will he get the needed goals before he gets crocked or leaves to real Madrid?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 10 Nov 2020 22:23

genome Just seen Kane has 23 goal contributions (13 goals and 10 assists) in 14 games so far this season. He also has comparable defensive stats to both Spurs' centre backs:

Fcuking mad.

he's not marking strikers tho is he?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 22 Nov 2020 19:55

Fair play to Jose, clearly his defensive approach at previous clubs was just playing to strengths of the relevant clubs. With Spurs he is fully exploiting the embarrassment of attacking riches he has at his disposal. Born to win. Spurs will win the league this year.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Nov 2020 20:03

Nah.

They are still Spurs and always will be Spursy, it's in their DNA. Plus if either Son or Kane get injured they are fcuked. Their issue is they have never had a good squad, very good first 11 but nothing on the bench, especially defensively. Only way it happens is if they are in the top 3 at Christmas and the owner bothers to spend some money. A team with Eric Dier at centre back isn't going to win anything.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Nov 2020 22:22

Old Man Andrews Nah.

They are still Spurs and always will be Spursy, it's in their DNA. Plus if either Son or Kane get injured they are fcuked. Their issue is they have never had a good squad, very good first 11 but nothing on the bench, especially defensively. Only way it happens is if they are in the top 3 at Christmas and the owner bothers to spend some money. A team with Eric Dier at centre back isn't going to win anything.

After the last international break, Spurs had/have:
City (H)
Chelsea (A)
Arsenal (H)
Palace (A)
Liverpool (A)
Leicester (H)
Wolves (A)

Need a good points tally from that lot, couldn’t get off to a better start but José has traditionally struggled at Stamford Bridge in recent theses

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Nov 2020 17:59

WoodleyRoyal Fair play to Jose, clearly his defensive approach at previous clubs was just playing to strengths of the relevant clubs. With Spurs he is fully exploiting the embarrassment of attacking riches he has at his disposal. Born to win. Spurs will win the league this year.

Not sure a league win during the Covid season is really going to count as a league win anyway tbh

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Nov 2020 18:01

Winston Biscuit
WoodleyRoyal Fair play to Jose, clearly his defensive approach at previous clubs was just playing to strengths of the relevant clubs. With Spurs he is fully exploiting the embarrassment of attacking riches he has at his disposal. Born to win. Spurs will win the league this year.

Not sure a league win during the Covid season is really going to count as a league win anyway tbh

:lol: If anything it’s more of an achievement than in normal times. Less time to prepare and a more congested fixture list.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Nov 2020 18:06

Can deffo see

'No one was there to see it mate, it doesn't count'

being said if an unusual team wins it

884 posts