Champions League & Europa League 2018/19

432 posts
Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Champions League & Europa League 2018/19

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Jun 2019 11:49

Maguire
Victor Meldrew Solely on the question of Kane, Hoops has explained far better than me why he wouldn't get in the Liverpool team because of the way they play.
Same goes for Man City-he wouldn't get in their starting team either and maybe even at Arsenal.
I'm afraid Mags that actual football is not championship manager and football is about team play rather than individual stats.

If Kane was at Liverpool they'd just play in a slightly different way. Absolute and utter rubbish to suggest he wouldn't get in the team - any side in world football would love Harry Kane on their playing staff.

"Sorry Lionel, Reading don't play a system that accommodates a free-roaming, goalscoring playmaker, we're strictly 4-4-2 I'm afraid so we're going to have to say no"

Son would also easily get game time for Liverpool as another poster mentions above.

A bit OTT Mags in saying "Absolute and utter rubbish".
They have won a 6th European Cup and achieved the 3rd highest points total in Premier League history so I very much doubt that Kane would get in ahead of Firminho in that fab front 3-he just isn't their type and why on earth would Liverpool want to change the way they play to accommodate an old-fashioned English type of centre forward?

You have mellowed to saying that any team in the world would want Kane on their playing staff but it is , to quote you, "absolute and utter rubbish" to suggest that clubs such as Liverpool, City and Barcelona would start him ahead of their current central strikers.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jun 2019 11:58

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Jun 2019 15:39

Victor Meldrew They have won a 6th European Cup and achieved the 3rd highest points total in Premier League history so I very much doubt that Kane would get in ahead of Firminho in that fab front 3-he just isn't their type and why on earth would Liverpool want to change the way they play to accommodate an old-fashioned English type of centre forward?

Hmm, maybe because they haven't won the league since dinosaurs roamed the earth and Kane would add another 20 goals a season to their roster?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 04 Jun 2019 16:13

guo of roster

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Jun 2019 16:49

Maguire
Victor Meldrew They have won a 6th European Cup and achieved the 3rd highest points total in Premier League history so I very much doubt that Kane would get in ahead of Firminho in that fab front 3-he just isn't their type and why on earth would Liverpool want to change the way they play to accommodate an old-fashioned English type of centre forward?

Hmm, maybe because they haven't won the league since dinosaurs roamed the earth and Kane would add another 20 goals a season to their roster?

They already have the top goalscorer in the country followed closely by the second best so injury-prone and one-dimentional Kane would not be needed other perhaps than as a sub if they wanted to play long ball..

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jun 2019 16:57

Victor Meldrew one-dimentional Kane would not be needed other perhaps than as a sub if they wanted to play long ball..

Jesus Christ this is a terrible opinion

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Jun 2019 17:30

genome
Victor Meldrew one-dimentional Kane would not be needed other perhaps than as a sub if they wanted to play long ball..

Jesus Christ this is a terrible opinion

Not sure what our lord has to do with it but many thanks for your own "terrible opinion" which has contributed nothing to the discussion.
See earlier stuff-Kane wouldn't get into Liverpool's starting line-up; he would only be used , as with Origi, if they wanted to play differently and that is not the quick incisive and intricate play that the current exceptional front 3 deliver.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jun 2019 17:56

You think Kane is one-dimensional and is only suited to hoof-ball.

Enough said. Terrible, terrible opinion

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Jun 2019 19:34

You're forgetting about the power of his magic chin!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 04 Jun 2019 20:39

genome You think Kane is one-dimensional and is only suited to hoof-ball.

Enough said. Terrible, terrible opinion

I said long ball, not hoof ball.
I get the impression that you are quite a fan of Harry Kane.
BTW who the f*** do you think you are deciding that somebody else's opinion is so terrible, terrible?
Dare I suggest that you keep your comments to rounders or whatever sport you might know about and understand.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Jun 2019 20:57

Agreed with genome.

Shocking opinion, have you actually ever seen Kane play?

You can’t say whether one would get in another team as the teams play differently. If Kane had come up through the Liverpool academy, they might not be playing the way the way they do now and Firmino/Sane wouldn’t fit their style.

It’s all oxf*rd pointless anyway.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Jun 2019 21:26

Victor Meldrew BTW who the f*** do you think you are deciding that somebody else's opinion is so terrible, terrible?

Because it's objectively terrible.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Jun 2019 21:28

Hark at Brendy Lite there

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Jun 2019 06:54

Since OMA flounced, you have become by far the worst poster here vic.

Your opinion is utterly laughable and seriously wrong.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Jun 2019 10:55

The Enfield Royal71 Since OMA flounced, you have become by far the worst poster here vic.

Your opinion is utterly laughable and seriously wrong.

And there was me thinking that opinions were opinions with no absolute right or wrongs.
I almost treat it as a compliment that you see me as the " by far the worst poster" as you are known to be not the sharpest tool in the box.
BTW has OMA disappeared?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Jun 2019 11:06

Hendo Agreed with genome.

Shocking opinion, have you actually ever seen Kane play?

You can’t say whether one would get in another team as the teams play differently. If Kane had come up through the Liverpool academy, they might not be playing the way the way they do now and Firmino/Sane wouldn’t fit their style.

It’s all oxf*rd pointless anyway.

I have seen Kane play, mostly on TV like the rest of you.
Ironically I saw him play at Bournemouth last season.
Spurs were losing 1-0 and Kane got injured and went off.
With him no longer playing their game became much more varied and they went on to score 4 and I understand Spurs' record hasn't been that shabby this season when he has been out injured.

You miss the point entirely here.
It is not a question of how Liverpool would play if Kane had come through their system (why on earth you went that way I don't know).
The point was that Kane would not be a starter in this Liverpool system-they have a better option in Firmino to bring out the best in Mane and Salah who, in case you hadn't noticed, scored a hatful of goals last season.

I wonder sometimes on here whether some people can't read and understand English and furthermore have any idea about how football is played-as I said to Mags ,football is not Championship Manager and a real team is made up of many parts so certain players fit certain systems.
It's not just a case of so-and-so scored a lot of goals-you really do need to look at the bigger picture.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jun 2019 11:13

Spectacular hole-digging

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Jun 2019 11:36

genome Spectacular hole-digging

Stock response of the type of person who just doesn't understand.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Jun 2019 12:08

Not really sure why everyone is going in on Vic (and I'm the last to defend him normally) - it's a simple point being made. I don't think anyone is questioning Kane's ability as an individual, but Liverpool's system revolves around the mobility of their front three (even in Firmino's absence, Origi has been a similar player - and look how ineffective Sturridge is in the system).

Incorporating a Kane would mean changing the system around a more fixed centre-forward, and I'm not sure Klopp would want to do that, or that Liverpool would improve by doing that.

On the other side of the argument, there's probably none better in the country than Kane for getting on the end of the fifty crosses a game that TAA and Robertson provide.

Now Son on the other hand would fit their system perfectly.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jun 2019 12:20

Sanguine Not really sure why everyone is going in on Vic (and I'm the last to defend him normally) - it's a simple point being made. I don't think anyone is questioning Kane's ability as an individual, but Liverpool's system revolves around the mobility of their front three (even in Firmino's absence, Origi has been a similar player - and look how ineffective Sturridge is in the system).

Vic said Kane is one-dimensional, which is objectively nonsense.

Kane is more mobile that people give him credit for anyway, he's not especially quick, but he pops up everywhere in Spurs' final third, and is probably one of the best passers of the ball in the league.

432 posts