Champions League & Europa League 2018/19

432 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Champions League & Europa League 2018/19

by BR0B0T » 01 Jun 2019 22:08

Royal Rother It NEVER works bringing someone back into a big game after long term injury. We’ve seen it in numerous World Cups. Honestly it’s pathetic.

was thinking the same thing (obvs haven't bothered to actually check it)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2019 22:18

Why is Glen Hoddle such a nob?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 01 Jun 2019 22:28

What a terrible game. Spurs showed what a load of shite they are as they stumbled their way to the final and the scouse outfit bumbled their way to a win.
What a total anti climax.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jun 2019 22:30

Royal Rother Robertson’s contact with Trippier’s face was accidental. Should he have been sent off? Of course not.

Sissoko’s handball was accidental, in fact he was trying to get his arm out of the way but the 100th of a second twitch movement took him towards the ball resulting in accidental contact - yet a penalty was given.

Unsatisfactory.

A foul doesn't have to be deliberate mate. Obviously not even remotely cardable.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Jun 2019 22:40

I know.

In fact the ref was the best participant on the pitch (apart from VVD again). It’s just unsatisfactory to me the way a game can be won inside 30 secs due to an accident that there was only a remote chance prevented a goal.

Accidental handballs in the penalty area turn a game in a way that is just not fair or balanced. (IMO)
Last edited by Royal Rother on 01 Jun 2019 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 01 Jun 2019 22:42

From Despair To Where? Why is Glen Hoddle such a nob?

Think Lineker has had enough and is baiting him now just to see how successful that heart surgery was.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2019 22:45

I appreciate Huddle's there to give a Spurs perspective but come on man, Spurs were fcuking shite and Liverpool didn't have to be much better.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Jun 2019 22:50

Actual LOL from the Arsenal fans piling in on Twitter. Spurs were disappointing (well, both sides were) but Jesus Christ have some self-awareness :lol:

Spurs can be proud of the journey, looking forward to seeing what they will do next year, keep the manager and invest and they'll get across the line eventually.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Jun 2019 00:05

I do feel sorry for Spurs fans, I know what it's like to see my team get to a final and put in an insufferably w@nk performance.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jun 2019 00:17

funny that you should say that :lol: :o

Tbf, Well done Scarrzers...deserved something from this season

in a rich Premier team kind of way

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Jun 2019 02:35

I didn’t watch as was at a wedding but sounds like a good one to miss. Glad (and not surprised) liverpool won. Miles better than spurs over the season and downright deserved winners. Happy for them. Good supporters too.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Jun 2019 07:20

Decent effort at Spurs new place

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jun 2019 08:06

That early goal did kill the game.

Bizarrely, Liverpool seemed set up to play direct and long, trying to get Salah and Mane in behind through the wide channels. It was crying out for them to put their foot on the ball and stroke it around. Spurs defence mostly dealt with the not great quality balls all night long. Liverpool were always just one lucky bounce / Spurs mistake from scoring again.

Spurs by contrast played some nice stuff out of defence and through the middle of the pitch, but had no final ball. Kane, Ali and to a lesser extent Son, just looked like they had no understanding of each other and couldn't play a good final ball or good shot to save their lives.

The heat, long season and big gap from their last game really showed and ruined it as a spectacle. As did having big stars return who clearly weren't fit.

Origi was utter turd bar his goal.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Jun 2019 09:33

Spurs 'Big 3' (Kane, Alli and Eriksen) just simply failed to turn up.

It was the CL equivalent of Reading vs Huddersfield in the PO final.

Much as I don't particularly like Liverpool, it would have been a travesty if they had won nothing at all.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jun 2019 09:34

CountryRoyal I didn’t watch as was at a wedding but sounds like a good one to miss. Glad (and not surprised) liverpool won. Miles better than spurs over the season and downright deserved winners. Happy for them. Good supporters too.

Yes, can’t begrudge them a trophy for their efforts this season, I’m pleased for Klopp personally, he deserves it more than most.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Jun 2019 09:37

Things keep coming back to me as to just how shit Spurs were. They bring on Llorente (far far too late) and we (everyone!) knows what he is good at.... with about 2 minutes left they get the ball about 1/3rd into Liverpool’s half wide on the right with clear space to deliver the ball into the penalty area where the big fella is waiting. What do they do? Look up and, not seeing a clear forward pass to feet, play it backwards where they get pressed and have to go right back into their own half.

If they were Man City with a bunch of short-arsed forwards then you could just about understand it but with Llorente in there it just defied belief.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Jun 2019 10:52

It was was an abomination.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 02 Jun 2019 11:03

Royal Rother Things keep coming back to me as to just how shit Spurs were. They bring on Llorente (far far too late) and we (everyone!) knows what he is good at.... with about 2 minutes left they get the ball about 1/3rd into Liverpool’s half wide on the right with clear space to deliver the ball into the penalty area where the big fella is waiting. What do they do? Look up and, not seeing a clear forward pass to feet, play it backwards where they get pressed and have to go right back into their own half.

If they were Man City with a bunch of short-arsed forwards then you could just about understand it but with Llorente in there it just defied belief.

Despite being media darlings Spurs are really not that good-they lose too many games.
A terrible match last night where I think the very early penalty seemed to affect Liverpool's normal game-the running and movement just wasn't there but, as others have said,Liverpool's play this season has warranted a trophy of some sort even if it is only the biggest prize in Europe (again :wink: )

Spurs have a big issue with Kane.
When he plays, most of their attacking moves go through him including his many finishes to win games.
When he doesn't play there is much more fluidity, pace and varaiation in their attacks but often there is not the player to finish.

Lol@ all the platitudes about Spurs afterwards saying that they will come back stronger etc. etc.
Will they?
No they are just Spursy and it is twice as long as Liverpool since they have won the title in England.
A nice new stadium but they need more than that.
Liverpool?
The squad building has worked and there is enough youthfulness and skill to expect them to compete strongly over the next few years.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jun 2019 11:17

They will though, they’ve got everything in place now - great stadium, facilities, manager, core of a great squad that just needs 2 or 3 more top players and some more depth.

They just need to keep Poch, look at the difference between them now and when he took over. Quite similar to Klopp and Liverpool, just a couple of years behind in the same kind of process.

Spurs are definitely getting there, if you don’t see that you’re either blind or an Arsenal fan.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Jun 2019 12:04

genome
CountryRoyal I didn’t watch as was at a wedding but sounds like a good one to miss. Glad (and not surprised) liverpool won. Miles better than spurs over the season and downright deserved winners. Happy for them. Good supporters too.

Yes, can’t begrudge them a trophy for their efforts this season, I’m pleased for Klopp personally, he deserves it more than most.

Klopp is an absolute credit to football. He is very positive, happy and smiling and his teams play football the way it should be played. He also does not lose sight of the fact that it is just a game and that people are more important. Long may he stay at Liverpool and spread that philosophy through the English game. Now he just has to win the league title for them....

432 posts